Page 1 of 442 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Development Forums: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1894

"I warned him. I pleaded to him. I told him that this was not the right path. He insisted that he return to his younger days. A foolish choice, for even a Kokiri knows that all things must either grow... or die.
    "

Hyrule: Total War is a conversion for Medieval 2: Total War. A vast majority of the iconic races from the Zelda universe have been represented as armies that the player can assemble, command, and ultimately use to destroy their enemies. The Hero of Time has chosen to return to the past, a choice that ultimately has ruined the charts of history and sent Hyrule into chaos. Major wars that were already decided have unmade themselves, allowing fallen armies a second chance at these critical events in Hyrule's history. This is where you, the player, comes in. You shall choose how to rewrite the history of Hyrule. Do you stick with the proper path and smite the evil in the land in the name of the Goddesses? Or perhaps you feel that the Hylians have overstayed their welcome as masters of the land and would rather the Gerudo forces of Ganondorf lead Hyrule into a new age leadership? Maybe you feel it's time that the Gorons march from their mountain kingdoms and rebuild their long lost empire, smashing anyone who opposes their will? On the other hand, you might fall in favor of fighting for the Zora Dominion and cleansing the land of imperfect creatures and establishing a new order of purity. Perhaps the forces of nature have won you over, and you would see to it that the Kokiri and beings of the forest rise to power? Or maybe you would act against nature, and infest and consume all life as the infestation of Gohma... There are many races to choose from, and many possible outcomes to your actions. Hyrule's fate is now in your hands. Will you lead it to a golden age of peace, or dominate it in your name?
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; February 20, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Hyrule - Total War anyone?

forget modding without kingdoms

itīs like starting a mod for M1 TW at now

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    forget modding without kingdoms

itīs like starting a mod for M1 TW at now
    Actually i would disagree with you. I know for sure that modeling units doesnt need to have medieval. If a guy sends you a skeleton then you can rig your model on that and send it to someone to put it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by meliritos View Post
    Actually i would disagree with you. I know for sure that modeling units doesnt need to have medieval. If a guy sends you a skeleton then you can rig your model on that and send it to someone to put it into the game.
    I am you are right but wrong right because it certainly can be done how you say, wrong because it is a horrible a totally undisciplined (doomed for failure) greatly reduces testing therefore greatly reduces the possibility of a quality mod I am sorry but to adequately & successfully mod the game you should really have it! any way I could be wrong but I think it is Illegal to mod for any other purpose than personal (once the mod is completed from a certified copy you bought then you can release it for public pleasure but not for any profit)

what do ya speaking of? i mean, its stupid do to a mod for M2 and not for Kingdoms. M2 Modding without Kingdoms is horrible and make no sense, for nobody, nor for modder or user.

Patrician Artifex

I suppose I could just get the Kingdoms expansion pack then

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I suppose I could just get the Kingdoms expansion pack then
    there you go! good luck!
    druvatar

Patrician Artifex

I purchased the Kingdoms Expansion, should arrive in a few short days. In the meantime I decided to to start on banners and flags using B. Ward's very awesome templates.

Faction info:

Kingdom of Hyrule - Composed of the ancient and "noble" Hylian race, the Kingdom of Hyrule is the dominant faction of the known world. They are a prideful people and see themselves as the closest beings to the Goddesses. This belief has made the Hylians seem arrogant and aloof, and they are universally looked down on by the other factions. In game they are the "well rounded faction," sporting balance in everything from infantry, archers, cavalry, and seige weapons.

Gerudo - At one time the Gerudo ruled a vast empire until their homeland was shaken by a series of devastating natural events to the point where it became a barren desert wasteland. Much to their misfortune, males among their race began to dwindle in number, and as of now only one male Gerudo exists whom serves as their emperor. They have a focused hatred of the Hylians, who have denied them access to the bountiful resources of Hyrule that could help restore their dying race. In game the Gerudo excel at archery and cavalry, having adapted to their desert homeland the need for mobility and hunting down prey from a distance. This focus on speed leaves their infantry lacking in durability however.

Gorons - The Gorons are an exotic race of creatures who's skin is composed of mostly rock and other minerals. They are a tribal society that dwells among the mountain ranges of northeastern Hyrule and have at large avoided political events outside of their territory. In the distant past the Gorons and Zoras engaged in several bloody wars, and while the Gorons have largely moved on from those dark ages they stil are wary of the Zora. In game the Gorons are a slow but sturdy race and have access to powerful siege weapons and durable infantry. They have poor cavalry though and almost no archers.

Zora - The Zora are a race of aquatic beings who resemble a cross between Hylians and fish. They are a very prideful race and believe themselves superior to all others. In the past they once engaged in several wars with the Gorons, whom they have yet to let go of their hatred for. In game the Zora sport a highly disciplined army. They have superior infantry and better moral then the other factions. They don't particularity excel in archery and sieging though.

Kokiri - In the distant past the Kokiri's ancestors were a rebel faction of Hylians that wandered too deep into the Kokiri Forest and became lost in time. After several thousand years they have evolved into a race of animal-plant hybrid beings and have developed an affinity for many of the forest's indigenous inhabitants. They prefer to remain secluded, but recent advances of Gohma swarms have forced them to assemble an army. In game the Kokiri are composed of an alliance of several races, and prefer to assemble in large numbers and loose mobs. They have excellent archers and siege equipment, but their diminutive forms makes them poor candidates for infantry and they tend to have worse morale compared to the other factions.

Gohma - A race of arachnid creatures that dwell in every dark nook of Hyrule, the Gohma have recently organized their hives into giant swarms and are preparing to blight the land and corrupt it for their own use. They have their sights on the Kokiri Forest in particular, which they think will make an ideal central point from which to expand. In game the Gohma prefer huge swarms of tiny units. Their speed makes them ideal in cavalry and charges, but their diminutive size makes them poor in the other areas of warfare. Their quantity vs quality method of engagement makes breaking the enemy's morale a more important tactic on their part.

I'm not sure if I'll add any more playable factions, I do have some Ideas for NPC ones though. Let me know what you guys all think and if this seems like an ideal base for a total conversion.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Will Ganondorf/Ganon be represented at all? Also, what period of time will the mod take place in?
    I love the faction symbols, by the way!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ♔keneticpest♔ View Post
    Will Ganondorf/Ganon be represented at all? Also, what period of time will the mod take place in?
    I love the faction symbols, by the way!
    I plan on Ganondorf maybe being a general for the Gerudo. Worst case scenario he'll just be the understood leader of the Gerudo. As far as a time period I figure I'd just make my own since every other Zelda game seems to be in their own little universe. I'd most likely base things in terms of looks off of Ocarina of Time however. I like that game too much compared to the new ones

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Whats the map going to look like? If you do use OOT, then I wonder how you will determine regions and the names of them and the cities, as there are I think around 8 settlements.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    Whats the map going to look like? If you do use OOT, then I wonder how you will determine regions and the names of them and the cities, as there are I think around 8 settlements.
    I'll probably base it on this map that I made a few years back:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ngNephalim.jpg

I'll have to expand on the world a bit because ecologically the land in OoT makes no sense. Where are all the farms that feed the people of Hyrule for instance. After I install Kingdoms I presume one of the first things I'll do after putting in the new banners is figuring out how to make the campaign map and I'll do that.

Melfice's Avatar Libertus

what other factions are you thinking of adding?
    and good luck with making this cause ive always wanted to play Hyrule on total war.
    also will Hyrule have the Iron-Clad Elite.
    Last edited by Melfice; January 30, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

A Mod base on zelda(OoT), Good Idea I love the Zelda Games and hopefully you keep the work up
    The moviemaker of the mods 1648 and Hyrule Total War
    My Video Gallery with Shogun 2 Machinimas

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    what other factions are you thinking of adding?
    and good luck with making this cause ive always wanted to play Hyrule on total war.
    also will Hyrule have the Iron-Clad Elite.
    Epic... I never thought I would have run into someone who read my comic on these forums. Indeed the Hylians will have Iron-Clad Elites.

As far as other factions I think I might include three as NPCs. The two nations of Lanayru and Ordon that were introduced in TP and the Stalfos. I made some symbols for them:

There's other factions I've considered, such as the Shiekah but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself before I begin modeling.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; January 30, 2011 at 04:18 PM.

Ive enjoyed reading your comics and ive been playing the game u made "Fallen Sage" and both have been enjoyable and epic.
    and i agree that u should keep the faction list small for now, u don't what to put the bar to high and over tax yourself.
    Last edited by Melfice; January 30, 2011 at 05:13 PM.

Sweet. This is the kind of mod that looks like it will be so fun to play. I like the expanded map too. You've earned yourself a fan. Good luck!

Patrician Artifex

I've not done anything really noteworthy yet, but after reading up on tutorials here I have successfully found out how to add in icons and banners and did so for the Hylians.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tomorrow I'll start modeling actual Hylian infantry and when that's done I'll read up on how to insert models. I guess I can say this mod has officially started. Let's hope it lasts.

Well let me wish you good luck with this mod (hopefully I will one day be able to conquer the Gerudo with my army of Iron-Clad Elites)

If memory serves me right wasn't Ordona & Lanayru Provence vassals to Hyrule.
    Last edited by Melfice; January 31, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I finished modeling the Kingdom of Hyrule's light infantry unit:

I tried inserting it into the game by replacing the Gothic Knights but everytime I do the game crashes at startup so.... gotta figure out what's going on there.