Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Installation ...... (last update 13/03/2011)

Default Re: The Civil War - Installation ...... (last update 13/03/2011)

I play with the Union, the game is working good, the atmosphere is great, just the revenue management is surprising and i have to say i do not like, with just a small army i'm to quickly in bankrupt, the Trade revenues and the taxe income are ridiculous related to expenditure.
    Some units (other than american are not change (Quebec for exemple).
    This is not for just free criticism, just i tell you, what i see and what i feel.
    There are good things but other are less.
    you make great job Husserl, i just wont to see your game become greatest.
    Thank you for the time you spend.
    Last edited by Oldglory; March 16, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks for feedback, it is important. What US campaign are you referring for the economic issues? I didn't think to change the units of Quebec because it is an emergent in grand campaign. I'll fix that in a future update.

I play warpath campagn, and the quebec declare war to union at.. turn 2. So i have to fight them.
    The confederates ask to make an alliance in the same turn 2 ...The both surprising for me, we know the IA campaign do not care historic fact, but sometime it's pitch it strong, exaggerate.
    Last edited by Oldglory; March 17, 2011 at 01:37 AM.

I am feeling very "DUMB as S..t" at the moment. I have dwloaded all 4 parts using Megaupload. I have 4 files: sounds_music.rar , TCW4a.zip.002, TCW4a.zip.003 and TCW4a.zip.004. NOW WHAT?? The Music rar is easy, the others are obviously zip files with the 00* codes after the zip. When I Rename the files to - say TCW4a.zip it says that it is not a ZIP file. WTF!

Please Help

The Dog of Namibia

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    I play warpath campagn, and the quebec declare war to union at.. turn 2. So i have to fight them.
    The confederates ask to make an alliance in the same turn 2 ...The both surprising for me, we know the IA campaign do not care historic fact, but sometime it's pitch it strong, exaggerate.
    35.000 is not enough with so many regions? Did you develop your economy? What level are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by trebornam View Post
    I am feeling very "DUMB as S..t" at the moment. I have dwloaded all 4 parts using Megaupload. I have 4 files: sounds_music.rar , TCW4a.zip.002, TCW4a.zip.003 and TCW4a.zip.004. NOW WHAT?? The Music rar is easy, the others are obviously zip files with the 00* codes after the zip. When I Rename the files to - say TCW4a.zip it says that it is not a ZIP file. WTF!

Please Help

The Dog of Namibia
    It is one file splited in 4 parts. You should have also TCW4a.zip.001 and not sounds_music.rar, unless you did something with winrar to TCW4a.zip.001. Anyway if you have all 4 parts (TCW4a.zip.001-4) together in the same place, just extract (unzip, decompress or whatever you call it) TCW4a.zip.001. It will rebuild automatically TCW4a set up file which you'll run to install mod.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 17, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

husser Great Mod! Only one question. The Union States show up as scotland one the main nation screen and the confederates show up as the united states. Any way of changing this so they show up under the correct names. Otherwise it has been real fun to play.

Thanks! You probably have a _loc pack from another mod that conflicts with mine. Remove it and you'll be fine.

Ok, I have redownloaded TCW4a.zip.001. When I try to extract it, I get the message: ! "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
    Are these files rar or zip? Should I rename them all with .zip or .rar at the end? Should I unzip them all together?

Thanks

The Dog of Namibia

I am using WINRAR! Should I use another unzip program?

Whoa.... Ok I have had an Epiphany. Used 7Zip and now everything works.
    Husserl - FYI, people using winrar will not get this to work, they should use 7zip.

Thanks

NamDog

Quote Originally Posted by trebornam View Post
    I am using WINRAR! Should I use another unzip program?
    You do not need any program at all since windows can handle zip files by default. But as trebornam said you can use 7zip which is free, fast and handles many type of files (included rar).

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    35.000 is not enough with so many regions? Did you develop your economy? What level are you playing?
    I play hard level.
    It is not a matter of start money, the probleme is whatever you do your balance is negative, i try to developpe quickly without buy any units and it is not efficient.
    It's difficult because the remuneration were very, very poor, so you cannot even keep your begining army.

