Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2010

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Modding Awards 2010 Winners

The Hedge Knight - Thanks for the breakdown of the results, thats exactly what I was looking for thanks mate! +rep

Now in respect to the "All In One" mod, the reason the mod has not been updated since September 2010 is due to the lack of mods, enthusiasm on the NTW platform! there have been no other mod contributors that have launched any mods worth adding to the "All In One" since September 2010! I only play NTW for Khartum/Zulu mod so thats saying something! To say there is a lack of depth is a little insulting with over 50 mods, and my own AI/Mods that have been added and many other tweaks to the mod!! A compilation it is but the proof is in the figures on its popularity and downloads, that confirms in my opinion that it is still a popular mod with many members?

I find it hard to believe that with over 300,000 views and over 60,000 downloads that "All In One" has not received any recognition?? but I suppose the proof is in the pudding with the data you provided for me! Oh well looks like no one is interested in the Nappy era no more then!

NTW in my eyes is finished, I read and see more members going back to Empire, Rome and Medieval which are much better games in terms of mods that are available to play.
    Thanks again
    Toon
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; February 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    The Hedge Knight - Thanks for the breakdown of the results, thats exactly what I was looking for thanks mate! +rep

Now in respect to the "All In One" mod, the reason the mod has not been updated since September 2010 is due to the lack of mods, enthusiasm on the NTW platform! there have been no other mod contributors that have launched any mods worth adding to the "All In One" since September 2010! I only play NTW for Khartum/Zulu mod so thats saying something! To say there is a lack of depth is a little insulting with over 50 mods, and my own AI/Mods that have been added and many other tweaks to the mod!! A compilation it is but the proof is in the figures on its popularity and downloads, that confirms in my opinion that it is still a popular mod with many members?

I find it hard to believe that with over 300,000 views and over 60,000 downloads that "All In One" has not received any recognition?? but I suppose the proof is in the pudding with the data you provided for me! Oh well looks like no one is interested in the Nappy era no more then!

NTW in my eyes is finished, I read and see more members going back to Empire, Rome and Medieval which are much better games in terms of mods that are available to play.
    Thanks again
    Toon
    I guess it depends on how sucessful Husser, Uanime, Petrolico and taw are .

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Toon: Guys I didn't get an award this year, how about we introduce team awards so I can get one?
    Others: Nah Toon mate, its a bad idea, there are many reasons why this shouldn't be done and hasn't been done.
    Toon: Guys I didn't get an award this year, how about we introduce team awards so I can get one?
    Others: Uh, Toon. Could you possibly read the reasons we gave as to why its a bad idea?
    TopCat: Toon it looks like you are actualy refusing to see our points here.
    Toon: Yeh EiC and TGW are advertising cheaters, NTW is a dead game, the Zulu mod is the only good one, and All in one is awsome.

/This discussion

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Also throw in a few (5, 6?) of these:
    Meneth: Toon, please stop double-posting.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Everyone else: Could we give the thread/forum an award instead?
    pvtgunny: Not possible.
    Everyone else: Oh, okay.
    (Que above stuff)
    Okmin: This is getting pointless. Maybe everyone should just live with the awards and try again next year...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Lol!! You lot still ing over the old dinosaur they call Napoleon total war, I can see this game becoming a legend like imperial glory by edios interactive!!! I see tescos are selling it for £3.99 up here in gods country!! Lol

Oh yeah I forgot I will also have to make sure to advertise my mods next time around like the TGW team did so that i get my votes!!!

And for the books... Zulu mod is the best mod on NTW

I think we have discussed this enough now and let's go and enjoy our mods etc..
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; February 20, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

I think we have discussed this enough now and let's go and enjoy are mods etc..
    Agree...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Lol!! You lot still ing over the old dinosaur they call Napoleon total war, I can see this game becoming a legend like imperial glory by edios interactive!!! I see tescos are selling it for £3.99 up here in gods country!! Lol

I think we have discussed this enough now and let's go and enjoy are mods etc..
    You've just proved Mitch's point. I really hope that was a tasteless joke.

For the record, I agree with you - within the next 6 months I plan to head back to ETW as well. It's just superior in so many ways. (Unless taw makes serious headway in the next few months that is).
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Others: Nah Toon mate, its a bad idea, there are many reasons why this shouldn't be done and hasn't been done.
    Others: Uh, Toon. Could you possibly read the reasons we gave as to why its a bad idea?
    TopCat: Toon it looks like you are actualy refusing to see our points here.
    Toon: Yeh EiC and TGW are advertising cheaters, NTW is a dead game, the Zulu mod is the only good one, and All in one is awsome.

/This discussion
    Lol, plus rep! I didn't get an award either, but my mods came second place in 4-5 categories (including favourite mod), so I'm happy to know that I'm even being considered to have good mods. I think Toon needs to calm down, and Mitch to lay off the gin, oh who am I kidding, he would be allowed to have his avatar if he layed off the gin
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Marshal Beale ♠ View Post
    Lol, plus rep! I didn't get an award either, but my mods came second place in 4-5 categories (including favourite mod), so I'm happy to know that I'm even being considered to have good mods. I think Toon needs to calm down, and Mitch to lay off the gin, oh who am I kidding, he would be allowed to have his avatar if he layed off the gin
    Your a bit late now making these comments Beale?? Dust has settled now and we hope to see a fairer system in place next year

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

My intention when I start making skins here was not to get any nomination , but since I saw that my work is using by the majority it's unfair for me not to mention just a bit here, I know and all know that what I have done in NTW was not so easy , I have skinned and release some unique units at early time, I know that moding world it's not an easy world , but I was expecting a bit of respect even the blueberry nomination lads
    Anyway I know that I was not so active the last 8 months but i had my reasons above moding and gaming. Of course it's not the first time that I get something similar. First was at 2005 for RTW , I have create skins and models for every Hellenistic faction but some of my moding team stole all these and release it as his own... but such life. I don't want to disuse my second issue since it was referend in another game (COH).
    Anyway a big cheer to winners , at least my friend @swiss took the title for NTW ( he had done a great work and he deserve this).
    Hopping to return soon to skinning after the release of the proper moding tools for Shogun .
    Thanks all the community a big respect !!!

Your a bit late now making these comments Beale?? Dust has settled now and we hope to see a fairer system in place next year
    lol, ok sorry
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

I also read all the comments and I saw that other people like toon who have convert all those mods together also got a big "0".
    As for a guy that said he is "one man show" , I have my doubts!!! I had work alone to made my add on units ,special compatible with AUm and that also was a reason that I'm happy for it , I'm very prood as I said that Swiss get his price but also other moders like toon or bar07 get the "0". So to be different I want a "00" or the blubbery award.
    Also someone said something like
    If we start awarding team members awards we raise the question of which contributors are "team members". Before you know it half of TWC will have a modding award.
    Though perhaps the like of "Most Helpful/Responsive Team" could get it, as that sort of award is less content based and more based on the people actually running the mod.
    in reply to him I would like to say that most of the time the MEMBERS doing the hard work and those so called mod leaders making the "000" !!!!!
    Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by georider; March 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213