Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Info Org] Faction Descriptions Work Thread

Icon3 [Info Org] Faction Descriptions Work Thread

So I was starting yet another campaign this morning and I realized some of the factions had the original description from vanilla medieval 2 total war. For example the Byzantines they have a description that fits the early campaign but not the Late (Grand in SV) campaign the Byzantine Empire was weak very weak and the description does not say why. So then I looked around the Renaissance, the Turks have a description that refers to the Seljuk not the ottomans so there I was thinking maybe I could take a shot at it so I wrote these up. It just seems appropriate to me that the mod's faction should have a era correct description that way the player if they dont know why the Byzantines when they play as them or so week etc. and I think reading the descriptions is fun. So here they are I will do more if the team wants em

Basilea ton Romanion (Byzantines 1311 Grand Campaign)

Basileus Andronicus high vicar of christ and Emperor oh the Romans, I bring to you the news of the Empire

The Empire controls southern Thrace, Morea, and southern Macedonia. The Empire after losing its last foothold in Asia Minor has begun an even steadier decline the Catalans rule Attica and the Duchy of Athens as a feudal fief of Sicily the Bulgars and Serbians to the north can invade at will and the Turks at any time could cross the Bosphorus and Islam would have two outposts in Europe. The Empire should maintain there relations with the Serbians and Bulgarians to the North or they may very well be wiped from the face of the Earth. Yet another problem has arisen my Emporer the Italian States of Venice and Genoa will be major trouble. They are at the moment both our allies but relations may go for the worse and decline engulfing us in even more trouble. The Latin's in there fortress of Korinothos will be another problem should they decide to they may be able to overrun Mistra and the Morea making our holdings in the south oh Greece disappear all together. You in all should maintain good relations with the latins your Slav neighbors to the North and decide what Italian State you wish to go to war with and take back the Aegean do not attack the Turks until you are ready this is my advice and your monthly report.
    your servant,
    John Cantacuzenus
    Again I'll make more if you guys think my little project is worth it Codix105
    Last edited by codix105; January 23, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

Default Re: Faction Descriptions

"around the Renaissance, the Turks have a description that refers to the Seljuk not the ottomans "

I could easily take a good screen with the reworked Janissaries from BC as presentation pic(in menu), just for Renaissance Era. And potientally some turkmens in action for the Early/Medium/Late Eras.

"Again I'll make more if you guys think my little project is worth it Codix105 ", each thing after each thing, Bro, same Mozart had started with one sound.

This one aspect of the mod that has been neglected. Do you think you can get them all done for 4.0?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Yes I can actually id love too I just have one question would you like them like the one I made for the Byzantines in a letter format or Just something telling about the faction ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ill get to work ill then either send them as a text doc or post em as a post here and then you can just copy and paste it into the mod
    Last edited by codix105; January 23, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

SV heres another, hope it works ill do the rest of the crusader/ Byzantine tomorrow then Ill do the Muslim Factions and Armenia/ Georgia I think thats what its called

The Kingdom of Jerusalem (High Era)

My Lord King,
    We retain a foothold in Outremer. However Jerusalem has been lost and we are in heavy need of a new crusade. The Saracens attack on all fronts holding Jerusalem and making our lives a struggle. We hold the coast of the Holy land but in order to actually live up to ourselves we must regain Jerusalem at all costs. The Saracens and Armenians surround us. Christian Armenia would prove a very powerful ally and a wise choice as such. Our main advantage is our Temple and Hossipitaller Knights. Give them order houses in our cities and then we will have the power to regain Jerusalem. The Egyptian Sultan and our nation are at peace but our regions are war torn and will not prove very fruitful in order to have and money you will have to expand. The Isle of Cyprus would be a very good base of operations. Be warned the Saracen may very well want it for there own. From there Jerusalem take it and the rest of the holy land. After that whether you seek peace is up to you. After that head North and take anatolia.

your brother in christ,
    Guillaume de Chartres, Grand Maitre de l'ordre des Pauvres Chevaliers du Temple de Salomon
    Last edited by codix105; January 24, 2011 at 07:19 AM.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Good work, I would help if I could but I am working on others at the moment.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Great codix, just a suggestion
    Like :

Votre frère dans le Christ
    Guillaume de Chartres, Grand Maitre de l'ordre des Pauvres Chevaliers du Temple de Salomon

well, its modern french, but that could be accurate and immersive at place of the english^^
    just it changed "your servant" by "your brother in Christ", please care to this, the Grand Master was a very prestigious/important guy. Not a servant, really as...a very important friend and support for the Crusaders... The Grand Master have a rank who was equivalent of the Cardinal's Rank, but with specific power...

