Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Released] ChivTW - FCRC v1.0

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Released] ChivTW - FCRC v1.0

It says it could not create a settlement at line 489.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by skynet464 View Post
    It says it could not create a settlement at line 489.
    Afaik, FCRC has still no own modfolder so your installation is ed up ... Bull will correct me, if i'm wrong.
    Sounds like you have mixed up the chivalry folders of ChivTW-vanilla and FCRC in the same RTW directory.

Remove the chivalry folder and reinstall either ChivTW-vanilla to play that or FCRC to play that ... just as long FCRC is not modfoldered, each installation must go into a separate RTW folder.
    But is is also described in the 1st post, no?

Edit: As i read post #1, it is somehow different as i assumed above. Better wait on Bull's instructions.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 14, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

What DV said is more or less true, although FCRC *is* modfoldered, it has the same name as the regular Chiv modfolder which means the two can't coexist. If you want to play FCRC, first remove your Chiv folder (or rename it, if you want to play it sometime in the future) and then install FCRC

Oops, i didn't read step 2. Thanks for the help!

I just tried to play it after i reinstalled it but it just crashes immediately when i try to launch a campaign. And when a check the RTW folder afterwords, cliffs_debug.. I did everything right, so i do not understand the problem.

You're sure your vanilla is completely clean? Other people do not seem to be having this problem, so the problem must be somewhere in your files...

I'll do a reinstall today, see if that works.

Is there a working download? I can't find one.

The Moddl one is working.

^though that requires signing in...

Quote Originally Posted by Mavet View Post
    Is there a working download? I can't find one.
    When I uploaded this, Megaupload hadn't died yet
    I'll reupload to speedyshare this afternoon

everytime i click on the download button, after signing in, it just gives me an error.

edit: Nevermind I have it working.

edit2: When I try to start the campaign it simply goes back to the start list of campaigns menu and nothing happens.

- I merged your posts. If you have anything to add to what you have already said, you can always press the "edit" button. A new posts is unnecessary. /Bull
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; March 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Read!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynet464
    Whenever i try to launch a campaign or battle, it just goes back to the single player. I know chivalry worked before i installed FCRC, so what is the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze
    right-click "properties" and add -show_err to the target line. Now run FCRC again, try to launch the campaign and then quit the game. You should get an error. What does it say?
    I'm pretty sure the install instructions are clear.

So, I finally got around to play this submod.

I picked Teutonic Order. Impossibly difficulty? Bah, I'm a Total War and Chivalry veteran!
    How it worked out in the end? Well...
    At first, things went fine. I managed to defeat two hosts of archers and woodsmen with the Livonians and conquer Riga and Rävala.
    The Teutonics captured Gdansk without provoking one of the large enemy armies in the area to counterattack. At this point things looked quite well. My economy was almost stable. But I was still very deep in the reds (-17000). So I cheated to get myself just into the positives. *shame*

I still needed one more province to get a positive income. So made a daring move: I combined all the pitiful troops I could muster in the south (2x Teutonic Bodyguard, 1x Grandmasters Knights, 2x Sergeant Infantries, 1x Levy Infantry, 1x Archers) an marched against Trusas. While sieging the town, I was attacked by an enemy full stack: 5x Lithuanian Nobles, 5x Light Cavalry, rest woodsmen and archers, +1 Mala Druzina as reinforcements in my back.
    It was glorious. Of course I lost. But I gave them hell. Actually I think without the Mala Druzina I would have wrestled a phyric victory out of that.
    Anyway, after this loss, the southern holding of the Order quickly vanished from the maps. Both settlements rebelled the following turn.

Despite this loss, the Livonian and now only part of the Ordensstaat was quite healthy. It turned out that not having to pay for the very expansive Grandmaster Knights was actually a boon.

In the following years and decades the Livonian Order thrived. Still without an actual army (just using Bodyguards) I managed to capture Vilnius and Brest, and defending the later from Hungarian aggressions. I developed all of my 5 settlements to the next level, and converted Riga, Rävala, Fellin and Vilnius to Christiany.
    I was just preparing to convert Brest as disaster struck: my allies, the Kingdom of Poland, betrayed me and launched an attack. At the same time, Hungary made another push against Brest. And shortly thereafter the Cumans (Mongols?) attacked from the east. At first I managed to hold myself. But then Vilnius was bribed, Riga conquered. With this loss my economy crashed immediately. And no matter how many enemies I killed they just kept coming. At this point I practically gave up. It may have been possible to fight all the enemies to a ceasefire, but I would never have gotten out of the financial hole.
    I stopped fighting the battles myself and just passed the turns without doing anything, autoresolving any battles. It still took the enemy 10-15 years to finally take me down. The AI really sucks in holding conquered territory.

Still, it was fun. While being challenging is good, I feel the Teutonic Campaign could use a bit balancing. The grandmaster starting in the holy land is a nice idea, but in gameplay terms its just a huge money sink for the first 6 or so turns.
    A less backstabbing AI would help.

Also, I noticed some strange things. I do not recall any similar happenings from Chivalry, so I thinks is worth noting:
    1. Mysteriously dieing factions. This occurred two times. First was Denmark. It had developed into some regional powerhouse controlling all of Scandinavia, Finland, Gotland, and making forays into the HRE. And then suddenly the died. No explanation given.
    Some time later the same happened with Aragon. They were not at war with anybody at that point. That just died...
    Whats up with this?

2. Really strange battle AI behavior. Sometimes at field battles the enemy would position some units at rather strange positions (face away from the enemy), and then just sitting there doing nothing, even if there is tense fighting a stone-throw away.

Hello Rabenrecht

It's good to have some extensive feedback, so have some rep for that! I certainly agree that everything would need a bit more balancing, however, the first attempt at making a patch for FCRC got to a standstill and my old computer blew itself up during the second, so currently the development of FCRC is on hold, unfortunately. Had I had more manpower, I'd certainly start fixing it right away. Still, that doesn't mean I can't respond to your post, so here goes

Still, it was fun. While being challenging is good, I feel the Teutonic Campaign could use a bit balancing. The grandmaster starting in the holy land is a nice idea, but in gameplay terms its just a huge money sink for the first 6 or so turns.
    A less backstabbing AI would help.
    Agreed on the entire part except for the last bit. As you probably know, the AI is hardcoded. It's impossible to change its behaviour.

1. Mysteriously dieing factions. This occurred two times. First was Denmark. It had developed into some regional powerhouse controlling all of Scandinavia, Finland, Gotland, and making forays into the HRE. And then suddenly the died. No explanation given.
    Some time later the same happened with Aragon. They were not at war with anybody at that point. That just died...
    Whats up with this?
    It happens in every RTW and Medieval 2 game from time to time. It's caused by the entire family tree dying out, often due to members being assassinated or killed in battle faster than the rate at which children come of age. With Denmark, I think it was just bad luck for them. With Aragon, it happens more often. The engine balances out the amount of family member to the amount of regions, so if a faction has one region, the engine simply won't spawn more than two or three family members. That, combined with the fact that Aragon is surrounded by strong enemies makes it more likely for this to happen.

2. Really strange battle AI behavior. Sometimes at field battles the enemy would position some units at rather strange positions (face away from the enemy), and then just sitting there doing nothing, even if there is tense fighting a stone-throw away.
    I didn't change the units nor the AI compared to CHiv vanilla, so it really can't be that. Perhaps the new environments are the problem; I wouldn't know.

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Hey there I was wondering if the battle interface thing can be changed back to vanilla style along the bottom? If so how may I do so? :-)

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Find a file called preferences.txt in the mod folder, and change MINIMAL_UI:TRUE to MINIMAL_UI:FALSE.

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Ahh gotcha :-) Thanks bud.

Alec_S's Avatar Laetus

Get this error when I try to launch from Steam. Everything file wise is where it should be, and the correct launch setting is in place on steam.

Script Error in Chivalry/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3925, column 18.

Unrecognised ship type 'light warship'.

This occurs when trying to launch it with RTW and RTW:BI

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

... sounds like a launch error.

'light warship' is the "ship model" name used in ChivTW.
    I don't think that has been changed in the FCRC version.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Download link in opening post is dead. Can anybody -- Bull3pr00f or someone else -- please provide a new upload? Chivalry has long been a favourite mod of mine, and this seems like a fantastic submod.

Thanks to Jagmodo for providing a download link in THIS THREAD.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; October 27, 2013 at 01:17 AM.