Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a mod? WeŽll create it for you! - Service Station - Temporary Closed!

Default Re: Want a mod? IŽll create it for you! - Shokh`s small mod chest

can i have a mod that enables the emergent factions: quebec,greece and naples and sicily?

i already have a mod that has the naples and sicily, but the mod i have does not have greece and quebec.

will i have to get rid of my first mod in order to get the 3 factions?

if i have to then i would like a mod with quebec, greece and naples and sicily.

Foederatus

Damned internetconnection. Please read the post below.
    Last edited by Lord Blackadder; February 15, 2011 at 03:03 AM.

Foederatus

Good sir,

I would like to know if it is possible to make a mod where you can change some major historical (and logical) problems.

I'm talking about the firepower of light galley's, sloops and brigs. I'm not shure what those men of CA were thinking when they assigned that astronomical settings of firepower on the light galley. Normally with a gun like that the ship would break apart after one shot because of the recoil. The sloop and brigs too are far overpowered. The brig has a firepower of 64, while my 6th rate has 68. the sloop has even 80, while a fifth rate has 92. Can you please adjust them by making it more historical correct? More like the settings of myshkin's navy mod, which can't be downloaded anymore.
    Last edited by Lord Blackadder; February 15, 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    Jolly good of you old sport

Sorry Shokh,I did mean to ask for you to make it for DMUC,but I worded it wrong I suppose.
    And do I just slap it in the data folder?
    Only put it into your data folder, yes.
    IŽm afraid it will conflict with the unit compatibly project file of DMUC, you need to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder View Post
    Good sir,

I would like to know if it is possible to make a mod where you can change some major historical (and logical) problems.

I'm talking about the firepower of light galley's, sloops and brigs. I'm not shure what those men of CA were thinking when they assigned that astronomical settings of firepower on the light galley. Normally with a gun like that the ship would break apart after one shot because of the recoil. The sloop and brigs too are far overpowered. The brig has a firepower of 64, while my 6th rate has 68. the sloop has even 80, while a fifth rate has 92. Can you please adjust them by making it more historical correct? More like the settings of myshkin's navy mod, which can't be downloaded anymore.
    If you can write me an list which ships are ok, which are to powerfull and which are to weak in firepower i can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    can i have a mod that enables the emergent factions: quebec,greece and naples and sicily?

i already have a mod that has the naples and sicily, but the mod i have does not have greece and quebec.

will i have to get rid of my first mod in order to get the 3 factions?

if i have to then i would like a mod with quebec, greece and naples and sicily.
    If you want change your mod you can give me the dl and i can mod it.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    If you can write me an list which ships are ok, which are to powerfull and which are to weak in firepower i can make it.
    Thank you. Is this list helpfull for you, or is it to complicated to mod?

All references to 6lb. cannons have been removed. These cannons were bugged and cause significant balance issues (more firepower than 32lb. guns. Read here for more details.). In most cases they have been replaced by 6lb. lt guns.
    - Reloading times and Accuracy will no longer vary with the size of ship, but with its guns.
    - Cummulative firepower is now increasing with higher ship class.
    - Galleys will no longer have 4x42lb. guns, but 4x6lb. lt. guns.
    - For all ships their accuracy and reloading times have been derived as the average of their guns, as listed:

Type/Accuracy/Reloading Time

6lb. - removed from all ships due to its buggy behaviour
    6lb. lt. 70/70
    9lb. 60/60
    9lb. lt. 65/65
    12lb. 50/50
    12lb. lt. 55/55
    18lb. 40/40
    18lb. lt. 45/45
    24lb. 30/30
    32lb. 20/20
    64lb 10/10

For example a ship with 20 9lb. guns and 10 12lb. guns will have 57/57 accuracy and reloading time. Their firepower uses the same modifiers with vanilla.

Okay, i thought about changing only projectiledamage. Your request need more time.
    I can do it bit it will take a while. At the moment i have plenty to do in my BEIC project.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Okay, i thought about changing only projectiledamage. Your request need more time.
    I can do it bit it will take a while. At the moment i have plenty to do in my BEIC project.
    Do take all the time you need. I can wait.

This is very generous of you.

If possible, I would like Indiamen to be bumped up to 4rth rate or galleon status to reflect the power of the east India company's fleet. They should also be zero up keep since it was a chartered company that paid for them, however there should probably be some cap, if its possible to have them spawn like spies and gentlemen with the construction of a trade port, (which may as well be renamed, a company port) if that isn't possible then just make them take longer to recruit. maybe 4 turns instead of 2.

I'd like to see brigs and sloops go zero upkeep to reflect that they were primarily pirate vessels who worked independently for governments with letters of mark.

Great Britain and France should each get one colony in india, for england Bengal, and for France Orissa.

The Mugals should be given larger starting armies and better starting economy, all paved roads and level 2 administration hubs so they can hold off the marathas for longer.

The barbary states should have the ability to recruit xebecks and other high end Islamic ships from any port, for zero cost and upkeep, and they should have their capital as Tunis rather than Libya. I'd also like to see them start out with more money, bigger fleets, more developed economy, and bigger armies, so they don't get taken by Spain and France in the first 10 turns.

If possible, I'd like to see a mission for the ottoman empire that allows them to take possession of the barbary states if they take Morocco and malta, and possibly the Crimean khanate if they take Don Velko Chechenia and Georgia, I'd also like to see the ottomans start out with a slightly better economy or more start up money.

A garrison unit for the Ottomans, Persians, Mugals, and Marathas would be good too, some cheep milita type unit with a repression bonus, something like "secret police, or night troops"

Poland and Austria should be weaker, just have them start poor. Also No alliance between Poland and Russia, and an alliance between Poland and Prussia. That way Russia will invade Poland and Poland and Prussia will focus on Austria.

Hanover should start with a port and trade agreement with great Britain, Also Mysore should start with one and have a agreement with the Mugals.

Portugal should have a full barrack in their territory in India, and a larger starting garrison, and be allied to the Marathas. They should also have more trade ships starting out in south america and the east Indies and more troops in Europe to give them an edge against Spain.

Oh and power down the native Americans, smaller starting unit numbers, and poorer economy. Maybe give the 13 colonies more troops to defend the north east.

Also give all non native factions access to steamships and heavy ships of the line.

I hope I'm not asking too much, but those are the little tweaks I've always wanted made to the game and they would make it play a lot better I think.

If you could figure out a way to do that for me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Giuliano Taverna; February 15, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Hi. I have already made several changes to Empire total war, after installing darthmod. And these changes do a brilliant job of bringing me through the 18'th century in a very realistic and satisfying way. However I would like to continue to play into the 19'th century. This means I need a couple of things.

1. I need to end date to be changed to 1880(so the game will run from 1700-1880)I would go to 1899 but that would require machine guns, which are impossible(the max rate of fire for the puckle model works perfectly for gatling guns though, but too slow for machine guns)

2. I need several new technologies to be added after the ones that are already there.

I don't know how to do either of these so I need your help. I will be infinitely grateful if you succeed, but I will understand if it is not possible or if it is too much. But seriously, if you succeed I will travel the TWC telling all of the great Shokh!

New techs-1. mass produced rifles(increase range for all muskets and carbines by +200%, increase accuracy by +200%) 2. rifled cannons(increase accuracy for all artillery +200%) 3. minie ball(increase accuracy for muskets and carbines by +33%) breach loading rifles(reduces reload time to 25% of current level, and gives all infantry breach loading rifle animation, alternatively you could just make a new kind of infantry unit available and make it so the ai will only recruit it instead of other infantry)breach loading cannons(same as for rifles) gattling gun(puckle gun with max possible rate of fire, seems to be about 2 or 3 shots per second)modern infantry tactics(reduces unit size to 10% of current levels, increases rank and file spacing to about 5 or whatever Great War Total War is using, reduces unit cost and upkeep to 10% of current levels, all infantry get light infantry behavior, or you could make a new infantry unit available at this stage like I mentioned for breach loading rifles). That last tech is probably the most complicated and I understand if it is not possible.

I figure the rifle techs should be prerequisite to the equivalent cannon techs. I don't know if you need a list of the changes I have personally made, but I will include one later if you ask, right now I need to get to my 12pm class.

what do you mean by "give me the dl " whats the dl?

Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    what do you mean by "give me the dl " whats the dl?
    Pardon?

@ Guliano Taverna:
    This would be a bit much work, i can do it but cannot promise when i have time for this.

@ InsanePerson42:
    Starttime would be easy to change, the tech request need a lot more time and therefore as i said to Guliano Taverna, donŽt know when.

for the all unit government pack, does it work during an already started game or do i have to start a new game to use it

Hi I have a question. Can you make me a mod that allows deployable defences in every battle.

I found out that someone has done it even in demo:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post4512914

by somehow giving a unit the special ability, "earthworks".

It would mean so mutch to me and i know many others that would need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnin_Simon View Post
    for the all unit government pack, does it work during an already started game or do i have to start a new game to use it
    Should work with your already started one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandels View Post
    Hi I have a question. Can you make me a mod that allows deployable defences in every battle.

I found out that someone has done it even in demo:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post4512914

by somehow giving a unit the special ability, "earthworks".

It would mean so mutch to me and i know many others that would need it.
    All line infantry?

Is there any way to make a mod where there is a new playable faction?

Id love to have a playable faction starting in either Iceland or Ceylon. The point is to make a faction be a very small, isolated island nation with poor resources but with a tech advantage.. to make the game challenging and interesting.

The island does need to have 1 town (with a college on it), 1 farm and 2 ports (1 trade, 1 shipyard) at game start. Since the capital itself is low income and max can have only 2 trade ports you can see where the poor resources comes into play.

This faction will be limited in the type of units it can recruit. American Long Riflemen standing in for militia, Pikemen and Rangers as their 'regular' foot soldiers. 3lb horse and rocket artillery is their only cannon types. Light Dragoons would be their only cavalry (besides general unit).

Ships they can only build indiamen, rocket ships, bomb ketchs, sloops,xebecs, brigs, 6th rates and carronades (carronades being their 'best' ship possible).

Their advanced 'researchable' troops are: Light Infantry and Riflemen.

All other unit types cannot be recruited by this faction.

If mod could be made compatible with Darth's 6.8 it'd be grand.
    Last edited by skyfaller; February 18, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

We can replace a faction, not insert a new one. So which faction should be gone for this new one?
    How should this new faction be called? Do you have an flag for it?