I don't know about the union, but as the confederacy I have had a lot of economic troubles early on as well. The trouble is that the economy is not solvent without trade, and if either the union or mexico goes to war with you in the first couple of turns (mexico particularly loves to do this) they can blockade your only port. By turn 3 my army is being disbanded without being large enough to defend my borders. The only games where I've miraculously pulled through it's been by avoiding the civil war altogether and getting an alliance with the union ASAP.

*edit* I forgot to mention the most important thing, this mod provides a GREAT single player experience and I have yet to experience any crash/game corruption issues. Outstanding work, thank you!
    Last edited by Sithrain; March 18, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

OK. I'll rework finance.

GaussSoldier's Avatar Tiro

I'll second Oldglory's comments on the economy for the Warpath map. It seems that the only way to better my situation at the start is to get rid of the army and navy and pray the south is busy.

That aside, I'm very impressed with the stability. Coming from B&G, I was happy to see that this mod wasn't all that different, just CTD free.

I'm still busy with the Warpath map atm so I'll get back when I've had some time with the other modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    I play hard level.
    I DONT MATHER WAT LEVELL YOU PLAY the problem is for all levels
    . and whay becoms scot land part of the union .
    whay is carolina all whays attacking me in fort sumter in evry turn

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    I DONT MATHER WAT LEVELL YOU PLAY the problem is for all levels
    . and whay becoms scot land part of the union .
    Because your game's installation is in mess and you have more than one _loc files conflicting each other. You have to use only TCW loc file.

whay is carolina all whays attacking me in fort sumter in evry turn
    Because that is the way Civil War begun...

Hipertenso35's Avatar Foederatus

HusserlTW... First, excuse my poor english. Many years I've read great modding works. But Thank you, very much, for your work and courtesy.
    I was silent for my lack of knowledge about changes in the original games. Always found solutions to common problems in this forum.
    But, it's the first time I can't fix a CTD with your exceptional MOD.
    The installation was successful on the original game registered on Steam, the hardware requirements are excelent, rows script tested ... The game started without any problems.
    But within minutes, started to generate continual CTD: first, on the strategic map ... Then, during the battles.
    I'm starting to curse my ignorance. Rows successfully reinstalled, but I managed to solve the problem. It is apparently caused by exceptions in the sound system.
    Did you have any questions about this problem?
    If so, would appreciate your recommendations.
    Again, thanks for the work and solidarity.
    Well... Well ... Years later, I have decided to write my first post ...
    But the worst "Civil Wars",have with my young sons to win the battle and get access to MY OWN PC . Ha ha ...
    Once again, thank you for your patience and community spirit.

Welcome Hipertenso35! Sorry I have not received any issues relating to sound so I can inly recommend the usual like check and update sound drivers, etc. What is the type of your soundcard? Do you experience the problem only with TCW mod?

My best to your sons!

Hipertenso35's Avatar Foederatus

HusserlTW...

Thanks for your quick response ... The sound is, by default, the motherboard: Asus x64 AMD Athlon II processor with 3 GHz. The game detects high performance, but I lowered the settings to not force the hardware. Updated drivers ... Recently I played an hour ... Je ... Go beating handed the Yankees (obviously I'm using the initial level to learn the dynamics of the battles). And, when I went to start the third (and thankfully saved above) ... CTD again. I'm thinking about shooting the CPU. Je.
    The error report is this:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Empire.exe
    Application Version: 1.5.0.0
    Timestamp implementation: 4b74239d
    Fault Module Name: Empire.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.0
    Timestamp of the module with errors: 4b74239d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00d558f0
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 11274
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    This is, indeed, Aramaic, to my knowledge standard.

Now I will review a thread that advises on the settings of ATI cards (a 4800 1 GHz DDR3). I'll see if there appears no alternative but to explain this mess.
    Again, thank you for tireless help all rookies and inexperienced, which I will be the 2011 champion.
    The only good thing: Argentina will be used to being in trouble in perpetuity. In my 48 years, a number of dictatorship and war in the middle, I guarantee. I can repair this problem.
    Thanks again.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast