Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Info Org] Faction Descriptions Work Thread

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Faction Descriptions

Moors 1212:

To the great Khalifa Al-Nasir

Our realm is now great, greater than that of the Almoravids, we have succeeded where they failed, Ifriqiya is now ours, and I, as your humble servant, shall guard it well. The Normans shall not set foot on this land again, and those damn Banu Ghaniya, clinging to the false hope of restoring the Almoravids, shall go no where, already they run like desert rats.

But now your attention must turn once again to Andalusia, you father defeated those Castilians more than a dozen years ago, but what does now kill you make you strong, and that foolish Alfonso surely learned his lesson from that defeat, if not from age.

However, we shall triump! with the mighty Berber coalition on our side, now bolstered by new arriving Arabs and even some Turks, we are a mighty host not seen in this part of the world since the days of Rome. and with the wealth of Andalusia, no one shall defeat us! as long as we don't defeat ourself...

Now go my lord, lead our men to glorious triump in the name of allah!

You humble vizier and guardian of Ifriqiya
    Abu Mohammed ben Abi Hafs
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

good these are progressing very well, and I feel that this is a fairly important thing for this mod to have, I will hopefully be able to contribute one in a little bit.

"insanely difficult"
    I want to see that...
    for the Early Era french campaign you could speak of:

His mother is Anne of Kiev, ruthenian princess, as the name said.
    The name:
    "Philippe" wasn't gived for a prince/king in Europa before him, its an heritage of his orthodox ancestors, certainly.

Philippe Ier was crowned and sacred when his father was living.
    Defeat in Cassel against Robert The Frison(from north Netherland), Count of Flanders, in 1071
    But in 1077, the Vexin is token upon William with the city of...Gisors, where I'm living.
    He had try to provoke rebellion in the William's french holdings/fiefs.
    Excommunicated during 10 years caused by the repudiation of his first women(to get married to another wife^^), so no crusade for him. He had stealed Bertrade of Montfort, the women of his vassal, the Count of Anjou... Bad king! But its in 1095 at the Council of Clermont presided by Urbain II(the french pope, initiator of the first Crusade)
    Also he had as custom/common way to sale the ecclesiastic titles(abbey/bishops)
    Just to give a fast portrait of this sad lord...

(I don't know all the kings from all earth, But I can said : some French Kings was absolutly scrupulousness. Philippe Ier was really bad...but the most great artist in this matter will be of course : Philippe IV the Beautifull, destroyer of the Templars, Jewishs. More one living statue, less compassions, than a true pupil of the CHRIST-KING. And France had paid to have bad kings while the Hundred Years War...
    But that will be for the 1311 Late ERA.

influence of the Bologna's studient jurists about Provence, and some generally about the France, Champagne, Bourgogne, Cataluna(Aragon),Comté de Toulouse, Duché d'Aquitaine.
    Very important point, the italian jurists had very helped the French Crown in many fighting against the feodal Customs. This Customs don't disappear, but its more and more easy for the French King to applic his decisions. He started to have a lot of french Clerical-jurists, influenced by the jurists from Bologna.
    More more cities had now one Chart's rights, the burgers have now the Kings as protectors against the power of the bishops and their direct Lords. This new rights was in many cities at North of the Loire(river) to the Artois(side of Flanders)
    Golden Era for the Roman Art in France
    Cataluna and Navarra, Provence, Aquitaine, Comté de Toulouse, Bretagne aren't under his direct control...of course.
    The Frenchs also should have an hard Campaign, against England, Hre, Anjou. French have a great potiental power, but the way is very tortous...

The "narrator" could be simply Urbain II, as pontifical legat of the dead pope(call him "Eudes de Châtillon", its the true civil name of Urban II), he had exchanged some letters with Philippe Ier.
    Just remember that in 1080, Philippe Ier wasn't one of the worth christian kings. That is for more later, the player should be master how Philippe will be in Campaign, maybe really better, or totally mad(I will choose that I think)^^

Philippe, par la grâce de Dieu, Roi de France. PHILIPPES, DEO GRATIAS, REX FRANCIA
    Monjoie!(war crying)

And a lot of others little things, but that is very good I think...
    Thanks Drtad
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2011 at 04:35 AM.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Amiraa al-Umayyah 888 dark age WIP
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    More than a century ago most of the known world was under Umayyad rule. Misfortune came in the form of the Abbasids who, after defeating the Umayyad army at the battle of the Zab, sought out and exterminated every member of the royal family. Only Abd ar-Rahman survived, fleeing from Damascus he arrived in al-Andalus after 6 years in exile. He was greeted by the local chieftains and people, who had thought the prince dead, with admiration. After defeating his enemies there he named himself Amir of Cordova and the Umayyad were born anew.

Now al-Andalus is ruled by Amir Abdu'llah ibn Muhammad al-Umawi. Though it is rumored he assassinated his elder brother none can be sure. His lands are wrought with bandits and rebels including Umar ibn Hafsun who has been a thorn in the side of the Umayyad for many years. The lords are exercising independence from this new Amir who seems to be a weakling. With the christian kingdoms of Asturias and the Basques to the north looking to reclaim their lands Abdu'llah must quickly defeat his internal enemies and rally the lords of al-Andalus. From the magnificent city of Cordova the Umayyad have rekindled the flame. Will you be the one to let if flicker or burn brighter than ever?
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Bruce the Silver-Tongued's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by codix105 View Post
    I have finished the Byzantines I want to do the Crusaders and England if that would be okay just asking
    Since I am working on something related at the moment, I thought I would contribute to this effort.

This will be subject to the changes SV is implementing in 4.0. It is based on what has been revealed so far for the new Gaelic/Pictish campaign, and what the Scottish campaign in the past was like.

Sputnik would have to edit this for it to cover the changes he introduced with his submod, but this should fairly reflect the standard Chiv 2 DA faction without any changes.

Rìoghachd na h-Alba
    888 Dark Age
    (Campaign of the Kingdom of Alba)

Rí Fortrenn & Rí Alban, Dòmhnall mac Ailpein (Or other faction leader), indeed it seems that little time has passed since your coronation on An Liath Fàil, our coronation Stone at Scone, but see how our people are surrounded by the devastation of wars!

To the West, the coast land and isles of our once-strong Kingdom of Dál Riata have been ravaged by the heathen Northmen, and reduced to naught better than ash. Our people too, would have been eradicated, had your ancestors not shown wisdom and led us to union with the Picts of the Highlands. What leaderless peoples remain there must be reincorporated under the leadership of our House by force.

To the South, the utter devastation visited by the Northmen on the Kingdom of Strathclyde and the Kingdom of Northumbria have left Lothian and the Lowlands in chaos. The entire region is but a shadow of its former self, but, though the settlements may have been reduced, the soil is much more conducive to farming than our own. With such potential being wasted by the disorganized Gall-Gaidel and Angles who inhabit that region, it is only a matter of time before some other power moves in - we must move swiftly if we are to take advantage of this opportunity!

Though our resolute fortress in Fortriu may seem fast at the moment, we know from experience that the raids of the heathen Danes may reach even our most inland strongholds. This cruel lesson is evidenced by the expansive Danelaw to our South, covering the entire midland region of this island. If our people are to have hope to survive future raids and wars with the destructive Northmen, or our old foes, the Angles and Saxons, we must move swiftly to secure the power-centers nearest our homeland. We must assert a strong royal authority, from Fortriu, over these lands, and incorporate their peoples into our traditions and practices.

If we should be successful in that endeavor, our Rí ought to consider incorporating the Gaelic power-centers of Ireland into our Kingdom, or those of the Welsh to our South, especially before entering contest with the Danes over the control of Britain.

Act swiftly to secure a future for our peoples! May our Kingdom extend over all the peoples of Albion and have them proclaim you Ard-Rí na Albion! High King of Albion!
    Last edited by Bruce the Silver-Tongued; January 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce the Silver-Tongued View Post
    This will be subject to the changes SV is implementing in 4.0. It is based on what has been revealed so far for the new Gaelic/Pictish campaign, and what the Scottish campaign in the past was like.
    On that note, I believe the settlement's names are changed. I couldn't find the post where this was stated, but I assumed that Fortriu would be the Pictish capital (instead of Inverness).

EDIT: Thanks Sputnik. It doesn't seem to conflict with anything in the faction description, so I guess that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    These are the Scottish provinces:

{Inverness_Province}Fortriu
    {Inverness}Inbhir Nis
    {Strathclyde_Province}Dál Riada
    {Dumbarton}Dún Add
    {Edinburgh_Province}Lodainn
    {Edinburgh}Dùn Èideann
    Hope this will help get the new Dark Age Scottish faction description started. Suggestions or whatnot is welcome.
    Last edited by Bruce the Silver-Tongued; January 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Sputnik found the DA Scots City re-names

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

888AD Comitatus Barcelona

Ever since the Carolingians conquered Barcelona in 801AD we have always been loyal and true to the empire, our counts have always been appointed directly by the emperor and we have guarded its southern frontier with honour and determination.

Today the Carolingian Empire is divided and their rulers neglect and ignore us, we no longer attend their meetings and we have been left to deal with the threat of the Emirate of Córdoba on our own.
    We live in a small piece of land surrounded by great powers and it is up to us alone whether we will survive or be forgotten in the sands of time.

I am Guifré, count of Barcelona, and I will be the last count to be appointed by a Carolingian emperor. I will rule my own land according to its own needs and my descendants won’t answer to others once I am gone.
    --------------Arengada--------------

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album...ictureid=48785

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album...ictureid=48784

Potiential good pics for the Renaissance Menu, faction Portugal, in this links they are some bad, but excellent in BMP/PNG.

If someone would make the presentation pic with one of these pics, I upload the choosen pic, and he keep that in TGA, and he will give the result to SV, for integration in Menu, more later.

Just said me the first or the second link, Its long to upload 10 pics with PNG/BMP

Thanks in advance guys, I could do that more later if nobody would, but its a sympathic easy work^^
    If you look well the pics, some parts aren't usefull as good...The warriors need to be in order, not weapons in the head of his camarad...

Well I thinks its possible to imite the style of the PedroL's pics about portugueses, so far...And its better if its possible to see the banner, more explicit for vision.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2011 at 07:49 AM.

I think the first one is good just cut out the top and bottom of it.
    EDIT: Like this
    Last edited by Ixor_Drakar; January 25, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

That's excellent Bruce very well written.

Plenty mention of the 'Northmen' which I think is most important for this period.

I believe the settlement's names are changed. I couldn't find the post where this was stated, but I assumed that Fortriu would be the Pictish capital (instead of Inverness)
    You are correct, this post is here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=145600&page=7

I'm not sure what SV's plans for the other regions are but I am hoping that he might consider having more viking influence in the North and adding the regions I have made available in my submod. If so then it would be a good idea to mention the Kingdom of Strathclyde and the Britons.

Can I use your text for the submod

Humm, not finally, I think the left part of the second pics would be better,
    with knights at back, and , just the extreme right isn't usefull, because collision beetween two Aventuros,
    Really better at end, more movement. I would that look like this(in the global feel: the Aventuros who walk hardly in the medina: Page 3, post 51, first pic(who get away the civils! he look mad)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=411271&page=3

and the matter to work, thanks to you Ixor, and hope you like too the other:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KX78U6Q9
    The first isn't working, mistake of vision from me , just I like shoot when the General die... but its hard to all prevent, position of enemy chief, the guys who could kill him, very empiric.
    I upload him to megaupload, in TGA, You will see difference with the TWC resizing...
    Have you DXTBmp? If not, take that mate, by this you could open any texture file^^
    Its free, absolutly usefull.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...s/DXTBmp.shtml
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Before I noticed the knight clipping.

After

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    Thanks Drtad
    Here's an Early Era description I wrote, is it ok?

The Early Era: 1080

Bonjour, Roi.

France is now recovering from the poor state it was in following the reign of Henry I Capet. During that time, our borders shrunk to an all time low. That was no way to run a kingdom! In 1060, the solo reign of Philippe I, Henry’s son, began. Philippe was an unorthodox name for a Western European monarch and is probably due to the fact that his mother is Anne of Kiev and of Eastern European origin.

Philippe fought a series of wars during the 1070s, losing to the Frisians but succeeding in his defense of Brittany from William the Conqueror. Following his defeat against the Frisians, Philippe married the step-daughter of the Count of Frisia, Bertha. Things may seem fine now, but Philippe is noted for his lack of scruples, and in fact was excommunicated when he married the wife of his vassal, the Count of Anjou, after he deemed his current wife Bertha “too fat.”

The main threats to the stability of France are ambitious and disloyal vassals who would like nothing better than to usurp the throne. England has been halted for now but they eye your lands as well. You must pay attention to what goes on in the Iberian Peninsula; If the armies of Islam overrun the Christian kingdoms to the south, you may be in for a large conflict. At the same time, the Holy Roman Empire has recently ended a civil war and is prepared to increase its holdings. Be careful, my lord.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    That's excellent Bruce very well written.

I'm not sure what SV's plans for the other regions are but I am hoping that he might consider having more viking influence in the North and adding the regions I have made available in my submod. If so then it would be a good idea to mention the Kingdom of Strathclyde and the Britons.

Can I use your text for the submod
    Thanks, I appreciate it . Sure you can use it for the sub-mod. I think you might have to alter it a bit, to include the new regions.

To Ixor : perfect guy!
    I don't had noticied that!

"wife Bertha “too fat.” "^^ something in the style

just precision mate:

"Bonjour, Roi."

"Bonjour Philippe"(they have a letter relation)... Legats/archbishop have a very high rank in Europa...
    Urbain II et Philippe was speaking as two pigs about the Ecclesia's scandals between us...

"Count of Frisia", "Frisons" , no, just inhabitants of Flanders. Frisons are very persons, they are specifics. Inhabitants of Flanders speak another linguage.
    "The Frison" was certainly as on surname because he have the County of Frise..., but Robert is very famous as Count of Flanders who had won against one French King

And that would be perfect, thanks to all guys, details are very importants in-game.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

After I had remade some 13eme burgers/peasant levies, and with my kite and them of SV, we would be able to make more presentation pics...For now its limited to the very new and representative units....
    The next: Reppubrica di Zena, with my pic from the Genoese Guard... Or wait, I will take Genoese nobles, burgers with crossbow. To on big family portrait..
    Well someone had some news of SV????
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2011 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    To Ixor : perfect guy!
    I don't had noticied that!

"wife Bertha “too fat.” "^^ something in the style

just precision mate:

"Bonjour, Roi."

"Bonjour Philippe"(they have a letter relation)... Legats/archbishop have a very high rank in Europa...
    Urbain II et Philippe was speaking as two pigs about the Ecclesia's scandals between us...

"Count of Frisia", "Frisons" , no, just inhabitants of Flanders. Frisons are very persons, they are specifics. Inhabitants of Flanders speak another linguage.
    "The Frison" was certainly as on surname because he have the County of Frise..., but Robert is very famous as Count of Flanders who had won against one French King.
    You're right! I got confused because Bertha was the daughter of a Count of Frisia, but Philippe lost the war to Robert of Flanders, who happened to be Frisian. I'll fix it.

I'm not sure I want to start out with "Bonjour Philippe" since I'm phrasing them like I am speaking to the player. My idea was just to say "Greetings, King/Prince/Lord". Maybe "Roi de France"?
    Last edited by Drtad; January 25, 2011 at 04:28 PM.

How about this one?

France is now recovering from the poor state it was in following the reign of Henry I Capet. During that time, our borders shrunk to an all time low. That was no way to run a kingdom! In 1060, the solo reign of Philippe I, Henry’s son, began. Philippe was an unorthodox name for a Western European monarch, and is probably due to the fact that his mother is Anne of Kiev and of Eastern European origin.

Philippe fought a series of wars during the 1070s, losing to the County of Flanders but succeeding in his defense of Brittany from William the Conqueror. Following his defeat against Flanders, Philippe married the stepdaughter of the Count of Frisia, Bertha. Things may seem fine now, but Philippe is noted for his lack of scruples, and in fact was excommunicated when he married the wife of his vassal, the Count of Anjou, after he deemed his current wife Bertha… slightly larger than he’d like.

The main threats to the stability of France are ambitious and disloyal vassals who would like nothing better than to usurp the throne. England has been halted for now but they eye your lands as well. You must pay attention to what goes on in the Iberian Peninsula; if the armies of Islam overrun the Christian kingdoms to the south, you may be in for a large conflict. At the same time, the Holy Roman Empire has recently ended a civil war and is prepared to increase its holdings. Be careful, my lord.

Wow, three pages already! Thank you all for the help

I think I really like the letter form

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Cool I wasnt sure when I started but I think its like that in BC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast