Thread: Reverting to 6.3 Guild System

Icon5 Reverting to 6.3 Guild System

Loving 6.4 so far, except for the new Guild system.
    I usually get a guild in a city, and the master version one turn later, which seems a bit too easy.

The guild-points spillover to other cities also seems too high, i get assassins guild offered over and over in one city with no inn, and not a single assassin ever built there.

So my questions are:
    Do other people have similar experiences? Am i doing something wrong/right?

Is there an easy way to revert to the 6.3 guild-point-system, without heavy modding of multiple files that may affect balancing in other aspects of the game?
    Last edited by Geo; January 25, 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Laetus

Default Re: Reverting to 6.3 Guild System

I kind of have the opposite problem. I've recruited a ton of priests in one of my cities and have a theologians guild but even after making a lot of priests I haven't been offered a master yet. Hrm...but maybe building the cathedral will do the trick. I've also waited a while for the merchants guild to be offered at Cordoba. Do you know a way to check and see how many points you need for the guilds?

There is no such way if you meant "check and see how many points you HAVE for the guilds". To check how many you need to get each level of guild, look in the export_descr_guilds.txt file.

Put a governor with 6 or more Piety in the settlement and it will gain 5 points per turn for the Theologians' Guild.

Ok, that's weird. I remembered that he had to have more than 4 Piety (not 6) and he'd give 5 points per turn, but now it says this:

Trigger 0072_Governors_Religion
    WhenToTest SettlementTurnStart

Condition GovernorAttribute Piety > 5

Guild theologians_guild s 25

25 points??? At that rate you'll have the HQ in no time. Strange.
    Last edited by k/t; January 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM.

Icon5 Re: Reverting to 6.3 Guild System

Well, i extracted the 6.3 export_descr_guilds.txt-file.
    I assume i will break things by just copying it over the 6.4 version?!

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Probably. The Order guilds aren't guilds anymore, they're regular buildings. It might cause something bad to happen when it tries to give you one and can't find it. You can use winmerge to compare files and manually make the changes. (ignoring the order guilds)

Icon4 Re: Reverting to 6.3 Guild System

Quote Originally Posted by Woozy View Post
    Do you know a way to check and see how many points you need for the guilds?
    I tried that once a year ago by more or less blindly scanning the memory for what i assumed were the current guildpoints in a settlement.

Problems were:
    I don't know what the points are at the beginning of a game, i assumed 0 (zero), but if a city already has, say, a church in it, it might be that the points for that building are already allocated, so i'd have to start scanning for 10 points.

Also, you have to have a very accurate knowledge of all the ways the game adds or subtracts points.
    I'm not so versed in the gamefiles, that i have all that information available.
    Normalization and spillover points from other settlements especially make it difficult to assess exactly how many points are rewarded each turn.

I fiddled around with it for 30 minutes or so and got bored ^^
    Last edited by Geo; January 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling,grammar

Laetus

What the...this is weird. My export_descr_guilds.txt file is different from k/t's. Maybe I didn't install 6.4 correctly!? oh noes.

Trigger Theologians_Governor_Attribute_Piety
    WhenToTest SettlementTurnStart

Condition GovernorAttribute Piety > 5

Guild theologians_guild s 10

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I tried that once a year ago by more or less blindly scanning the memory for what i assumed were the current guildpoints in a settlement.

Problems were:
    I don't know what the points are at the beginning of a game, i assumed 0 (zero), but if a city already has, say, a church in it, it might be that the points for that building are already allocated, so i'd have to start scanning for 10 points.

Also, you have to have a very accurate knowledge of all the ways the game adds or subtracts points.
    I'm not so versed in the gamefiles, that i have all that information available.
    Normalization and spillover points from other settlements especially make it difficult to assess exactly how many points are rewarded each turn.

I fiddled around with it for 30 minutes or so and got bored ^^
    Everything starts at Zero.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377884
    This thread shows how points are granted, and how the vanish as well over time.

I play RR/RC, so there might be some differences. Still, I don't know why it's 25 for me. It's way too much.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    Everything starts at Zero.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377884
    This thread shows how points are granted, and how the vanish as well over time.

In SS all that has been changed