Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Default Why do Huns not build ports?

Hi Goth!

I've downlaodede eveythign until the latest update (waiting for it to off rapidshare) and the game has been improved immensely. However, this week for the first time I tried to play the Huns and settled them early. Unfortunately they neever seem to get the option to build a port. Is this a general issue with BI or is it a by-product of the mods?

Hi Sully
    This is a feature of BI itself, the huns can i think build ships etc if they capture a port but they cannot build a port itself, I think it is supposed to limit the Huns maritime expansion as they were not a maritime nation in reality

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; March 11, 2006 at 03:04 AM.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Goth! I've found a really strange "bug" in your mod. For some reason the AI is creating WRE armies in the steppes of Russia!!
    I was playing as the huns and I saw how the ERE conquered the northeast province of the steppes and later it began to move west (forcing me to defend against them along the danube and the vistula!)
    Now I see small armies (3 or 4) of the WRE armies reaally far away from Rome. It's quite a fun bug because the roman powers are forcing the huns moving west!

Diego, from Argentina

Hi Empedocles
    That is Hilarious, I cant imagine what is causing it. I havent even had a chance to play the latest version as i have been too busy. Keep me posted on this one and i will rack my brain to see if i can come up with the cause.

Thanks Empedocles

Goth

If I remember correctly I've seen several months before an user that had the same problem, maybe it's not a problem from your mod.
    At first when I saw that the ERE had conquered the city northeast of the map I thought: WOW!! The AI is doing something new! In fact it is a big trouble to get your army moving trough the steppes chasing ERE armies and it forces you to divide your army in two!! I'm about to loose this campaing I think (it's VH/VH afterall)
    But I couldn't recover from the destruction of two cities by the slavs few turns after I established there!!
    I can only hope that the sassanids continue forcing the ERE out of Palestine and asia minor and force them to move their armies towards them. (I'm allied with them!)

Diego, from Argentina

I always find the huns easy to play as i love steppe warfare tactics, but i must admit i have necer played on VH\VH the hardest i have had is H\H. If i ever get time to complete a full campaign i will try it on VH\VH as either the Alemanni or the Huns.

Goth

Default Huns Progress

Hi goth! I just wanted to describe my campaing with the huns so you find out how the AI evolves in your 2.3 patch.
    The ostrogoths are no more, after wandering around Ylliria for years they never conquered a city and were destroyed by me in a single battle.
    The goths have invaded italy from the east (I've seen this in the 2.2 patch also) and there the WRE stopped them and send the remaining hordes into germany were they are getting cut trhoug pieces by the AI.
    The slavs have been unstoppable! They destroyed two of my cities in the north, then they sacked a burgundy city and now they are at war with the allemani horde and the franks in franks homeland.
    The franks haven't moved a bit (also seen in 2.2) and the saxons are slowing moving into northern france.
    The RB and the picts are on a stalemate.
    In Africa the WRE was kicked out by the WRE rebels and the berbers who then conquered pretty much all of north africa.
    The real surprise for me was the sassanid onslaught that is moving west with tremendous armies and have almost conquered all asia minor and egypt, leaving the ERE with only its european cities.
    I have stablished in today ucraine and romania and have recently conquered hadrianople but the ERE has sent me 2 full stack armies to prevent me from conquering constantinople.

It will be fun to destroy the ERE, then I will move east and try to stop the sassanids. My biggest city is about 18000 of population and I haven't developed much infraestructure.

It is a fun campaing by the way. Thanks

Diego, from Argentina

Hi Empedocles
    I think i should make the ostrogoths stronger at the start of the game to make them more of a nuisance to everyone , It would be nice if they would move west also.
    I still havent managed to play yet, I am working on patch 2.4 and have been asked to do a one off version of the mod with a united empire and stronger barbarians . It should be fun i think

Goth

I just installed your mod Goth and i got a message when i exit the game telling me something like this :

"lombard archers missile range of 140 is impossible(max.130)"

I didn't know if it was reported but it's to let you know. Anyway, i never play Lombardi faction and they'll probably disappear after few turns.

-Scorp

Hi Scorpion
    Yes i know about this one and it will be fixed for the next patch(2.4), it doesnt cause any problems other than giving out the error message on game exit if you have show_err activated.
    The next patch is going to have a lot of improvements. the biggest thing will be game graphics every unit in the game is being reshaded to give maximum realism in battle mode check out this link for screenshots
    http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...0&#entry211261

you need post 149 on page 8.
    Also there will be many rebalancing issues but it is alot of work so may take upto 2 weeks yet

Goth

Ok thanks for the info Goth, i'll keep a eye on your mod since it's the best one for me right now(with 4tpy). Anyway, i've already fixed all bugs with the missile troops (archers, plumbatari, onager, etc) and the bad starting position of the Slavs army over the river pass. Now, i got no more error message when i exit the game

I didn't fight a lot of battles so i can't really tell much on that part of your mod but on the campaign map everything seem to run perfectly since i didn't have any CTD. So far it's looking good.

-Scorp

Heres a new link for screenshots http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...=0#entry167087

Hope you like them

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; March 26, 2006 at 03:33 AM.

Default Re: Goths All Factions V2.0 for BI 1.6 Released

Thanks again Goth for your mod, more i play with it more i like it. After a lots of battle in my new campaign, i realized how a great job you did to put all these great skins (Big thanks for all the artists) together for us. Really the only bad thing it's how the AI it's still stupid, in one of a battles i saw a king standing right in the middle of the battlefield while over of my 500 horse archers was shooting on them Don't know if it's a problem about the range stat whom make them standing waiting for someone to charge him but weird nevertheless.

And if you could permit, why not add the basic port to some of faction since it's a big part of the economy ? And, did i'm alone to find it weird that a faction who could build a cathedral with stone can't build a basic stone wall ? Since i'm started , why not adding the rebels for the west and the east romans empire right at the start with only one province ? It could be really challanging to conquer the know world and restore the real roman empire with a faction starting with only one province. How could you call it Goth ALL factions mod while it's still have two factions waiting for the players ?

P.S. Hope you don't take it personal, it was only few ideas throw in the air with my first impression. I'm still looking for your next release with most of the know bugs fixed as a good base since i've few projects who'll work great with your mod.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Don't play BI that much but now I'm going try out your mod.

Hi Scorpion Hi appius
    Lots of questions scorpion, to answer your first one i could enable ports for those that cannot currently build them but to enable fleets for the same factions will be a bit more tricky as the units will have to be created first. The new version 2.4 will be out soon and features huge differences over 2.3, so many in fact that i will probably wait untill 2.5 to introduce your suggestions because i have to release 2.4 soonand may not get time to implement and test this.
    As for the stone wall thing yes i agree with you , although a city wall is not just a simple stone wall , many were in fact marvellous feats of engineering and are often overlooked as such.
    The Two rebel factions were never considered by me to be real factions which is why i never enabled them. I am going to enable them for 2.4 but if they give me too much grief i will shelve them for 2.5
    To Appius, I hope you enjoy 2.3 , but 2.4 will be out in about a weeks time unless there are any major problems between now and then and believe me when i say it will blow 2.3 out of the water.

Thanks guys
    Goth

Hi Goth

Firstly, thanks for all your answers, i know that i asked lots of questions in my last post. I'm happy to see that you consider to implant some of them in the 2.5 version.

but to enable fleets for the same factions will be a bit more tricky as the units will have to be created first
    I already added basic port to the Goths & Ostrogoths(Nomad) and they can build the simplest boat without having nothing more then a bit of editing in the export_descr_buildings as you can see. It seem that most of the factions can build a boat if they've a port but i don't know if it work with all Nomad factions.

About the stone wall, it'll be nice if the faction need to build a christain shrine or chapel before it can build the stone wall to keep it realistic. Like that, you'll have to change the faction religion to be able to access the next wall upgrade. For the rebels romans, it'll need to be tested a lot since it could be really easy or simply impossible to win.

Looking for your next realese soon

-Scorp

2.4 is here
    Download here
    http://www.g-unleashed.com/index.php?cat=34&pid=634&page=goth's_bi_mod
    A lot has changed since 2.3, Mainly the graphics but also huge rebalancing.
    Download and extract with winrar to a neutral folder, dont forget to read the readme file for how to install

Thanks and have fun
    Goth
    Last edited by Goth; April 10, 2006 at 02:33 AM.

Hi, I've been out of it for a while. I think I have 2.1.1 installed. Can I go directly to 2.4 or do I have to take them by the numbers?

Btw, does your mod feature Atilla's new huns, berbers and goths etc?

All Graphics are totally different check out this link for screenshots
    screenshots
    ,If you are still on 2.1.1 you are going to see a game that is very different in 2.4 . this is not a patch but a full download so you can copy it straight over 2.1.1.
    Cheers joar
    Hope you like it
    Goth
    Last edited by Goth; April 10, 2006 at 02:36 AM.

OK, that sounds good! Thanks for the fast reply.