Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

Default Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

At last, here is the final version of the mod.

This is a standalone installation. So make sure that you remove former versions of the mod from your hard drive: it is as simple as going to your Rome Total War directory and removing the folder named RG.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Being this the last version of Res Gestae, I will take some space to credit the people who have cooperated in this project:

- Firstly, Florin80, who has made sprites and gloss files for all the units that we incorporated in 4.0. And he devoted a lot of time to recover all the units created by Prometheus when everybody thought that this mod was gone for good. He has also created historical battles for this version. Chapeau, mon ami.

- Next, the artists and teams that have allowed the use of their units. If everybody had half their attitude, the world would be a whole different place:
    - Ferres. Hellenistic and Asiatic units.
    - The Varyag Mod team. Barbarian Units. Special thanks to Neo and Mr. Gorby
    - The RTR Team. Carthaginian and Iberian units. Sky, Sound and Lightning System.
    - LAca
    - Kali

- A special mention to Uranos, for his work on the map and on many unit cards. Until I learnt how to do them.

- A great share of credit must go to the original creator of this whole new world, Prometheus ts. Without him, there would be no Res Gestae. And if his commitment had been just half his artistic talent, Res GEste would have become one of the great mods for RTW.

- And finally, many thanks to a lot of people that, by allowing the usage of their work or making it publicly available, have helped fulfill several areas of this mod that would have remained empty otherwise:

Pinarius - horse models and textures
    Boom S: Animations for the Indian Elephant Riders
    DavideCool: BetterWater mod 1.0.
    Riczu_74: strat map generals, named characters and siege icons
    SnakeIV: Greek, Eastern, Pontic and Carthaginian interfaces
    KAWEH K: faction icons and banners
    Arbaces: Dacian faction icons and banners.
    Tony: Briton Chariot unit card.
    The creator of the Roman cognomen mod (whom I have been unable to identify): Roman names.
    TiFlo: for his Unified Animation Pack, including the animations created by:
    - The Europa Barbarorum team
    - Signifer One
    - Prometheus
    MasterOfNone and Xprime: some map textures
    Vikrant: strat map units and strat map icons for Maurya
    Arbaces: units
    King Arthur: units
    Webbird: units
    Warspite: units
    Morfeasnikos: units
    Hannibal Smith: unit editing
    bladerunner900: unit editing
    hip63: installer for versions 1 to 3
    PatricianS: code
    tone: unit editing
    Sarkiss: historical texts and information
    Octavius Vatco: historical texts and information

RES GESTAE Original Team:
    Prof: Mounting , coding , bug fixing , implementation of new features , main version builder.
    Lionskin (Tea): coder , programming , maker of; new features , new vegetation , map , climates , autoinstaller and bug fixer.
    Epistolary Richard: Scripter , coder.
    Dav the Hun: UI unit interfaces cards and Info cards maker, sprites maker.
    Darth Vader: Formations , Ai all round balancement.
    Isnogood

To install Res Gestae, just run the downloaded file and then point the installer to your Rome - Total War folder.

You can download Res Gestae from these locations:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3125646...Gestae_4.1.exe
    *Uploaded by tommySVK - thanks, buddy.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21333...Gestae+4.1.exe
    *Uploaded by Kylan271 - my gratitude too, mate.

Requires the version 1.5 of Rome. Res Gestae is mod_foldered, meaning that is installed in its own folder, not changing content from your original RTW game. Nevertheless, there might be conflicts with other mods that overwrite parts of the original RTW installation.

As I wrote before, this is the final version of the mod. This means that there will be no other versions or hotfixes. At least, made by me.

If anyone wants, a "bugs and CTDs thread" can be opened. But I will not consult it. Perhaps some good soul will do it and make the fixes. I will not.

If this version of Res Gestae is unplayable for some reason -it should not, but things happen- you can always revert to 4.0.

Finally, thanks to all the people who have shown their interest and good feelings towards this mod. I hope to have given you some hours of good entertainment.

'Nuff Said!
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; February 15, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Laetus

Default Re: Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

Many many thanks to all !

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: Res Gestae 4.1. - Release thread

Thank you man Im sad that this is the last version but I hope this version will be bugg free You had maded a great work and this will remain the best mod in which I had played THANK YOU

Great work on this, Salvor! I'll definitely find time to try this soon, once some of my current projects are over.

+rep
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Ardashir 7's Avatar Libertus

thanks
    Very Proud To Be Muslim
    There Is No God But Allah
    The Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) Have Teached The World How To Live In Peace,And The Nowadays Media Will Only Delude The Empty Headed !
    There Is No Connection Between Us And The World Trade Center Attacks At All,The Ones Who Have Did It Are Mercenaries Taking Our Forms To Make You Hate Islam,Muslims,Go And Seek The Truth...Don't Let Them Fool You
    We Muslims Don't Hate Anyone,We Are Not Terrorists,We Only Seek Peace
    Islam Is The Only Way To The Truth,Read Our History And You Will Completely Know Who Is The Terrorist And Who Is The Righteous???
    Again Iam Very Proud To Be One Of Muhammed's Followers.

Thanks Salvor installing now
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Every time I recruit equites extrodinaire in Arretium a full legion minus general spawns.I know how the legion recruitment works I think but I am not recruiting the general unit.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Were do i download the mod from????????????/
    Please tell me quickli.
    Thanks

Also tell me how to install the mod.

My bet
    I sow how to download .
    Sorry for this.
    Thanks to Salvor Hardin for the mod
    I can't wait to play it.

I don't know if this is the right thred but is there a way to make a modification/script that when only 1 of the Roman factions survive the civil war rename it to "Roman Empire"?? For example is the Julii conquers all the other Roman factions it's renamed from "Julli" into "Roman Empire" or "SPQR".

Theology10's Avatar Foederatus

Res Gestae IS one of the great mods for RTW. I've played several campaigns and never grow tired of it.

Is this mod for RTW or RTW:BI or RTW:Al

it opens only till the main menu, after i click on - 'Imperial Campaign' or 'Quick Battle', it doesnt work
    It says select from list.... i dunno what's wrong
    Last edited by imperialmen; April 13, 2011 at 02:47 AM.

It looks like an installation problem of some kind:
    1. The mods works with RTW 1.5. version (no BI or Alex)
    2. You should have a folder named RG -containing the full mod- inside your Rome Total War directory.
    3. Finally, check that your RTW "Vanilla" works. Perhaps you have overwritten some files either with RG or with another mod (Roma Surrectum?)

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    It looks like an installation problem of some kind:
    1. The mods works with RTW 1.5. version (no BI or Alex)
    2. You should have a folder named RG -containing the full mod- inside your Rome Total War directory.
    3. Finally, check that your RTW "Vanilla" works. Perhaps you have overwritten some files either with RG or with another mod (Roma Surrectum?)
    No, this is my first mod, I hav alex and BI too, they work fine. Even the vanilla RTW works fine.....

But Res Gestae,

It opens up to the Main Menu, after I select "Imperial Campaign", it says- "Select item from list".....

When Quitting the game, the message I put in the picture shows up.

Wait, I will reinstall RTW too and try.

YAY!! I reinstalled RTW! And the Mod is working!!! OMG!! Superb mod!!! You just made my life

Hope you enjoy it.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Congratulations on your ultimate release!
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast