Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who's still playing?

Default Re: Who's still playing?

Due to the state of my computer (not that I change it), I have fun playing in Europe.

Lolikipz's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Still playing MTW.

Once in a while, but still playing, because it's a wonderful game. Add BKB/XL/Redux and you're set.
    Pretty much.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

5 years on, glad to see the thread is still up here
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Finally figured out how to install the XL mod onto my Steam version a few weeks ago. Have been playing it pretty regularly since then. What fun!
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

I am still playing few days ago... vh

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Nizam,nostalgic screenshoot! Most stylized icons of events ever in TW.
    P.S. Anyone know MTW mods with more provinces or multiplayer mods?

Recently I installed MTW with XL and Tiberius mods. This game is great and it's always fun to remind this title. I really like this old campaign map, but it would be great to add some diplomacy. AI is completely unpredictable, it can break the alliance even if its fraction is a small enclave in the middle of my empire.

Tiro

This is really cool game... a tragedy of Chancellor of Denmark in Ryazan forest
    (btw Caravel mod)
    That's how underestimating small battles ends.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastomen View Post
    Nizam,nostalgic screenshoot! Most stylized icons of events ever in TW.
    P.S. Anyone know MTW mods with more provinces or multiplayer mods?
    XL Mod - BKB Mod - Redux Mod - have a look at them. Caravel mod, Tyberius mod, take a look and see if they fit the bill.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Browsing through Steam the other day I noticed MTW was updated to win7, and at ten buck$ (I'm actually waiting to pounce on the Summer Sale in just under 2 weeks - so this will probably be even cheaper then - but I got impatient) I decided to revisit this old favourite. I'd forgotten more than I remembered, particularly just how different this is to the current Total War titles, it's altogether a different game on the campaign map. Playing Italy on hard. I got to bed at 5am this morning after obsessively extracting myself from being surrounded by treacherous back-stabbing allies. The CAI is sharp, hard and ruthless - show any weakness and your neighbours pounce. If I wasn't a save game compulsive my campaign would be dust and my little emerging Empire carved up between my allies by treaty and marriage.

Having a ball, getting into some better units now and payback is scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    XL Mod - BKB Mod - Redux Mod - have a look at them. Caravel mod, Tyberius mod, take a look and see if they fit the bill.
    Tyberius mod is great. Of course XL mod what we need first.

Anyway, I was always playing but lately, literally obsessed with MTW1 lol. Good ol' days haha. Btw, are there anyone who tried MP? If it's still possible (haven't tried) we can play a game or two. Anyone?
    A friend advises in his interest, not yours.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by River Lord View Post
    Tyberius mod is great.
    Really? As I see it (this on general terms)…

Using or playing the Tyberius-mod these days can hardly be much else then the silent approval/sanction of the rotten modding-practices he used, as he crafted, and how he created, that mod. For instance, his repeated problems with honest, actual and unserious credits in relation to it - over and over again resulting in suggesting various stuff as supposedly his own, when it clearly is/was not. Or the unlawful/unsanctioned or unaccredited use and/or distribution of various material, or even stolen materials in some releases etc.

There are no two ways about it, his modding practices was/are rotten. As a result, I have never liked the act of implicitly condoning/excusing it in public by either somehow recognizing, supporting, using or even celebrating the final result of those practices and actions - the mod. After all, I have had first hand experience of these very practices and actions - because of Tyberius - so its very hard to ignore for me. Obviously, some folks have no such considerations, reservations and/or problems. Then again only a hypocrite would argue or act like it won't matter somehow. Of course it matters… The real question here is what honest modding and the practice of that, are actually worth to us? What are we willing to do for it, as to uphold and to protect it? …Something or nothing...?...

Personally, I always went with “something”... As this post illustrates...

- A
    --------------
    Please note that I have truly zero interest or desire in further discussing this stuff (or related things). Anyone
    who still prefers to somehow use Tyberius stuff (despite all things) are free to do so at will - however in doing
    so they will also, quite obviously, earn (at least) my distrust and dislike as a result – as could clearly be
    expected (due to my involuntary experiences on this note). Lets just leave it at that.

I have all the Total War games up to Shogun 2 and I keep coming back to Medieval 1 every now and then. Started it up today and decided to play The Sicilians for the first time. Took Naples from The Byzantine Empire and planning to invade further. I have a bunch of generals not loyal to me and on the verge of a possible civil war. Such fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by River Lord View Post
    Tyberius mod is great. Of course XL mod what we need first.

Anyway, I was always playing but lately, literally obsessed with MTW1 lol. Good ol' days haha. Btw, are there anyone who tried MP? If it's still possible (haven't tried) we can play a game or two. Anyone?
    A bit of an old reply...

But I never managed to play MTW 1 MP. Would be nice to try it for once.

Have recently come back to MTW on steam having previously played it on disc. Unfortunately constant crashes have rendered the game almost unplayable. Unless I find some way round this, and fast, I cannot see myself playing it for much longer

Steam version works fine for me. What resolution are you playing at? I hear higher resolutions cause the game to crash.

I have heard that before. I do play at the default for my computer which 1920 x I can't remember what. The thing is the main problem seems to be in the high period. I just can't get past 1232 when the Mongols arrive on Tiberius mod, and frequently it crashes before that too. I will try on a lower resolution I think.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Glad to get back to it; features in M1 still attracts me, having fond memories many years after I played it to no end, hehe.
    Granting fiefs, the importance of a good ruler or see the realm break up in rebellions, faction re-emergence, and the greatest civil war mechanics of any TW game
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 07, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Billious View Post
    I have heard that before. I do play at the default for my computer which 1920 x I can't remember what. The thing is the main problem seems to be in the high period. I just can't get past 1232 when the Mongols arrive on Tiberius mod, and frequently it crashes before that too. I will try on a lower resolution I think.
    I actually just barely had the same issue in vanilla related to the Mongols. What fixed it for me was setting my campaign map resolution to be the same as both my desktop and battle map resolution.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Glad to get back to it; features in M1 still attracts me, having fond memories many years after I played it to no end, hehe.
    Granting fiefs, the importance of a good ruler or see the realm break up in rebellions, faction re-emergence, and the greatest civil war mechanics of any TW game
    Ah the civil war... such a great feature! Loved the map style as well and the little title pieces you could grant/revoke off generals.

Kind of want to get it loaded back up. Viking Invasion was good fun as well.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE