Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

Hi, I've just recently started playing this mod - and I adore it. But I have a few questions.

1: What does the campaign-map item/building called "Sacred burial ground" do?
    2: I've only been able to play as the Lycans(pre-favourites). What I wonder is; are all factions based on barbarians - or does some of the more "civilized" factions have academies or anything of the sort?
    3: I really love the "origin of the Lycans" tales, I've come to chapter 13 I think, and I wonder a couple of things; 1; Is a new chapter displayed every two turns or is it due to something else? 2; How many chapters are there to the Lycan-tales? 3; Are there other tales to other factions? 4; If 3rd is "yes", how many chapters does these tales contain?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the mod!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A few questions

Sacred burial ground; |I think is a resource. As to what it does I really don't know, Mak might remember, though she might not.

The Vampyre and human factions are far more civilized than the Lycans. You can also play as the various rebel factions, the ZOMBIES, Soul Eaters, Ghost Men and Druids.

The Chronicles ; To be honest I really don't know, I wrote them 3/4 years ago and don't have copies other than those in the game. They might be in a dev forum somewhere but I don't think I even have access to them anymore (can't remember the password)...

I don't think it runs throughout the game. (13 chapters, really? .. I didn't think it was that long!))

I was hugely proud of this mod but strangely never played it much. I keep meaning to go back to it but haven't yet.. I'm glad you're enjoying it, one tip I can give you for success as the Lycans, Horse Archers rock.

I only asked because every other resource such as "totem" or "garlic" had a description, but not the sacred burial ground. It's not important at all though, asked out of pure curiosity.

I've always hated the horse archers in any rtw-mod/vanilla, I prefer the usual infantry battle and using cavalry for a decisive blow. However I must admit that I usually very often use the auto resolve button because I'm more interested in the campaign than in the actual battles. But this mod probably is the first one where I've fought more myself than autoresolved. This due to the intresting unit types and because that the campaign map being relativly small in comparison to others, gives you the feeling that every major battle actually counts.

I've recently started experimenting with the horse archers versus rebel cities and stray-armies. It's pretty fun to use them, but I simply can't imagine myself using them in a large scale battle, too much micro for my part .

Haha I actually would encourage you to play this mod again, just whatever you did last time - go for a diffrent aproach, that's the only way for me to playing the same mod more than once. Variety = experimental situations = either disaster or a new found way of playing = more fun .

Regarding the chronicles, I've played a bit further now since my last post - and I've reached what I think is the end(atleast for the Lycans) - chapter 17, where you read of the battle at the Vampire capital and the battle where Lycaos(not sure how he's spelled) fell.

Another thing I wonder is; do you happen to remember how old Lucian can become? Does he have an altered age due to being a "special" character or does he also meet his end around the age of 60?

I'm amazed to see that a mod which was made so long ago, can have such high standards . I was scared that noone looked into this mod anymore, but thanks for the surprisingly quick reply!

Another question that I just recently started to wonder about is; What were the sources of this mod? Which kind of fiction was it?

I'm asking this because I liked the Underworld trilogy and I'm wondering if there are any other movies that share pretty much the same story. If there aren't much fiction you've gone after, then you sure have an amazing sense of imagination !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a-woowie.doowie View Post
    I only asked because every other resource such as "totem" or "garlic" had a description, but not the sacred burial ground. It's not important at all though, asked out of pure curiosity.
    They have some effect on the local settlement, I think. It might be some sort of population bonus, Makanyane might remember better than me..

I've always hated the horse archers in any rtw-mod/vanilla, I prefer the usual infantry battle and using cavalry for a decisive blow. However I must admit that I usually very often use the auto resolve button because I'm more interested in the campaign than in the actual battles. But this mod probably is the first one where I've fought more myself than autoresolved. This due to the intresting unit types and because that the campaign map being relativly small in comparison to others, gives you the feeling that every major battle actually counts.

