Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

i cant download the mod as for some reason i cant download from rapidshare
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus

***** NEW DOWNLOAD SITE *****

Many thanks to Mister V for arranging this , You can now download the mod and the 2.2.1 patch from this site. I have been told it is a fast download too

Download link http://www.g-unleashed.com/index.php?cat=34&pid=634&page=goth's_bi_mod

I have updated the first post with this link but have also kept the rapidshare link too

Huge thanks Mister V

Goth

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I don't know why this mod thread has been sitting in the Barbarian Invasion: General discussion forum for so long when it doesn't belong there. Moved to the Modification and Conversion Projects sub-forum.

Too true....it's been there since I came, and I left it there. Never questioned the decisions before coming to office.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

I needed to reinstall RTW and... well, again I have problems with that maps folder...
    I delete the map.rwm, but everytime I try to start a campaign the game return to the single player menu. So I check the maps/base folder again and I can see that the map.rwm is back.
    I tried reinstalling but still when a I choose a faction and try to play the file is recreated.
    I don't know why this problem is happening, I didn't have any problems like this before.
    Last edited by Szkítia; March 02, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

What happens is the map.rwm file is regenerated every time you play Barbarian invasion, but it is regenerated as the map file of the map you have played so once you have played barbarian invasion map.rwm exists again but for the new map.
    Make sure the map.rwm folder you are deleting is the one that is in
    rome-totalwar\bi\data\world\maps\base, thats the file you need to delete. Then run the game, this should work , it is possible that you are deleting the map.rwm file that is in the
    rome total war\data\world\maps\base folder but that one is for rome total war and not barbarian invasion. Please let me know if you get it working

Thanks

Goth

Thank you for your reply.

The map.rwm I'm deleting is in the:
    E:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\base Folder so it's the right one.
    I'll try it again.

Edit:

Same problem, it won't work.

Very strange, i cant understand it at all, you have installed bi then the mod , then deleted map.rwm and it still sends you back to the main menu. In this case something else must be wrong. It cant be anything to do with map.rwm. Have you installed the official 1.6 patch after installing bi and before installing the mod. Do you have more than 1 install of bi on your computer?

Goth

Indeed it's very strange. First I installed RTW, then the 1.2 patch, then the Barbarian Invasion. I patched it up to version 1.6 then I unpacked your modification into the Bi and Data folders. I know that I did everything the same way like I did it last time when I installed it and installed your modification. I did it all the same way.
    Maybe I should try to reinstall the whole Rome Total War and Barbarian Invasion folders.
    I have two installs of RTW, one for Bi and one for the original game without the expansion (for Rome Total Realism).

What might be happening is winrar is fowling up the install if you are unpacking directly into your Rome - Total War folder. Try this instead
    Uninstall Bi and rome total war and then install it again and then patch it to 1.6. Unpack the mod download into a neutal folder(call it 'Goths Mod') In this folder you should now have the bi and data folders. Copy them both and paste them into the folder Rome - Total War (Not the Rome - Total War\bi folder). then delete the map.rwm file from the Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\base folder. Everything done here is exactly what i have done to mine and it works perfect.

Let me know how it goes Szkitia and good luck

Thanks
    Goth

Thank you, that's a good idea. I'll try it when I get home from school today.

Edit: I've reinstalled it twice and now it works! Yay!
    Thank you for your help. Now I can finally play with this marvellous mod again. It's such a great work!
    Last edited by Szkítia; March 03, 2006 at 12:00 PM.

****** PATCH 2.3 RELEASED ******
    Patch 2.3 for Goths all factions mod for Barbarian Invasion 1.6

This patch requires that patch 2.2.1 be installed , no other patches priopr to 2.2.1 are needed

This patch is mainly contributions by others with 3 bug fixes of 2.2.1 done by myself
    Huge Thanks go to KALI, MAKSIM ,DICK ,ALXCRUEL and ARCHER for their contributions, A big
    thankyou also needs to go to VIPER1980 whos work you have not yet seen, he is working
    very hard on some excellent game improvments which will be out in future releases

Whats new
    Changes since 2.2.1

1.Fixed a bug with the sprites for the sarmatian armoured archers which were causing
    a crash
    2.Fixed a bug with the ERE Clibinarii where the game would crash when the unit went to
    fire its bows. The model does not have the ability to perform archery and yet the EDU
    file said it did. So when the unit went to fire the model couldnt so the game crashed
    3.Added Kalis excellent skins to the game. He has created some beautiful shield patterns
    and the skins are a huge improvement on my own They blend much better with atillas skins
    4.Maksim has managed to get us some excellent hun models and skins from russia which
    were created by Dick and Alxcruel and are a worthy addition to the mod
    5.Added Archers skymod for bi which adds much atmosphere to the game. We now have a far
    wider range of weather and lighting conditions in battle mode which makes the game look
    and feel far more realistic.
    6. fixed a bug with romano british foederati cavalry who did not have a sprite, this
    would lead to random crashes when loading a battle

Thats all for now but for the next patch we are working on a problem that some people
    are having where they try to start the game and are told to chhose an item from the list.
    Only a very few people are experiencing this and i have a suspicion it is to do with
    non english versions of the game.
    Viper is also working very hard on a new mercenary recruitment pool and various other
    tweaks for the game that involve rebalancing, more news on this later

To Install the latest patch just copy the folder called bi and paste it into the main
    folder of your Rome Total War install. Allow it to overwrite all files.

