Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    A new faction?! No, very very unlikely. I'm around here for years already (not TWC, but FATW in general) and I never heard anything alike. All factions that will be in game, are already included, if only as faction for CBs.
    Some have been removed, like the Orcs and (very early already) Khand. There was a map somewhere, showing the territories of all factions and there were but Dunland, Dwarves, RK, Orcs and Elves in Eriador
    Also this faction wouldn't have any justification; all the lands between the Misty Mountains and the Lhűn River, Ered Luin respectively belong righteously to the Reunited Kingdom. With the notable exception of the Shire. Even the Breelanders regarded the Kings of Arnor as their sovereign (sort of. As long as there was beer and weed they didn't really care I think ). Dunland's status is not really known, they possibly remained (sort of) independent. A faction placed between Dunland and the RK wouldn't have a chance to stand their ground and would be crushed very soon.
    Yeah, I'd not read anywhere of any new faction but when I saw it mentioned in the first DevDiary I was pretty surprised. But like I said, I could be getting the wrong end of the stick. Just seems odd that MoN would mention that settlers around Tharbad wanting to protect their trade & that there's no more info on this...
    Emberverse: Total War - The Protectors War

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

I think it'll at least be an important region in the game. Perhaps it'll have some AOR units (like we have the guys from Dol Amroth and Lossarnarch in Gondor)

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    There was a map somewhere, showing the territories of all factions and there were but Dunland, Dwarves, RK, Orcs and Elves in Eriador
    Just had a look about and couldn't find this. Could someone be excellent & link me in?

Muchos Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    I think it'll at least be an important region in the game. Perhaps it'll have some AOR units (like we have the guys from Dol Amroth and Lossarnarch in Gondor)
    My thoughts too, but didn't want to jump to conclusions and ask something stupid like "is this a new faction?". Wait a minute...

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

It's *years* ago since I last saw this map. I think it was way back on the very first homepage the FA:TW team had and fourthage.org is long since down.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

it was on modrealms, a couple of years ago

That map would no longer be accurate anyway.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

What are you up to

The Dominion of Hobbits: Valinor - the Reconquista
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

That was supposed to stay in the dev forum!

Clearly I can't be trusted.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    That map would no longer be accurate anyway.
    Jeez, we could almost do with a new map or screenshot of the strat screen...

Icon5 Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    The Dominion of Hobbits: Valinor - the Reconquista
    I am not sure but I think that I do not understand this. What on earth have I met?

If it is some kinda X-case, then leave it.
    "Nem érdekel a valóság, mára álmodozó lettem
    Mindent, amit elkövettem, önmagamért tettem..."

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

and I wonder if the Dwarf family tree will have bearded dwarf women

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

I'm afraid not, we've shaved them all.

But why?????????????????????????

Wasn't the whole "dwarven women have beards too" a joke entirely originated in the movie?

Yep.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Yep.
    Wasn't it an exaggeration of stuff hinted at in the books? In where all we know was that Dwarven women were normally kept rather secluded, so the breaded woman sprung up as a rumor in-universe.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
    Wasn't it an exaggeration of stuff hinted at in the books? In where all we know was that Dwarven women were normally kept rather secluded, so the breaded woman sprung up as a rumor in-universe.
    well, some men become appaled when seeing (even only seeing) girls with thin moustache or small growth of beard. I wonder if they see fully bearded dwarven women, the'll got seizures

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Heresy!!!
    You bow to Morgoth!
    Burn you shall all!

Of course all, I say ALL, Dwarves were bearded! Men, women, even their youngest children. They were even born with hairs (ridiculous as it may seem), with both, the hair of the head and their beards. I swear on the revered Professor's tobacco pipe (and the preciousssss, gollum)!
    This is stated in HoME, Vol. XII The Peoples of Middle-earth, "On Dwarves and Men" (or however this chapter is named. Though I'm not sure, maybe it's found somewhere else, Vol XII is correct anyway). I just read this passage this very afternoon!

Geez, you'll end like Azog if you don't take care.

EDIT: Ye don't wanna know how the Orc women look like....
    Last edited by Thangaror; May 13, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast