Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Shokh & Fortes & Okmin - Service Station

Oh... got it
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Default Re: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Shokh & Fortes & Okmin - Service Station

Quote Originally Posted by skyfaller View Post
    Is there any way to make a mod where there is a new playable faction?

Id love to have a playable faction starting in either Iceland or Ceylon. The point is to make a faction be a very small, isolated island nation with poor resources but with a tech advantage.. to make the game challenging and interesting.

The island does need to have 1 town (with a college on it), 1 farm and 2 ports (1 trade, 1 shipyard) at game start. Since the capital itself is low income and max can have only 2 trade ports you can see where the poor resources comes into play.

This faction will be limited in the type of units it can recruit. American Long Riflemen standing in for militia, Pikemen and Rangers as their 'regular' foot soldiers. 3lb horse and rocket artillery is their only cannon types. Light Dragoons would be their only cavalry (besides general unit).

Ships they can only build indiamen, rocket ships, bomb ketchs, sloops,xebecs, brigs, 6th rates and carronades (carronades being their 'best' ship possible).

Their advanced 'researchable' troops are: Light Infantry and Riflemen.

All other unit types cannot be recruited by this faction.

If mod could be made compatible with Darth's 6.8 it'd be grand.
    OK, request complete, hope you like it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's compatible with DMUC.

Installation:
    • Download the file -> SFO_MITHRAN FEDERATION
    • Extract
    • Startpos goes to [...]\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Cmain
    • unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_2.pack goes to [...]\empire total war\data
    • Start a Custom Campaign and play

As Shokh said:
    ...the price for each mod is a simple "thanks".
    If you wanna give additional a tip (consideration), +rep is accepted
    Last edited by Squid; June 08, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Default Re: Want a mod? IŽll create it for you! - Shokh`s small mod chest

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Hey Shokh,

Just me again, SilverKnight. I was wondering... Do you remember the mod that you created for me that added the Mughal Empire as a playable nation? Well, I was wondering, could you please add to that mod by making the protectorates owned by their respective nations (New Spain's territories owned by Spain, Louisiana's to France, and the Thirteen Colonies to Great Britain), and disabling the mission script for conquering the protectorates? This comes in addition to keeping the Mughals playable in the startpos that you uploaded. I'd be really grateful if you could do that, man!

Danke schön, mate!

Best regards,
    TheSilverKnight
    Hey guys, just wanted to make sure my humble request wasn't lost in the myriad of posts! I really am quite impressed by all the work you guys as a team are doing! Thanks for all your hard work to the community

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to make sure my humble request wasn't lost in the myriad of posts! I really am quite impressed by all the work you guys as a team are doing! Thanks for all your hard work to the community
    No mate
    Here you can watch the WIP & waiting list - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    No mate
    Here you can watch the WIP & waiting list - WIP
    Thanks very much man!

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Libertus

...so may i ask a mod that make available for all nation (or at least Venice) the swordsmens (look like Higlander Swordsmens); recruitable from the start of the game, but availabile also during tecnological advance?

P.S. If a unity of they can be made larger about 200 mans, it wuould be nice.
    Last edited by Simone I; February 22, 2011 at 04:51 PM.

Hello,

Currently playing an ottoman campaign and want to change the religion in the persian empire to shia islam (i.e. subdivide islam into shia for persia and sunni for ottomon). Historically this was one of the major reasons for the war between these regions and also want to make occupying these lands more difficult/more religious unrest. Also was wondering if it is possible to change the religion of the religious agents to the same so they can convert the population as I have a persian mullah or whatever who is in my city but not doing anything!

Was also wondering if there is a fix for fog of war issue when playing mod-unlocked factions?

Thanks in advance

We can't add a new religion, sorry. And you can remove fog of war for specific factions with this tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261597, or disable it http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235002.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

erm... Okmin aren't we supposed to do that for him instead of give him a tutorial so he can do it him self?

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    erm... Okmin aren't we supposed to do that for him instead of give him a tutorial so he can do it him self?
    Oh yeah... Sorry, I'm not really thinking now. Trying to write a paper at the same time.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Quote Originally Posted by Simone I View Post
    ...so may i ask a mod that make available for all nation (or at least Venice) the swordsmens (look like Higlander Swordsmens); recruitable from the start of the game, but availabile also during tecnological advance?

P.S. If a unity of they can be made larger about 200 mans, it wuould be nice.
    We can only use existing unitmodels. If you have an working one it can be done. otherwise not because for this we need someone in this team who can skin the units. I cannot let do it one from my teams, they are busy as hell at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by abubakir1234 View Post
    Hello,

Currently playing an ottoman campaign and want to change the religion in the persian empire to shia islam (i.e. subdivide islam into shia for persia and sunni for ottomon). Historically this was one of the major reasons for the war between these regions and also want to make occupying these lands more difficult/more religious unrest. Also was wondering if it is possible to change the religion of the religious agents to the same so they can convert the population as I have a persian mullah or whatever who is in my city but not doing anything!

Was also wondering if there is a fix for fog of war issue when playing mod-unlocked factions?

Thanks in advance
    The only way to bring in a new religion while not affecting the whole game is to take the existing one "sikh", rename it and give it then the ottomans.
    When your mod have FOW failures it was not carefully done.

Libertus

We can only use existing unitmodels. If you have an working one it can be done. otherwise not because for this we need someone in this team who can skin the units. I cannot let do it one from my teams, they are busy as hell at the moment.
    If you think is better it would be amazing the same or way better to use the Pikeman's unitmodels, or Heavy chivalry/general body guards or Polish Hussards...

PS=i use italian game so when you are going to do this mod can you raname the units (Spadaccini)?

Don't worry about the time: i can imagine how busy you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder View Post
    Thank you. Is this list helpfull for you, or is it to complicated to mod?

All references to 6lb. cannons have been removed. These cannons were bugged and cause significant balance issues (more firepower than 32lb. guns. Read here for more details.). In most cases they have been replaced by 6lb. lt guns.
    - Reloading times and Accuracy will no longer vary with the size of ship, but with its guns.
    - Cummulative firepower is now increasing with higher ship class.
    - Galleys will no longer have 4x42lb. guns, but 4x6lb. lt. guns.
    - For all ships their accuracy and reloading times have been derived as the average of their guns, as listed:

Type/Accuracy/Reloading Time

6lb. - removed from all ships due to its buggy behaviour
    6lb. lt. 70/70
    9lb. 60/60
    9lb. lt. 65/65
    12lb. 50/50
    12lb. lt. 55/55
    18lb. 40/40
    18lb. lt. 45/45
    24lb. 30/30
    32lb. 20/20
    64lb 10/10

For example a ship with 20 9lb. guns and 10 12lb. guns will have 57/57 accuracy and reloading time. Their firepower uses the same modifiers with vanilla.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Not for DMUC. But when Dart finished his beta tests for 6.9 i can do it with the new DMUC_core mate.
    I look forward to it.
    Thank you.
    Your file still made Vanilla units unlimited in DMUC.
    I would like all units in DMUC unlimited if that is possible.

I don't have a request at this time but I wanted to thank Shokh, Okmin, and Fortes for this fun and generous contribution! Thanks for your time and efforts gentlemen!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

UPDATED VERSION!

Hi the reason that i updated this request is that i tested the usa late campaing you made earlier here. With little changes it would do fine. I also noticed that Flikitos made similar request here too so this is for both.

Request based to Flikitos revolutionary wars units mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000

So here is the updated Request fo theCampaing mod based to Revolutionary wars
    It doesn't have to be a history book. Just close enough.

This is what i have in mind:

• Royalist France att the beginnig
    • period can be like in the late Usa campaing but perhaps more turns (1780-etc...
    • many/same technologies ready like in the late Usa campaing
    • no technologies that never used in that time (like rockets, pucleguns, and steamships)

Regional Powers:

Some suggestions to the campaing winning objectives:

• France: Capture most of north italy (provinces)
    • Austria: Capture most of north italiy (provinces)

• Great Britain: Capture France (province)
    • Spain: Capture France (province)
    • Prussia: Capture France (province)

Some historical events and clitch if possible:

• events like: Irish uprising 1798
    • period loading screen/s
    • period flags

Good basic guideline in wikipedia:
    War of the First Coalition
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolutionary_Wars

These are only guidelines, i totally trust your opinion in this case and know your work will be mutch more that i can ever hope!
    Last edited by Sandels; March 23, 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Flikitos made similar request

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    OK, request complete, hope you like it

Installation:
    • Download the file -> SFO_MITHRAN FEDERATION
    • Extract
    • Startpos goes to [...]\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Cmain
    • unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_2.pack goes to [...]\empire total war\data
    • Start a Custom Campaign and play

As Shokh said:

WHOHOOO thank you so much fellas. +rep^2 !
    Last edited by Squid; June 08, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

heres a challenge mate, more jacobite units for scotland and more units fer ireland :

For all ongoing requests, please have a bit patience. All of us are at the moment full with work but we will try to create your mods as soon we have time.