Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Info Org] Faction Descriptions Work Thread

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Faction Descriptions

Codix perhaps you should change the thread name to faction descriptions work thread.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

ok i will um how do I do that ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Edit your first post and it should give you the option.

SV will see that, just him is able I think...I had modified the name of my thread, but I'm not authorized for the other member's threads...

I'm liking the dark age descriptions so I just might finish off the Iberian peninsula with Asturias and Navarre.

Do it

Bruce the Silver-Tongued's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    I'm liking the dark age descriptions so I just might finish off the Iberian peninsula with Asturias and Navarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by codix105 View Post
    Do it
    My thoughts exactly!

Do it!

(no pressure, of course )

...Does anyone know any reliable resources for Great Moravia? Hybrid Slav/Germanic culture...
    Last edited by Bruce the Silver-Tongued; January 27, 2011 at 08:17 PM.

Default Re: Faction Descriptions Work Thread

Moravia was a Slavic nation ruled by Rastslav but they owed fealty to the Franks in the west. Both the catholic and Orthodox churches were trying to convert them and Rostislav supported the orthodox at first to oust the Franks. Cyril and Methodius were byzantine missionaries sent to convert them and invented old church slovanic so as to teach them the gospels. However Rostislav's nephew Svatopluck backed by the Franks overthrew him and favored catholicism. This did however lay the ground work for the disciples of Cyril and Methodius after being expelled from moravia to be invited by Boris khan of bulgaria and convert his people.

Asturias is done and in the completed section.

is the work still being done here ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?

Sure just post your wip's and hopefully people can suggest things.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

oh k cool

Kingdom of Pamplona WIP (Nafarroako Erresuma)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My king, your lands have known much warfare. Your grandfather Eneko Aritza along with his half brother Musa ibn Musa leader of the Banu Qasi fought against both Franks and Moors to secure a place for his people. But the relationship between us has been very complicated.
    After a joint rebellion against the Emir of Cordoba by your Father Garcia and Musa ibn Musa failed in 843, the Banu Qasi looked to strengthen their ties to Cordoba and we were forced to look to Asturias as allies. The Banu Qasi then allowed raiders from the frozen lands of the north to raid Pamplona and then attacked us thinking we were weakened. With our new allies in Asturias we crushed their forces and drove them away. But the Moors then came against us in force and made you a prisoner for 20 years. However ties were made with them again when they rebelled against Cordoba.
    Eight years ago you were released from captivity and when your father fell in battle against the Emir of Cordoba six years ago you became our king. The Muslims of Cordoba are ever your enemy and must never be trusted. Look to Asturias for aid, look to your people. Though the Banu Qasi have wronged your family in the past they may yet prove to be useful in our quest to rid these lands of invaders for good.

Questions and suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by Ixor_Drakar; January 31, 2011 at 02:33 AM.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

High era 1212 (Turkish Sultanate of Rum)

To my great father and Sultan Kaykaus:
    We Seljuqs have seen better days, since the death of Malik-Shah I the once mighty great Seljuq empire has fallen into bits and pieces, though we managed to preserve a sound foothold here in Anatolia, in a mere 30 years this is all we have left of what was the mightiest empire known to man.

However, our fortunes have turned, our greatest enemies are now weakened, the Byzantiums have been betrayed by their Catholic "allies" who now holds Constaninople, this a fortunate turn of event and now the way west is open once more, the Latin Crusaders in Outremer have been mostly defeated, while the Ayyubids now fracture into civil war.

Our most immediate foe is the Armenians to our south, their King Leo is an ambitious man, and now they are a true kingdom, they would be a major threat to our goals.

The damn Khwarezmids that stolen most of our former realm is now busy reenforcing their gains, which further opens a chance for us to expand, we should hurry, less the situation in Constaninople changes and one of the Latins or Greeks regain stability, or the Khwarezmids prepare to move west. surely the later is the greater threat, for now they have a mighty empire spanning all of Persia and more, we could only hope that some scourge of allah strike down upon those blasted dogs!

Your son Kayqubad
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

1080AD Comtat de Barcelona

Almost a century has passed since Al-Mansur raided, sacked and burned Barcelona. We didn’t receive any help from the Franks in those desperate times and my ancestor Borrell II was forced to break the last ties we had with the Frankish Kingdom.

Almost a century has passed and against all odds here we stand.

The surrounding Muslim states are weak, divided and many even pay tributes to keep us at bay. Since count Guifré I started to break away from Frankish rule 200 years ago but we have built an increasingly strong maritime power that is already being felt in the Western Mediterranean and the tributes we receive have brought the first wave of prosperity.

I am Ramon Berenguer II, count of Barcelona, and I intend to expand Catalan maritime power, subdue our Moorish neighbours and always look north for possible expansion. Will I succeed? That is only in God’s hands now.
    --------------Arengada--------------

nice guys keep it up

Im not the best at writing faction descriptions but if anyone would like to help I am looking for Darkage Campaign descriptions for my submod. Credit will be given.

The factions are Denmark, England/Saxons and possibly France/West Franks? I have already used Bruce's excellent Scotland faction description.

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

West Franks?
    potentially I can help.

It would be great if you could mate Obviously this would be useful for 4.0 too.

I dont know if its any help but the West Franks are pretty untouched by the submod, there is a Rollo invasion event and Brythonic units available through law and order buildings in Brittany.

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

i'm glad...
    just don't expect one entire description, incidentally, I can suggest some important internal themes of the west Francie, give to you the proper names of your guys in old french...and some other details.

When start exactly your submod?

"Brythonic units available through law and order buildings in Brittany"
    nice, will you try to get the true celtic fashion light cavalry?
    I had see them in one historical book, they had javelins, scale armor, big round shields...well sure, they looked as the warriors of their times!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast