Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emergent Factions Playable

Default Re: Emergent Factions Playable

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Emerson View Post
    Thanks a lot for that! I can't wait to start a campaign as them!
    its no problem

@ahmed,

with the fog of war, do you mean not being able to see all of your home province, or is it showing you all provinces, conquered or unconquered?

well, if it is the first one, you can, although if you dont have any units/agents about, you cant see anything, nor select anything directly, only through the list tabs on the ui

if its the second one, it is a bug

The Cap

triarri's Avatar Civis

Hey cap, are you going to try and make oldenburg and the other left out factions playable?

Quote Originally Posted by triarri View Post
    Hey cap, are you going to try and make oldenburg and the other left out factions playable?
    hello,

i would but they are impossible to make playable. although they have been mostly completed inside the dbtable, recruitable unts etc, they do not have any presence inside the startpos, so they can only work in custom battles, as that is dictated by the dbtables.

obviously you can make them theoretically playable by emerging a similar nation, and changing the flags and name etc, but then it is out of the realms of a startpos mod and into a whole submod and .pack files, as you'd need a custom startpos, custom dmuc_core, and a custom localisation.loc

The Cap

Hi Captain Jack,

I extracted the USA startpot into the DMUC_Umain folder. It didn't seem to work. I searched this thread and saw if I change the tpy in the launcher things stop working. Is that true? How can we play 4tpy DMUC Ultimate Campaign with an emergent faction starting 1700? I know your other mod has all the typ's as separate downloads, but not this one.

Still thanks for all the stuff you're contributing!

EDIT: NVM IT worked!! I was probably stupid and named your startpos the esf.bak and kept the original... so dumb lol. Thank you!
    Last edited by GondorCaptain; July 31, 2011 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GondorCaptain View Post
    Hi Captain Jack,

I extracted the USA startpot into the DMUC_Umain folder. It didn't seem to work. I searched this thread and saw if I change the tpy in the launcher things stop working. Is that true? How can we play 4tpy DMUC Ultimate Campaign with an emergent faction starting 1700? I know your other mod has all the typ's as separate downloads, but not this one.
    !
    hello,
    somwehere in the empire forums there is a tool that automatically does it, i think its called something like 'empire turns per year editor' its very easy and you can set the year to whatever you want.

i would put up more variations put i will run out of download spaces

and yes, changing the turns per year in the launcher swaps in a standard dmuc startpos but with the obvious year changes

Cheers

The Cap
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; July 31, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Just wondering do you have Hesse-Kassel Playable? And if you don't yet or if you do is it possible to edit their stats to become more elite but their recruitment and upkeep cost more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Claremorris View Post
    The maxim is "Divide and Conquer" not "Piss everybody off so they all unite against you."

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

they were playable, but unfortunately were overthrown by the United Provinces with everybody put to death

If the Cap has not got one (I'm amazed), if you need help with units and stats let me know, I have a fair few Hessians (I may even let some out of the Dungeons in Amsterdam)
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

hello people,

no need to be amazed, hessen are playable. however they are playable in my monster startpos mod (click on the 'minor factions mod page' link in my below bit

well it would be possible to edit their stats although they will be in the db tables, not in the startpos. and cant ask for anyone better than hammered looking after you there

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    they were playable, but unfortunately were overthrown by the United Provinces with everybody put to death

If the Cap has not got one (I'm amazed), if you need help with units and stats let me know, I have a fair few Hessians (I may even let some out of the Dungeons in Amsterdam)
    Thank you for linking me here.

And yes I would like some help with the units, I just can't seem to get it working with DBEditor. Plus I'll need some help on the American Units also.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    hello people,

no need to be amazed, hessen are playable. however they are playable in my monster startpos mod (click on the 'minor factions mod page' link in my below bit

well it would be possible to edit their stats although they will be in the db tables, not in the startpos. and cant ask for anyone better than hammered looking after you there

The Cap
    Thank you. I found it in the link in your siggy as you said.
    Last edited by Impsoft; August 02, 2011 at 04:47 AM.
    The maxim is "Divide and Conquer" not "Piss everybody off so they all unite against you."

let me know what units you want changed?, I assume you play DMUC?
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

let me know what units you want changed?, I assume you play DMUC?
    Yes I use the 6.2 and 6.95.

What I want to do is make all the Hessian Units better for all stats but they have ahigher upkeep cost and recuritment cost. And edit the the all the United States speical units. The ones I can think of is U.S Legion, U.S Marines, Republican Gaurds, 1st Maryland, 1st Delaware, 2nd New York 2nd Continental Light Dragoons, Lee's Legion, Pulaski's Legion. If there are any others please tell me.

ok what I propose is I will make a modified pack file called impsofthessian and will make the tweaks in that pack- I will add the units and a few extras that should make you happy

ok what I propose is I will make a modified pack file called impsofthessian and will make the tweaks in that pack- I will add the units and a few extras that should make you happy

Wow! Thanks heaps!

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this, Captain Jack, and you, SeanyC11 for the Ireland Startpos. I am having the BEST Ireland Campaign right now. It's taken a long time, but I've finally wiped the English off the map of Europe!

Btw, do you know how to take screenshots? I forgot how.

This is strange. I'm playing the Quebec startpos with the Causa Belli Difficulty enhancer and I've lost the option to build churches. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

I've tried playing without the difficulty enhancer and I'm getting the same problem so I guess it's the startpos.
    Last edited by Tarm666; September 10, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Hey Cap., are there plans for adding Brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by p.s.y.c.h.o View Post
    Hey Cap., are there plans for adding Brazil?
    hello,

as there isnt any of brazil present on the map, and brazil isnt a faction contained within the startpos im afraid that the answer is no.

it is however possible by renaming and modding in brazilian flags for say Mexico or coloumbia to have Brazil as a faction and then edit the startpos to give them a province somewhere

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm666 View Post
    This is strange. I'm playing the Quebec startpos with the Causa Belli Difficulty enhancer and I've lost the option to build churches. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

I've tried playing without the difficulty enhancer and I'm getting the same problem so I guess it's the startpos.
    I'm playing as Mexico now and they can't build churches either. Cap, did you remove the religious building tree for cities? Is anybody else having the same problem? I've tried using the mexico startpos and playing as Britain and they are able to build churches.

I'm loving being able to play these emergent factions but having no control over the religious goings on in my provinces is a bit of a problem.
    Last edited by Tarm666; September 13, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

hello tarm,

sorry i missed your first post on the subject so i apologise for the answer being late. in brief, i didnt do anything to the religious building tree, however, because i myself have experienced this problem, i went ahunting in the dbfiles and it would appear a number of the emergent factions do not have religious buildings assigned to them in one of the tables (something like 'building_faction_cultural_tables' or something like that). in therory it should be very easy with the dbeditor to simply add in the required rows yourself, but i havent tried it myself i cant say wheter it will work or not. (also it would be wise to bear in mind that this table is in one of the vannila .pack files, so id reccommend that once the dbeditor has told you which one, immediately backup that .pack if you attempt to do this)

if you do have a go, please tell me of the results

cheers

The Cap

Thanks for the heads up Cap. This turned out to be very easy to solve.

I went into building_faction_variants_table and simply added the three catholic building (I copied the ones from spain) for Mexico. Seemed to work a treat although I haven't completely tested it yet. Cheers