Thread: goverment

Default goverment

first - have to say - wonderful mod. Tons of authenticity, and very interesting ideas. Feel like playing a completely new game - way smarter game than RTW. I hope you guys will do the same to MTW2. I'll bet what CA will release will be far from authentic.

I have a question about goverment. It seems way too expensive and takes too much time to install. It makes sense the first time. But what happens if some other faction (or rebels) takes it?
    I actually did not risk to try it, but from what I read - I think your goverment gets destroyed and AI faction automaticaly gets their best suited goverment built.
    What if you take the town back next turn? Should you wait again for 30 turns to install new goverment?
    It seems a bit harsh.

I think it makes sense to consider to reduce number of waiting turns and price for goverments.

If you lose a town for a while and then retake it, you will have to pay to repair it (as it will be heavily damaged), but you won't have to wait so long the second time around. That seems like a fair trade off. Just make sure you destroy the govt buildings that belong to the other factions though.

The AI never destroys buildings, your gov't will be there (in damaged form) when you retake it.

History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

all right, cool Then it makes sense. Sorry - did not dare to try giving up a city just to test - it takes SO LONG to build it up.

Ever hear of process_cq <city_name>? Begin constructing all the buildings you want and hit the ` key and enter the above code (remove the < and > and insert the city's name) and tada, you got all of those buildings.

That would be very good for testing (if you can do it more than once per game)

Well, you could if you had v1.0 or 1.1 vanila, but alas, such is not the case. Still, if he was going to get rid of the city on purpose, and then recapture the city, it would work beautifuly if things went sideways on him.