Its just a suggestion, personnally I like to don't understand for limited thing, like title or some little thing.

"Armenians surround us", cilicians and edessian christians was very the best support for the French and Occitan nobles, less the oriental christians, no Terra Sancta.

http://www.templiers.org/hierarchie.php

just the Templar's true fonctions, in modern french, if you want for ancillaries for exemple.
    If google translation isn't suffisant, I could explicit more the different fonctions. But I think the words are very transparents with english and latin.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 24, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Byzantines rennisance era 1401

Basileus Manuel by the grace of god emporer of the romans,

I your servant bring to you your seasonal report your efforts for an alliance with the Kings of the west have failed but brother despair not for they shall soon see reson. The turks after a earthquake qs you well know have crossed the bosphorus they are our biggest threat they control most of macedonia and thrace and parts of bulgaria. The italians ounce again control the Aegean nut they are more worried about the turks so we will most likely have a breather. A good place to start your re-conquest and the rise of the Empire ounce again would be Korinothos the latins are weak and will not put up much of a fight. From there build our economy and bring it from its cradle of ruins. This my Emperor is what our situation also make trade pacts and maintain good relations with our more powerful neighbors and do not strike until you are ready.
    your son,
    Constantine
    Last edited by codix105; January 24, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Oh and rus bey please ask sv first but the bc jannisarys sounds good

I think he will agree, no reason to keep this pic with non present units^^, vanilla janissaries rest on vanilla game. SV4.0 need the BC yeniceri.

I'm willing to do a few... we'll see how much time I have since college starts up again tomorrow. shoot.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Here's a Dark Age Armenia one... I can do the Armenian ones from the top of my head so I'll do those first.

Notes: Barev means “hello” , and Arkah is “king” but this title lasted only in Greater Armenia, and became “Takavor” in Cilicia. It may be correct in 3.3 already but I can’t remember.

The Dark Age: 888AD

Kingdom of Armenia [note: The current name in the Dark Age is Metz Hayk, which isn’t wrong (it means Greater Armenia), but maybe a more accurate name would be Arkayutiun Hayots.]

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Barev, great Arkah.

The ancient Kingdom of Armenia had been lost for centuries since the dissolution of the great Arshakuni dynasty in 428AD by the Sassanid Persian Empire. In the following centuries, Armenia was threatened with complete destruction by cultural assimilation and military defeat, but a hero always seemed to emerge from the great nobility of Armenia -the Nakharars- to defeat these numerous threats. Armenia, being the first Christian nation, had fought the first war to defend Christianity against the Sassanids in the 5th century AD. It would be these Christian roots that would cement Armenia into its land and keep it’s people distinct and intact in the face of oppression and invasion.

In the 7th century AD, a new scourge emerged from the desolate sands of Arabia, and would engulf our land in war once more. Once oppressed by the Zoroastrian Persians, Armenia now found itself plundered and violated by Muslim Arabs.

However, a new hero has emerged from the ranks of the nakharars once more to save Armenia from destruction! Ashot I Bagratuni defeated Armenia’s Arab overlords in a series of battles and received a crown from both the Caliph of Baghdad and the Emperor of Rome in 885AD.

Now, with the ancient kingdom restored, can Armenia rise again and regain its former glory?

Nice one Drtad, I will give you rep when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Nice one Drtad, I will give you rep when I can.
    Thanks. I was feeling inspired so I wrote another one before I lost it.

The Early Era: 1080AD (this would be the historical scenario after some province changes post-4.0)

Principatus Armeniae de Cilicia

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Barev, Ishkhan.

Alas, our homeland, Armenia, has fallen to the Seljuk hordes! If only those treacherous Romans had not betrayed our great king Gagik II in 1045 and seized the throne of Ani from the Bagratuni dynasty, perhaps it would have been more defensible… but that is all hypothetical. Now we must face reality.

Many Armenians fled the widespread destruction to the domain of the former Roman general Philaretos Brachamios, who was Armenian by birth. His domains were centered at the city of Marash and encompassed parts of Cilicia and Antiochia. With his elite division of 8,000 Norman soldiers, Brachamios carved out and maintained a significant domain, and was appointed as the “Duke of Antioch” by the Roman Emperor Nikephoros III Botaneiates in 1078.

This is where we come in. The recent assassination of Gagik II by the Greeks has angered the Armenian princes, and pressed Prince Roupen into action. He has seized the Roman fortress of Partzerpert and
    proclaimed himself lord of a small mountain principality within Cilicia amongst the carnage wrought by the Seljuk invasion.

Roupen’s situation is very bleak. Not only is he an enemy of the invading Great Seljuks and the still reeling Roman Empire, but he is also not alone in his endeavor to revitalize the Armenian people. The rival noble
    family of the Hetoumians has created its own power base at the castle of Lampron to the west, and a man of low birth known as “Kogh” (Thief) Vasil, has established himself as lord of Kesoun and Raban to the east. Not only that, but being the lord of the castle of Partzerpert and a few surrounding mountain villages does not give Roupen much population from which to draw more soldiers... or income.

Though you are surrounded, outnumbered, and outmatched, it is now up to you to follow in the footsteps of the Roupenian princes and restore the ancient kingdom. Can you possibly succeed?
    Last edited by Drtad; January 24, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

"Barev, Ishkhan."
    Drtad, know you the title, for cilician sovereign, who is translated by "Prince of the Mountains". I had read that about Cilicia, by a serious book from René Grousset, "History of Armenia, from roots to the Seljuk conquest".

Great, we could easily create good descriptions crimped with vernacular words....As the most immersive way. Same less understanding, its just better. Its the reality, to each people his idiome and way to call him-self.
    Personaly, I have a bad expression in english...but I will oversee the French Campaign descriptions if someone would(please^^) work about this...

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Great thread... can I pitch in a few ? probably the Islamic factions?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

For example... 1080:

Emir Yusef:

You have succeeded in uniting much of the Maghreb in a short period of time, you warriors are both fiercly true to their berber heritage yet also possess discipline and organization rarely seen since the days of the Rashidun might. From Marakesh you rule a empire of fabulous wealth in gold, slave, and other exotic trade.

Yet now a greater task is ahead of you, your cousins from accross the straits of Gibaratal are in need of your aid, for they are now hard pressed, for the first time since our ancestors first conquered and established Andalusia, the very presence of Allah is being threatened by the Barbarians of the North. Toledo has been lost, Valencia has fallen to that blasted corsair they call El Cid, and we are besieged on all front.

Andalusia is one of the wealthiest place of the known world, both in terms of culture and financial, Cordoba is now only rivaled by Constaninople amongest the city of the Mediterranian, but we have have also lost much of our warrior spirit and could no longer hold the northern barbarians at bay.

Thus we plea to you oh great Yusef! you are the only salvation the people of Andalusia can count upon to hold back the northern Barbarians, our gates and all our wealth are open to you, if only to keep Allahs glory shining upon this wonderous land, even if I end up my days herding goat back in Marrakesh, it would still beat being enslaved by those Northern infidel!

Muhammad Ibn Abbad Al Mutamid
    King of Sevilla
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

"King of Sevilla " Or "Taif al- ...",Bastula or something... sorry I don't remember the arabic name of Sevilla...But certainly you know that R.W^^

2 pics for the Renaissance Ottomans menu presentation, 3 units in pics but focused about the Halberd Yeniçeri, so choose one, I think that need to be TGA for integration in files. They yet in TGA in my pc, just I will upload the choosen pic...Or just the happy re-writter for Ottomans could change this PNG to TGA format.

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/0000nf.png/

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/0001hh.png/

Well just with MS paint, is easy to everyone to select a specific part of the pic to make an exagerated focus on this perfect unit...
    images was uploaded as 17-inch format, some bigs, as my preview pics, to give an idea about the size. If its really too big, I will post a less big format of this pics.
    Just said me if that could be good with the 17-inch.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 24, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Rus: I'm not an Arabic speaker... but I guess "Malik" would be the best romanized Arabic term for King...

and Egypt 1080

My most honorable Caliph:

Your realm has seen much hardship recently, with famine and military rebellion ravaging much of your prosperous realm, yet with my aid we have at last gotten the situation under control; though at great cost.

Much of our holdings have been lost during this time of strive, the treacherous Zirids have stolen our Tunisian homeland from us, Sicily has been lost to the most barbaric infidels of the north, these... Normans, and while I brought back my troops to stabilize the situation back in Egypt, those damn Turks took advantage of my absence and now control most of Syria and Levant. Back by their puppet of a false Caliph, the damn Abbasids .

But our time will come, Egypt is still a wealthy realm, our armies are vast and experienced, and the Turks will surely show signs of weakness before long. We shall recover our lost lands, this I swear in the name of Allah and Fatimah !

Your most faithful servant and Vizier
    Badr al-Jamali

Like this?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast