Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

It seems that horde units for saxons ,franks and alemanni are using alot of vanilla graphics , the next patch will put all these right so these factions use the proper skins when they are horde units. I am going to wait about a week to fix it in case any more bugs are reported.

Thanks

Goth

Laetus

Ok tks Goth

Warmap 1.4 is very very very very very....... 1000x splendid - for your next version ^^

Yes, I'm going to play some now, and I let you know if I find anything. Once again, this is really what BI needed. Now you don't have to avoid fighting some factions just because you can't stand the "Disney" colours...

Will there be new banners for the next version? Especially the Sassanids, Berbers and Romans need new ones. And Goths... And Franks. Come to think of it, they all need new banners. ;-)

keep the suggestions coming as i am interested in these ideas. I have heard about Warmap and it sounds very interesting i will have to download it and look for myself but as for version 3 being based on it i would have to get permission from the maker.
    New Banners etc are something i would like to do for version 3 also like to create a new building that you have to build before being able to recruit troops in captured territories (like they have in RTR). And would also like 4 turns per year, skymod and realistic treesize mod.
    For now i am just going to concentrate on making this mod as error free as possible. Once that has been achieved i will start work on version 3.
    I have really enjoyed making this mod.

Goth

Goth, BI-WarMap II is still in beta and does contain errors/bugs. As it is still being developed it is not available for sub-mods yet. I would suggest waiting until the mod is finished and then you can release a sub-mod for it. i.e. just your modified files to be added to an existing version of the mod. With a detailed read me of all changes so any problems/bugs can be easily identified and corrected.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmm this mod ****s up when i wanna play as ostgoths, and become slavs instead:S
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Are you saying that you choose to play the ostrogoths and when you start the game you are the slavs instead? nobody else has reported such a problem and i havent experienced it either. Try reinstalling on a clean install of bi. I think you are having a conflict between files

Goth

Yeah must be it, when i play as sassanids i become slavs, when i play as goths, either it dont work ore it become slavs:S
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Oh, please don't create those "auxilia" buildings that takes forever to recruit decent units. Besides, the world ( Europe + North Africa, Western Russia and Asia Minor ) has changed quite a bit since 280 B.C. Many of the so called barbarian factions were romanized and considered themselves to be Romans, and were not strangers to Roman authority.

Here's some suggestions:

- Change Vandals and Goths ( Ostro- och Visigoths ) to barbarian culture since these were germanic peoples, not Asians like the Huns.

- Add happiness bonus to hippodrome and circus maximus ( the race track somewhat repaced the vanishing gladiatorial games of ancient Rome ).

- Make the cities more developed from the start. One should not have to start to build roads and markets etc. in regions that had been a part of the Roman world for hundreds of years.

- Make exclusive cities like Rome, Constantinople, Athens etc.

- Proper slavic names for the slavs.

- More "eastern"-like units ( AOR & mercenaries ) to recruit for the ERE and more germanic for the WRE.

I hope you manage to solve it habelo, I know that other mods can cause this mod not to work if this mod is installed over the top of them so that is all i can think that has happened. Basically this mod is working spot on now , the only problems i am aware of so far is that some units that horde are using vanilla units and thats easy to fix. And the videos for eliminated factions are not showing(and thats proving a head scratcher . ) But the game is very playable as both these bugs are minor. let me know how you go getting it working.

Good suggestions joar, If you dont like the idea of auxilia buildings then i will leave them out. It was just a thought anyway . Slavic names i agree with , I tried them once before and got lots of problems but have more experience now. keep the ideas coming

Thanks

Goth

Oh, and please remove/disable the "machine gun" assault towers...

I experienced three CTD's yesterday: one in 411, second in 414 and third in 426. It was when I clicked the turn button.

I have had these kind of crashes myself but funnily enough not while playing this mod. I wonder if it is a problem with BI itself. I am in an advanced stage of the game hit the turn button and the game crashes , I reload the game click continue campaign do exactly the same thing and this time it works. It could be a problem in BIs AI(upto this point I always thought it was my machine not liking RTW.
    As for the rapid fire siege towers they are fixed by darths gameplayfix 1.6 . I have noticed they dont fire anywhere near as fast as they used to. Are you still getting machine gun fire from the towers?

Goth

Oh, yes I sure do. The machine guns wiped out 2/3's of a cohort for me yesterday.

Yeah i kinda hate those machine guns, they shoot down your own units
    If there are an enemy fleeing in the mittle of your unit, you better take cover before the machine gun have suecided your own unit
    Anyway, is there some way to mod so you can make like "aint shooting while in battle" ore something?=)

Hahahah, sorry for laughing. well this is something i have not modded before but if i can find out what to alter before i release patch 2.2 i will include it for sure.

Thanks
    Goth

I'm having a problem. When I click 'start new campaign' after selecting a faction, it takes me back to the previous screen. I installed over a clean BI patched to 1.6, any idea about what could be wrong?
    God of Thunder
    Who cracks the sky
    Swing your Hammer
    Way up high

Yes i know what is wrong god of thunder. You need to delete the file called map.rwm which can be found in the Rome Total War/bi/data/world/maps/base folder otherwise the game will not work.

Have fun mate and dont forget to add the 2.1.1 patch to your game too(can be found in the 1st post)

Goth

Thanks Goth, it works now. I already added the 2.1.1 patch
    God of Thunder
    Who cracks the sky
    Swing your Hammer
    Way up high

Hey Goth so far so good after the patch , havent experienced any crashes but my game has locked up a couple times, during the ostrogoths movement it just hung, so i had to reboot, then it happend again with the WRE, any ideas???
    "Fear is the mind killer" Children of Dune
    Always hope for the best and expect the worst...

Thats a similar problem to what joar has been having. I have had these kind of lockups and crashes myself in Rome total war and bi without any modding so i have a feeling it is down to the game engine but just in case can you email me the autosave of just before it happens so i can investigate. If it is down to the mod i will do my best to find and fix it.

Thanks monte

Goth