I've recently started experimenting with the horse archers versus rebel cities and stray-armies. It's pretty fun to use them, but I simply can't imagine myself using them in a large scale battle, too much micro for my part .
    I've always disliked pointless battles, sometimes you find yourself fighting battles that have no real effect on the campaign and it's just about who has the better troops. With this mod we wanted battles to really mean something.

Haha I actually would encourage you to play this mod again, just whatever you did last time - go for a diffrent aproach, that's the only way for me to playing the same mod more than once. Variety = experimental situations = either disaster or a new found way of playing = more fun .
    We beta tested this a lot, I can still pretty much remember the strategies for the Human's and the Lycans. What is really tough though is playing as the rebel factions. When I have time I'll definitely come back to this mod.

Regarding the chronicles, I've played a bit further now since my last post - and I've reached what I think is the end(atleast for the Lycans) - chapter 17, where you read of the battle at the Vampire capital and the battle where Lycaos(not sure how he's spelled) fell.
    I think that was the end...The rest of the tale is what you play.

Another thing I wonder is; do you happen to remember how old Lucian can become? Does he have an altered age due to being a "special" character or does he also meet his end around the age of 60?
    I think he dies as any normal character would. The ability to have 'immortal' characters was only available when Alexander was released. There is a sub mod for EoD II which I think adds 'immortals..

I'm amazed to see that a mod which was made so long ago, can have such high standards . I was scared that noone looked into this mod anymore, but thanks for the surprisingly quick reply!
    I was a big fan of Blue Lotus which was way ahead of anything so we wanted to at least get to that standard. We learned how to make a good mod with EoD I and with this we pushed the limits where we could. Makanyane is the real genius ( we have some very knowledgeable friends as well)

Another question that I just recently started to wonder about is; What were the sources of this mod? Which kind of fiction was it?

I'm asking this because I liked the Underworld trilogy and I'm wondering if there are any other movies that share pretty much the same story. If there aren't much fiction you've gone after, then you sure have an amazing sense of imagination
    This was in development before 'Rise of the Lycan's' was released, but yes that was the basic inspiration. The rest was pretty much made up as we went along. The chronicles I, mostly, wrote during my lunch breaks while at work.

Thank you for the great reply!

I just came up with additional questions .

1: Can Lucian have children? Because he has a wife, but he's the only character that I've that hasn't got any offspring.

2: So for me to get "immortal" characters I would've to use the Alexander install?
    *If yes - is it save game compatible from barbarian invasion, or are the diffrences too significant for it to work?

3: I read somewhere that the immortal-thread was bugged or something - is it OK to use it now, or are there still some problems with it?

4: Is this immortal add-on like a patch or do I have to change coding? Because I've never done that.

Blog Entries

1: Can Lucian have children? Because he has a wife, but he's the only character that I've that hasn't got any offspring.
    As far as I know he can. Maybe he's just a bit over stressed.

2: So for me to get "immortal" characters I would've to use the Alexander install?
    *If yes - is it save game compatible from barbarian invasion, or are the diffrences too significant for it to work?

3: I read somewhere that the immortal-thread was bugged or something - is it OK to use it now, or are there still some problems with it?

4: Is this immortal add-on like a patch or do I have to change coding? Because I've never done that.
    We didn't make the immortal sub mod so I don't know. TBH I prefer it the way it is. Lycans (werewolves) are rarely immortal in any myth.

[QUOTE=Halie Satanus;8961668]As far as I know he can. Maybe he's just a bit over stressed. [/QUOTE

Hehe, I've never been sure of this - but it might be due to the fact that he's fighting pretty much all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    We didn't make the immortal sub mod so I don't know. TBH I prefer it the way it is. Lycans (werewolves) are rarely immortal in any myth.
    Might be true, but I really like contuinity with a few characters

As far as I know(I played the mod last year) the Immortals addon from this topic works just fine.
    Enjoy your super-powered generals.
    Oh, yeah, you need to download this as well if you want Lucian to live forever. It's pretty self-explanatory how it's done.
    Last edited by Shadurak; February 19, 2011 at 03:35 AM.

Yeah, forgot to mention it - but I made it work a while ago.

Thank you anyways.