Thread: SUBMOD - Brand new alternate Victory Conditions.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default SUBMOD - Brand new alternate Victory Conditions.

THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH TROM2 2.2!

Here is a little sub-mod for you all, it changes the victory conditions for almost every single nation to make them more challenging and to remove some of the "Out of the way" countries that would be a hassle to get to in the course of a campaign. I've also removed territories that force you to go war with your allies so you don't have to betray your long-time buddies to get a specific territory. The changes are as follows:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    France

Removed

-England
    -Naples
    -Portugal

Increased required territories by 5.

Great Britain

Removed

-Naples

Added

-Rennes
    -Caen
    -Flanders
    -Picarde-Champagne

Prussia

Removed
    -Mecklenburg

Added
    -Hannover
    -Bavaria

Austria

Added
    -Baden-Wurttemburg
    -Switzerland
    -Alsace-Lorraine

Denmark

Removed
    -Mecklenburg

Added
    -Oldenburg

Sweden

Added
    -Novgorod

Russia

Added
    -Stockholm
    -Wallachia
    -Rumelia

Spain

Removed
    -Ireland
    -Flanders

Added
    -Rome

This is an updated version of the sub-mod previously released by Yarkis. Enjoy!

To install Go to this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\TROM2_Campaigns_01

And simply replace the old startpos file with the one I've provided.

Please feel free to point out any problems or inconsistencies so that I may correct them.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 04, 2011 at 05:07 AM.

Default Re: SUBMOD - Brand new alternate Victory Conditions.

The respected! If to you it is not difficult? Whether you for me could change parametres for Britain! I think that Englishmen to land and grasp the earths in Spain, than in France (it-suicide) historically more correctly! If to you it is not difficult please!

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    The respected! If to you it is not difficult? Whether you for me could change parametres for Britain! I think that Englishmen to land and grasp the earths in Spain, than in France (it-suicide) historically more correctly! If to you it is not difficult please!
    So you'd like less requirements for Great Britain in France and more requirements in Spain such as Navarra and Catalonia?

Just trying to be clear here.

Yes! All is true! To Spain (where it is possible to find support at the population) I understand landing to Flanders, but to France (in paws of a tiger), where each dog against, (considering caution of Englishmen?) (D-Day only in 1944). If to you not difficultly change conditions for England (instead of France for Spain.I hope finally to begin game with new wonderful 2.2!
    Last edited by yantar007; February 05, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

So by adding more, say Ottoman victory conditions would make them more aggressive ?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Suvorov View Post
    So by adding more, say Ottoman victory conditions would make them more aggressive ?
    Not shure. The victory conditions may have some influence which target the AI chooses, but from my experience you can't make a passive faction aggressive by just adding or changeing victory conditions.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Can we get a VC mod for the latest version v.2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Can we get a VC mod for the latest version v.2.3?
    Yes, can you make it, please? I know you're busy with TROM for Shogun II but I think this is 5 minutes of work for you .

I would like you, please, to change the victory conditions for

Britain: their goal should be to grasp some land in Spain or Portugal (Britain should be allied with Portugal actually) and Naples.

Austria: they should perhaps NOT go for Alsace-Lorraine but for Torino instead.

Russia: isn't Stockholm a bit too far for them ? They should go for Poland but this one isn't necessary, although I wouldn't want to see Russia in Scandinavia.

Spain: Rome must be removed here. It should be Portugal instead and definitely Gibraltar because in two TROM campaigns I played (older version though, now I've downloaded the newest TROM II) the Spanish didn't bother to take Gibraltar.

That's it. Can you do this for me, please? And then I will leave you in peace?

And if you don't want to do this, can you please explain me how to change the victory conditions myself, step by step, in detail?

Great thanks!
    Last edited by KamilW; June 13, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Sir Wellington-masochist! Continue to play and enjoy, just annoying British troops in France! For the first time in the summer of 1805, and then every six months! I used to destroy them, keep the army in Brittany or Kane, but stupid (very stupid) Wellington still remains on death! But why not in Spain?? O great help if you can fix it! With it for the landing in 20 groups and a lack of British sloop! 1shlyup brings full army! If anyone can fix it in, help! Oh great Yarkis! How can you stop it, even landing in Spain, Naples, but not in France! And of course I do not use this submod.U me the original version of Yarkis. Here, put this post! But England would not go to Spain! Help prevent landing in France!!!!!!!
    Last edited by yantar007; November 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM.