Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: RotN Faction Preview - ANTIGONID KINGDOM OF MACEDON

Default Re: RotN Faction Preview - ANTIGONID KINGDOM OF MACEDON

SOOOO Beautiful ! ! !

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

I am truly amazed at the amount of research shown. I am a ancient history nerd and this is totally amazing +rep to you all

Dihnekhs's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: RotN Faction Preview - KINGDOM OF MACEDON

excelent work but i must point out some terrible historical errors u have made regardind ur text Macedon was a kingdom of people who spoke greek who worshiped greek gods(except dionysus who was also worshiped in the rest of greece but not to such an extent) who had greek names and their royalty originated form argos(peloponese).Yes they did not evolve just like the other city states and like the epirote tribes they followed an antiquated greek system of government from the 7th-8th century maybe earlier.I must point out that Alexander I (who murdered the persian messangers) warned the free greek states of the persian plans at thermopulae and platea,also he and many makedonians competed in the OLYMPIC GAMES(only people of Hellenic ancestry could compete,the ellanodike made sure of that).As for the language their are testomonies of athenians(doric higher class,ionian lower and middle class)calling the aeolians barbarians because they could not understand them due to their different Hellenic dialect,we encounter the same attutude towards the makedonians and epirotes.Strabo also mentions that makedonia always aws part of greece and it was frequently mentioned that all hellenic people should be gratefull to the makedonians and epirotes for holding back the hords of barbarians...although some times greek city states helped the northern kingdoms fight the barbarians!!

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros

yes that is true... even now the northern dialects are very different from the southern ones... by the way I read somewhere that Lakedemonians and Makedonians were related!? is that true!?

Antiochus_III's Avatar Libertus

I do believe so. The Lakedemonian's ancestors and ethnic group ,the Dorians ,migrated into the Peloponnese at some point. Replacing the culture that existed before it. Of which there is evidence in the linear B tablets. I think also at some point they ended up in Attica? Although only briefly. It's quite hard to pin point the origin of this 'invasion'. But its generally argued that the Dorians came from areas such as Epirus, Macedonia and lands to the North! Hence why Spartan culture is so very different from that of other Greek cities.

On another note, the Macedonian units look unbelievable. Truly brilliant! I cannot wait to rebuild Alexander's Empire with these gorgeous phalanxes!

Gaius Marius Maximus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorketes View Post
    ...Ask the godsI will sacrifice a hekatůmbÍ to Apollo for a preview
    allow me the honor to accept this sacrifice of my own fortune noble stranger
    gods protect you

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Wow guys. This preview is beautiful. Good job!
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

Good job guys and nice units!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456