Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Installation ...... (last update 13/03/2011)

Default Re: The Civil War - Installation ...... (last update 13/03/2011)

hello can i change the loading files from the launcher i have my one sound pack that i use but i have to reinstal it evrytime when i use tcw mod

Hey Husserl - Excellent Mod. Did get it working at the end. I can play Conf. Missions and Grand Camp and Union Missions and Grand Camp, but as soon as I try Warpath CAmp it CTD. I get as far as the Game Menu, where I can Select if I want to play long or short camp, but after that............CTD

Thanks

The Dog of Namibia

Hello, did you manage the financial trouble?
    i wait before trying to play again.
    Give news, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    Give news, thanks.
    if you want to play longer with money build traiding posts before its too late
    and traid wit evyone hows posible

I play hard level.
    It is not a matter of start money, the probleme is whatever you do your balance is negative, i try to developpe quickly without buy any units and it is not efficient.
    It's difficult because the remuneration were very, very poor, so you cannot even keep your begining army.
    disbandyour navy and it all comes fine again

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    hello can i change the loading files from the launcher i have my one sound pack that i use but i have to reinstal it evrytime when i use tcw mod
    You cannot. Just leave your file in data folder (use its own name). When you start mod launcher go in Options and disable mod's music. Then start your game. It so not big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by trebornam View Post
    Hey Husserl - Excellent Mod. Did get it working at the end. I can play Conf. Missions and Grand Camp and Union Missions and Grand Camp, but as soon as I try Warpath CAmp it CTD. I get as far as the Game Menu, where I can Select if I want to play long or short camp, but after that............CTD
    You should not CTD, unless you do not own Warparth DLC.

Give news, thanks.
    I'll wait for more possible suggestions for changes.

Icon13 Re: The Civil War - Installation ...... (last update 13/03/2011)

i like your mision campaing it has interesting history about the civill war but what is the true about native americans first you sad that the were fighting with the south and a few years later the had also sevice with the union

Britabroad's Avatar Civis

Hi rohan

Re the above question:
    Some Native American Indians fought for both north & south during the war, depending on their locations, politics, and their relationships with the Federal government.

A branch of the Cherokee tribes, for example, fought for the Confederacy as they also utilised slaves and did not trust the Federals. Their tribal Chief, Stand Waite, was actually the last CSA general to formally surrender in 1865, and held the rank of brigadier general.
    There were similar charcters fighting for the north too and I think it was Grant who had a Native American aide de camp at one point.

Hope this clears it up a bit.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to re-assert itself, though it may be at another time, and in another form." - Jefferson Davis

So is this the same as the Blue and Gray mod?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    So is this the same as the Blue and Gray mod?
    No. Blue and the Grey uses a different campaign.
    Husserls startpos mod uses our civil war stuff like models, characters, graphics and sounds based on b&g 2.1.... so for example no trains on the campaign map, no different recruitment system and so on.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    No. Blue and the Grey uses a different campaign.
    Husserls startpos mod uses our civil war stuff like models, characters, graphics and sounds based on b&g 2.1.... so for example no trains on the campaign map, no different recruitment system and so on.
    Ok thanks, downloading torrent now.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Ok thanks, downloading torrent now.
    Torrent? I think there is no torrent for b&g..
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

..there is for TCW...

so we put all 4 files in data folder

can someone put the already .exe in a diffrent download link, cause i cant get to torrent

Quote Originally Posted by Shugo560 View Post
    so we put all 4 files in data folder
    Not exactly. You just have then in the same file and then you unzip part 1. It will automatically extract all and will create the setup exe file.

Can you play single player on this mod? like battles etc

Quote Originally Posted by RulerOfTheWorld View Post
    Can you play single player on this mod? like battles etc
    The battle mod for singleplayer is our original mod "the blue and the grey 2.6".

WHEN COMES AN UPDATE TO FIXE THE BANKRUPTIE IN LIKE TO PLAY SHERMANS MARCH ON THE SEE ON THE WARPHAT MAP

First off, jesus christ rohan97... you really think thats gonna do anything besides piss people off ?? who the hell taught you about manners anyways !?

Now onwards, i would like to salute/compliment/have your children/bow down to the creators of this mod, it is truly great. I do have a question though, General George Meade starts out as a CSA general, but wasnt he the Union commander who beat Lee at gettysburg ? or was that a different george meade ? i am in no way a history buff and im not an american either, so i might very well be mistaken, especially since all my Civil War knowledge comes from movies like gettysburg, gods and generals, glory, ride with the devil and so on, mixed with a bit of wikipedia (perfect combo for misinformation, i know...) but if i am correct i would ask that you change his faction in the next patch.

Also, so far i've played roughly 10 hours of this mod and have yet to receive a single CTD, i played both standard campaigns, mission campaigns and warpath campaigns and the only kind of error i've encountered is in CSA warpath campaign where the regiments names are being shown, but the kind of regiment is not. For example you can't see if its militia, regulars or elite infantry unless you zoom in and check their armours, the info text is just missing from the info box that appears when you hoover your mouth over a unit. This deserves credit aswell since it might be the first non-finished mod i've played without CTD's in any game, very impressive and thorough work, and much appreciated.

*EDIT: since hoovering with your mouth can be considered strange, please change that part with "mouse" thank you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast