Thread: Feedback - Peninsula campaign NTW3 units

Default Feedback - Peninsula campaign NTW3 units

Hi, great mod. There is only two things that bothers me - 1.some austrian unifroms. It looks unrealistic.

2. infantry formation like square formation but units are inside too, like pikemans... when cavalary goes through that it looks unrealistic and it is too good target for enemy fire.

Please consider changes... thanks for your work
    Last edited by Vinc; January 23, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Default Re: Feedback - units

Concerning uniforms, you'll get an answer from Fullin pretty soon, he's our fashion designer.

Could you explain your second point more precisely ? I'm not sure to understand your demand.

Thanks for the comments.

i tried to say (with my bad english) that i donīt like a new formation you added. I made picture:

offtopic question: how goes work on NTW3's campaign? Will we be able to play it before Shogun 2 or it takes longer time to make that happend?

thanks
    Last edited by Vinc; January 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

I don't think it will be out before mars.

Some austrians didnt form square,theyformed more of a mass with bayonets out so therefore it would be unrealistic i think to have them forming square.
    Thats my understanding anyway.
    Also the green cuffs and collars are to represent the grade of troop type i think like conscript,veteran and crack i could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Tac View Post
    Also the green cuffs and collars are to represent the grade of troop type i think like conscript,veteran and crack i could be wrong though.
    its a good idea but i would choose different colours...somethink less bride

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Tac View Post
    Some austrians didnt form square,theyformed more of a mass with bayonets out so therefore it would be unrealistic i think to have them forming square.
    Thats my understanding anyway.
    I didn't know that the Austrian Army did not form squares. Here is some info about it (in German):
    http://www.univie.ac.at/igl.geschich...rel/karree.htm

For gameplay purposes, it would nevertheless be better if you could add the option for them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
    Hi, great mod. There is only two things that bothers me - 1.some austrian unifroms. It looks unrealistic.

2. infantry formation like square formation but units are inside too, like pikemans... when cavalary goes through that it looks unrealistic and it is too good target for enemy fire.

Please consider changes... thanks for your work
    Looks pretty realistic to me. Look at the picture of the Austrian fusilier, green collar...

Lord VC
    Last edited by Von_Clausewitz; January 23, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

Quote Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
    its a good idea but i would choose different colours...somethink less bride
    No it was not for the different grade, they all have the same uniforms. Austrian line had this collar color... It was made for historical accuracy, sorry if you do not like it, complain to their uniform designer. If he is still alive, he must be very hard of hearing looooooool

Lord VC

Quote Originally Posted by Franky-Boy View Post
    I didn't know that the Austrian Army did not form squares. Here is some info about it (in German):
    http://www.univie.ac.at/igl.geschich...rel/karree.htm

For gameplay purposes, it would nevertheless be better if you could add the option for them anyway.
    Yes, stick with the Lordz and you will learn correct history.
    Austrian formed a "carre en masse" (mass square), especially their less expereinced battalions did it.

Unfortunately we cannot mod the spacing in that formation to prevent cav from going through it, blame that on CA. Other that that, it is a good defense against cavalry. And yes also a good target for artillery.

Lord VC

im sorry but didnt know where to put my comment for te problems im having with the mod, id like to say i love the maps and the skins of the units but unfortunatly on three occasions i started a battle the french soldiers were all brown coloured no skins this is a common problem i have had with other mods also i dont know if creative assembly have done anything to rectify this but it is a pain. also my game as crashed on two attempts to play a battle. so it does look like a few bugs in the mod that need to be ironed out.

The french problem is a badly compressed atlas which is now fixed, we will release a patch soon with the fix. As far as crashes, you will have to be more specific for us to know how to help it.

VC

By the way? I couldn't find any British Grenadiers?

The artillery crossing the bridge will die by hitting it!

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Aguinaldo View Post
    By the way? I couldn't find any British Grenadiers?

These uniforms never actually saw battle in the Napoleonic wars, the hats and their name especially are for their part in breaking the imperial guard of France at the end of the battle of waterloo.
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

Edimonde's Avatar Foederatus

oh? Interesting, i didnt know that british didnt use grenadiers in the peninsular campaign. But then again, most of my facts about the british during the napoleonic wars comes from the Hornblower and Sharpe tv series.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Edimonde View Post
    oh? Interesting, i didnt know that british didnt use grenadiers in the peninsular campaign. But then again, most of my facts about the british during the napoleonic wars comes from the Hornblower and Sharpe tv series.
    The British still fielded Grenadier companies within each battalion; for example, 1st Battalion of the 1st Foot would consist of 7-8 Center companies + 1 Light company + 1 Grenadier company.

There has been some confusion in this thread between the 1st Foot Guards, who later became known as the Grenadier Guards after Waterloo, with the companies of Grenadiers within each battalion.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Feedback - Peninsula campaign NTW3 units

We are currently working on updating the Peninsula Campaign to include NTW3 stats & unifoms. This will be available for MP Campaign play

Last edited by Lord Davn; April 26, 2019 at 03:07 PM.