Thread: Napoleonic Total War: Dead Bodies

Default Napoleonic Total War: Dead Bodies

Hi
    Is it normal that there are almost no dead bodies to be seen in a battle in Napoleonic Total War?
    I installed it today and I like it much but its quite strange that i cant see no dead bodies in a battle.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War: Dead Bodies

indeed it is for the means to make battlefield carnage from user made sprites is complicated and quite time consuming,so I do believe the dev team opted out of this,as the overall grand strategy and gameplay is not affected,for it is merely visual

If you really want dead bodies to appear, you can use the existing deadpage files and coordinates from the vanilla game. It won't look great though.

Horstibus, "deadpage coords.txt" included in this mod is optimized for mp. In this case optimized means 98% of entries are correct. You need 2-3 hours of work to make it optimized for one of the sp campaigns and the same amount of time for testing. I've made something similar for Pike & Musket mod. NTW has it's own dead256.lbm file so the effect should be better than using vanilla bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Horstibus View Post
    Hi
    Is it normal that there are almost no dead bodies to be seen in a battle in Napoleonic Total War?
    I installed it today and I like it much but its quite strange that i cant see no dead bodies in a battle.
    The bodies stay there in all their glorious detail if you run the game on the highest graphic settings. At lower graphic settings it seems it's a graphics economy measure.

However that can be modded.