Download Here
    http://rapidshare.de/files/14766769/Patch_2.3.rar.html

You should be able to also download from our other site in the next few days

Thanks and have fun

Goth

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

I loved Kali's shields!!! and those huns!!! just barbaric enough without being absurd
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Ok so I downloaded it, I followed the readme and.....Nothing Happened.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

A little advice for you as I had many problems installing the mod because I'm new:
    1ş Install RTW
    2ş Install BI (it will patch to 1.4 automatically)
    3ş Patch to 1.6 (download the file from www.totalwar.com)
    4ş Install Goth 2.0 mod
    5ş Patch to 2.2.1
    6ş Patch to 2.3
    7ş Delte the map.rwm file in the Bi/data/world/base/campaing folder
    8ş Copy the descr_strat.txt file from the 2.2 patch and overwrite the one in your installation.
    9ş Enjoy.

Tell me how it goes. Diego, from Argentina

Ok, where is 2.3 patch?

And where am I copying the file from? Help im messing up here BI keeps crashing must reinstall it for a second time.. Help

So In order to get complete factions for Barbarian Invasion I have to go through the whole business of Reinstalling ROME itself? then BI, then the 1.6 patch, then the goth (copying the same Bi and Data folders over and over onto the RTW folder), then 2.2.1 then 2.3 (doing the same above function of repeatedly copying over the BI and Data folder) then delete the map file, then Copy and overwrite the other file (even though that had been overwritten three times already)

All so I can play all the Factions??? I don't remember getting all factions for Rome being this complicated!

Once again...

HELP!
    Last edited by Centurion_Maida; March 08, 2006 at 10:51 AM.

I think it is getting confusing with the patches so i have reuploaded the entire mod in the 2.3 version and taken a couple of your suggestions on board Empedocles. I have put the version number in one of the start loading screens and rewritten the install instructions so that its easier to understand, I have also included a map.rwm file which will install into the correct folder so there is no need to delete the map.rwm file any longer. All you have to do now is download the mod , Extract to a new folder copy the bi and data folders in the new folder and paste them into the main Rome total war folder(not the rome total war bi folder).

Here is the new download - http://rapidshare.de/files/15036363/...s_2.3.rar.html

The other download site will be up and running asap

And here is the new readme file that comes with the mod

Goths All factions Mod V2.3 for Rome Total War barbarian Invasion V1.6

You need a clean install of Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion that has the official 1.6
    patch installed(when we say clean install we mean an install that has no mods already installed
    on it).
    The official BI 1.6 patch can be downloaded here http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

To install you need to unpack the rar file with Winrar to a neutral folder (make a new folder
    and call it Goths Mod). In this folder you should now have this readme file a folder called data
    and a folder called bi
    If you do not have winrar download the trial version from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    Copy both folders and paste both of them into your main Rome Total War folder(thats the folder
    that has the RomeTW.exe file and the RomeTW-BI.exe file in it).
    Thats it there is nothing more to do except start the game and play, You no longer need to
    delete the map.rwm file as the correct one has been included in this install.

Firstly a bit about this mod, it came about as a suggestion from Jaguar on the Rome Total Realism
    Forums to enable the slav faction in BI. After completing this (Slavmod) I decided to do a mod
    enabling all the factions (Goths All Factions Mod). This mod is a continuation of those earlier
    Mods and has now gained popularity and has many contributions from different modders
    I cannot claim credit for this mod myself because other mods by very talented modders play
    a big part in it. All i have done is tie them together and add my own touches.
    So massive thanks go firstly to Seleukos whos map this mod uses, the map is nicely balanced and very challenging
    Secondly to Darth Vader for his gamplay fix 1.6 which vastly improves combat in the battles
    Third is Archer as I use his excellent Skymod for better lighting in battles
    Fourth are Dick and Alxcruel who created the new Hunnic models and skins and also to Maksim for aquiring them for us.
    Fifth is Atilla Reloaded whos skins that are used in this Mod are the best i have ever seen(his
    skins cover the WRE,ERE,Franks,Saxons,Romano Brits,Celts and Sassanid Persians)
    Sixth is Kali who has reskinned all the remaining Bi models with gorgeous shields and armour

A big thankyou also needs to go to Viper1980 who is working hard on future developments for this mod.

Onto the changes made in this mod
    Better map with more Regions(seleukos Map)
    Improved Battles (Darths gameplay fix 1.6)
    Atillas skins
    Dick and Alxcruels Huns
    All other Factions reskinned by Kali
    All factions enabled
    Roman units can now use shieldwall
    Reduced cost for maintenance of barbarian units
    Larger Hordes that are also more durable allowing them to take more cities than before
    Allemani and Saxons now horde also
    Brigands and Pirates now appear very rarely(they got on my nerves)
    Added extra units to the game to give a bit more urgency to the start
    Many other balancing issues too many to list
    Sprites have been done to improve effect(they are dark as sprites instead of
    nationality colour, i think it works well)
    Many bug fixes since the release of the 2.0 Version

Known bugs.... none i have tested the game heavily but something always finds its way through
    so if you find one please report it on the barbarian invasion forums at either
    www.rometotalrealism.org or www.twcenter.net
    Please Note that this version is not compatable with previous versions save games

Lastly there are some great mods coming out for BI now, Try them all

Thanks
    Have fun

Goth

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Great Idea Goth! It should be easier now for us to enjoy your mod! Good luck!
    BTW, centurion maida, playing goth mod is worth the effort of overwriting RTW 10times!

Diego, from Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Goth
    I think it is getting confusing with the patches so i have reuploaded the entire mod in the 2.3 version and taken a couple of your suggestions on board Empedocles. I have put the version number in one of the start loading screens and rewritten the install instructions so that its easier to understand, I have also included a map.rwm file which will install into the correct folder so there is no need to delete the map.rwm file any longer. All you have to do now is download the mod , Extract to a new folder copy the bi and data folders in the new folder and paste them into the main Rome total war folder(not the rome total war bi folder).

Here is the new download - http://rapidshare.de/files/15036363/...s_2.3.rar.html

The other download site will be up and running asap

And here is the new readme file that comes with the mod

Goths All factions Mod V2.3 for Rome Total War barbarian Invasion V1.6

You need a clean install of Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion that has the official 1.6
    patch installed(when we say clean install we mean an install that has no mods already installed
    on it).
    The official BI 1.6 patch can be downloaded here http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

To install you need to unpack the rar file with Winrar to a neutral folder (make a new folder
    and call it Goths Mod). In this folder you should now have this readme file a folder called data
    and a folder called bi
    If you do not have winrar download the trial version from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    Copy both folders and paste both of them into your main Rome Total War folder(thats the folder
    that has the RomeTW.exe file and the RomeTW-BI.exe file in it).
    Thats it there is nothing more to do except start the game and play, You no longer need to
    delete the map.rwm file as the correct one has been included in this install.

Firstly a bit about this mod, it came about as a suggestion from Jaguar on the Rome Total Realism
    Forums to enable the slav faction in BI. After completing this (Slavmod) I decided to do a mod
    enabling all the factions (Goths All Factions Mod). This mod is a continuation of those earlier
    Mods and has now gained popularity and has many contributions from different modders
    I cannot claim credit for this mod myself because other mods by very talented modders play
    a big part in it. All i have done is tie them together and add my own touches.
    So massive thanks go firstly to Seleukos whos map this mod uses, the map is nicely balanced and very challenging
    Secondly to Darth Vader for his gamplay fix 1.6 which vastly improves combat in the battles
    Third is Archer as I use his excellent Skymod for better lighting in battles
    Fourth are Dick and Alxcruel who created the new Hunnic models and skins and also to Maksim for aquiring them for us.
    Fifth is Atilla Reloaded whos skins that are used in this Mod are the best i have ever seen(his
    skins cover the WRE,ERE,Franks,Saxons,Romano Brits,Celts and Sassanid Persians)
    Sixth is Kali who has reskinned all the remaining Bi models with gorgeous shields and armour

A big thankyou also needs to go to Viper1980 who is working hard on future developments for this mod.

Onto the changes made in this mod
    Better map with more Regions(seleukos Map)
    Improved Battles (Darths gameplay fix 1.6)
    Atillas skins
    Dick and Alxcruels Huns
    All other Factions reskinned by Kali
    All factions enabled
    Roman units can now use shieldwall
    Reduced cost for maintenance of barbarian units
    Larger Hordes that are also more durable allowing them to take more cities than before
    Allemani and Saxons now horde also
    Brigands and Pirates now appear very rarely(they got on my nerves)
    Added extra units to the game to give a bit more urgency to the start
    Many other balancing issues too many to list
    Sprites have been done to improve effect(they are dark as sprites instead of
    nationality colour, i think it works well)
    Many bug fixes since the release of the 2.0 Version

Known bugs.... none i have tested the game heavily but something always finds its way through
    so if you find one please report it on the barbarian invasion forums at either
    www.rometotalrealism.org or www.twcenter.net
    Please Note that this version is not compatable with previous versions save games

Lastly there are some great mods coming out for BI now, Try them all

Thanks
    Have fun

Goth

Hey I did exactly as you said and the game still crashed on me upon startup, what am I doing wrong?

Hi Centurion
    To be honest i dont know whats wrong, I have just reinstalled bi myself , added the 1.6 patch then added the mod as described and it works perfect.
    Can you tell me what language version of bi you are playing? also can you tell me at which point its crashing? is it before the game credits start?.
    If you try reinstalling again but write down at every step what you are doing and where you are pasting files then i can try to see if you are doing something wrong. Remember when you are pasting the bi and data files that they need to be pasted into the rome total war folder and not the rometotal war bi folder. Also once you have reinstalled bi and added the 1.6 patch, test the game before you add the mod. I will try to help as much as i can

Thanks
    Goth