Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

Default Re: Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

It looks like re-uploading the mod is more complicated than I expected.

To summarize a long story, a couple of months ago I lost all the information stored in my old VAIO laptop. As I had been working on my new laptop for almost three years, I did not worry to retrieve any RTW modding stuff.

But I forgot that all the installers for my mods (Res Gestae, 77BC, Caesar Imperator et al) were stored in that old laptop, as some sort of backup external drive. So, unless I come across some backup CD, they are all lost.

The alternatives are now to make new installers and re-upload them, which would mean losing the great installers created by Hip, including the great FRRE CD-Rom. Or somebody in this community being so kind as to upload them again from his personal files.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    It looks like re-uploading the mod is more complicated than I expected.

To summarize a long story, a couple of months ago I lost all the information stored in my old VAIO laptop. As I had been working on my new laptop for almost three years, I did not worry to retrieve any RTW modding stuff.

But I forgot that all the installers for my mods (Res Gestae, 77BC, Caesar Imperator et al) were stored in that old laptop, as some sort of backup external drive. So, unless I come across some backup CD, they are all lost.

The alternatives are now to make new installers and re-upload them, which would mean losing the great installers created by Hip, including the great FRRE CD-Rom. Or somebody in this community being so kind as to upload them again from his personal files.
    What exactly do you need uploaded ? I got RG 4.1 one installer and 4.0+hotfix.
    Last edited by Dracula; February 13, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I just started second attempt to upload installer for RG 4.1. The first one got stucked in 69% and nothing happened for another hour. I hope this time in the morning it will work fine.

@Dracula, 4.1. if you could upload 4.1., it would be great.
    @TommySVK, I have always had trouble uploading to certain sites. As Megaupload always worked perfectly, I got used to it. Which was not my wisest decision so far. Thanks for trying.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

OK doing gamefront now.

Good to hear that, my second got stucked in 78% and nothing happened for several hours and I came back from job interview and there was still 78%. It´s a little bit frustrating and this must be even more frustating for developers of mods, when they try upload their projects after working on them for months and years. You have my big respect!

Oh bugger three times RG4.1 stopped(Gamefront) when nearly done...I try 4th time...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Exactly my problem, but I hope I made it.

Please try this Download link:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3125646405/Res_Gestae_4.1.exe

Oh sheesh,I finally did it also...hahahaha,poor Salvor owes us both ^_* . Nah we owe him for his work with the mod...so this a downpayment.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21333...Gestae+4.1.exe

I have rapid share,but says I need rapidshare pro???? Do you have to pay?

Thank you, guys.

Concerning Rapidshare, I think that files change their availability depending on the time frame. At this moment, Res Gestae is available for normal users, but I bet that it will become available only to premium users as the internet traffic becomes higher.

Yes I found this with the FFRE files,lol,not there,but today OK..grrrrrrrr.

Of course we are grateful Salvor for all his work and I´m happy that I was a very little helpful to him. Also you make a great job Kylan here in the forums.

About the rapidshare: This was the first time I uploaded anything there, maybe I made some beginner´s mistake, but the Salvor´s opinion sounds most possible.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Is it possible that I upload a modded version of RG ? With more cool units ? And changed animations and AI. Only that I haven't asked permission from the authors of the units so it must be for private use. But then that should mean I mustn't upload it publically, right ?

emptw1's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Is it possible that I upload a modded version of RG ? With more cool units ? And changed animations and AI. Only that I haven't asked permission from the authors of the units so it must be for private use. But then that should mean I mustn't upload it publically, right ?
    You'll have to ask permission from the people who made the mods first, they might ask you to credit them for it too, but you should ask them and see if you can get it uploaded, id love to try it out with that new stuff you have modded into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    As you rightly state, you must get permission from the creator of the new units for a public release. I hope that you do it, by the way.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Great job with this mod guys, one of the best roman timeframe mods out there

This mod looks great! Just what I have been looking for. Downloading now!
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Have a good fun

everything is fine but I always get a CTD when I play battle, my army have the second reform Legionary( I don't remember exactly it's name)
    but there's no CTD with other unit, only if I have the second reform Legionary in my army
    sr if my English is bad

I have a question, is this mod compatible with ALX? ALX has better AI and fixes some bugs, so it's preferable at least for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast