Thread: TROJANS in Mod Files ???

Default TROJANS in Mod Files ???

Many of you keep complaining that your anti virus is detecting malware in my files. First I have to say that I am an experienced modder and I would had never permitted that to happen.

These are all false alarms. When I received the first complains about AntiVir I send the files to that company for checking. I have below an image of their mailed answer. So what you can do about that? If you do not trust what I am saying (and you shouldn't) send the files to the company that makes the anti virus they use. They will check them and they will add them in their database so they will nit be detected as malware in the future.

I have also to say that these anti virus are not "clever" at all (though I could say worse). And that's because my exe files are very simple and made by batch files. They usually include some simple commands like copy that file there, move the other file here, etc., and I should expect a good anti virus program to see that it is not a threat at all. That is why I propose to those that use a free anti virus (and to those that use a commercial one) to try Avast. It is excellent, I use it always for many years without problems.

Last edited by husserlTW; April 25, 2011 at 06:57 AM.