Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening of the badge Competition

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Very nice.

Amazing

Don't like it quite so much., the shield looks a little unsophisticated.

Very nice.

Trés cool.

Nice, but I think it's a little much for the Senatorii rank, better for Consul, IMO.

Nice.

A little unsophisticated, doesn't quite befit the Consul rank, IMO.

----------

Amazing

Nice

Nice

Amazing

Nice

Great job, LR

First of all, great work Rahl.

Secondly, I won't be making roman-based badges, at least for now, since I think those currently available are pretty good.

Thirdly, here are my badges:

And now, a couple of "commemorative" badges, (supposing that one could have two bagdes, one for rank and another for staff position or kinda like an award or even for the different "houses"):

Note: the names on the badges are in no way set on stone, they could be changed, I just named them to give them some medieval "feel".

Hope ou guys like them
    Cheers
    浪人 - 二天一

I'm strongly opposed to a Western European theme but Manji, I must admit those are bloody well done. . . almost enough to make me want a Western European theme.

As for Rahl's Latin ranks:
    I think you should move the Consul shield to the Praetor badge and the Senatorii symbol to the Consul badge.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Indefinitely Banned

I love them!

Rahl's are amazing, but I love the style of yours Manji, nice work!

They'll be perfect for our new Feudal theme!

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Manji, those are utterly amazing...

Perfect.

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

Manji all I can say is wow!!
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

EH......they look kind of cartoony....but good nonetheless.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

You're just saying that because you want Byzantium.

Manji, I just love those badges, better than Lord Rahl's, IMO. Although his Roman ones are superb, I find the Medieval ones don't really turn me on. The shields are a bit small and bland ( I find the brown round shield very boring) and I don't really like the plain grey background for them. Manji's background is very good, an excellent yellowy colour, although I would like a sort of aged parchment scroll look with rolled up edges and perhaps a few tears(sp?). The lettering is spot on, an old fashioned printing style (but gothic writing could be a good alternative) that suits the era very well. And the shields...OMG the shields...fantastic!
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Manji, those medieval badges are simply amazing!!!! Wow!

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    You're just saying that because you want Byzantium.
    Not really They look cartoony to me

(And yes, I do want Byzantine theme :laughing: )

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Actually the shields gave me alot of trouble, making them small but keeping them detailed. I just love them and will probably use them on another thing if they aren't used by TWC.
    therussian is actually right, they are a wee bit cartoony, maybe because I based them on Monty Python's Holy Grail style and Lord of the Realms.
    浪人 - 二天一

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

All I have to say is that Lord Rahl and Manji are GODS! All hail them. Marvellous, quite simply marvellous. KHV's idea of using something that looks like rolled up parchment is very good, though.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Manji
    therussian is actually right, they are a wee bit cartoony, maybe because I based them on Monty Python's Holy Grail style and Lord of the Realms.
    Even if I didn't already think they pwned, basing them off Monty Python's Holy Grail makes them pwn. :wink:
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    Roman style badges

Some thoughts:
    1. Think of the banner as a toga rather than an actual banner. If you do this, all those of senatorial rank (Senatorii, plus Quaestors and up) could be given a broad purple stripe on the bottom of their banner, to represent the toga praetexta that senators wore on certain occasions; Patricians and CPs/ULs/whatever could represent equestrians, and have thin scarlet stripes and a thin purple border. So for instance, something like this:
    2. The Imperator should probably be the one with the laurel wreath, not the Senators. A more faded image, in line with the Civitates/Patricians banners, would possibly be more appropriate for Senatorii. Maybe of the Curia Hostilia, for instance.
    Last edited by Simetrical; January 21, 2006 at 11:33 PM.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Can I just please remind the members of this simple line in the beginning of the first post in this thread:

Criteria: Roman style badges (to be implemented) and Medieval style badges (for show only now)

Major König's Avatar Civitate

I love Rahl's badges. Manji's, your's are great too! You two have outdone yourselves.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Rahl's Roman Badges are excellent.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Lovely work Rahl.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.