Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Default Goths All Factions V2.4 for BI 1.6 Released

Goths All factions Mod V2.4 for Rome Total War barbarian Invasion V1.6

You need a clean install of Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion that has the official 1.6
    patch installed(when we say clean install we mean an install that has no mods already installed
    on it).
    The official BI 1.6 patch can be downloaded here http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

To install you need to unpack the rar file with Winrar to a neutral folder (make a new folder
    and call it Goths Mod). In this folder you should now have this readme file a folder called data
    and a folder called bi
    If you do not have winrar download the trial version from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    Copy both folders and paste both of them into your main Rome Total War folder(thats the folder
    that has the RomeTW.exe file and the RomeTW-BI.exe file in it).
    Thats it there is nothing more to do except start the game and play, You no longer need to
    delete the map.rwm file as the correct one has been included in this install.

*********DOWNLOAD********
    **Many thanks to Jackwei for uploading the Mod**
    here is the download you need the file goths all factions 2.4.1.exe :-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4304

Another download Courtesy of Bagasurtasha
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A...ew?usp=sharing
    Extract with Winrar then copy\paste the files into your bi\data folder

Change Log
    Better map with more Regions(Thanks go to Seleukos for his map).
    Improved Battles (Darths gameplay fix 1.6).
    Roman, Saxon, Frank, Sassanid, Celt and Romano Brit skins by Atilla Reloaded.
    Dick and Alxcruel's Hun skins.
    All other factions reskinned and modelled by Ramon Gonzalez y Garcia and Goth.
    Many shield designs supplied by Kali.
    All skins have been painstakingly reshaded to increase battlefield realism.
    Viper1980's new mercenary pool and game balancing tweaks included.
    Archer's Skymod included.
    Orrieboi's Realistic tree mod 1.1 included.
    Piko's new minimap colours included.
    All factions enabled.
    Roman units can now use shieldwall.
    Reduced cost for maintenance of barbarian units.
    Larger hordes that are also more durable allowing them to take more cities than before.
    Allemani and Saxons now horde.
    Brigands and Pirates now appear very rarely (they got on my nerves).
    Added extra units to the game to give a bit more urgency to the start.
    I have also completely rebalanced the game, it has been thoroughly tested and it works well I think.
    Sprites have been done to improve effect (they are dark as sprites instead of nationality colour, I think it works well).
    Many bug fixes since the release of the 2.3 Version.
    In fact it hardly resembles vanilla BI.

Known bugs.... none i have tested the game heavily but something always finds its way through
    so if you find one please report it on the barbarian invasion forums at either
    www.rometotalrealism.org or www.twcenter.net
    Please Note that this version is not compatable with previous versions save games

Lastly there are some great mods coming out for BI now, Try them all

Thanks
    Have fun

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; July 01, 2017 at 01:11 PM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Err goth, your link says file not found.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

SAme here
    "Fear is the mind killer" Children of Dune
    Always hope for the best and expect the worst...

It sounds great though. I've been tearing my hair out at the problem of being unable to combine some of these great mod's (Skin and technical) together.

This mod freakin rocks man!!

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

The link in the first post doesn't work.
    I followed your topic in the rometotalrealism forums and there it's OK.
    I copy it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/11321447/...r_1.6.rar.html

Diego, from Argentina
    Last edited by Empedocles; January 18, 2006 at 08:36 PM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Okey i've installed it. Everything seems to work but the only problem is pretty big. It seems the icons and buttons are completly screwed up! I was playing the Romano-Brits and i noticed that instead of the RB icon in the HUD i saw the Seleucid icon! And when i zoomed in on hte minimap the + and - signs turned into the faction icons for carthage and Macedon. Also when i ended turn i saw that all the other factions' icons had vanilla icons. Its a mess!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    Okey i've installed it. Everything seems to work but the only problem is pretty big. It seems the icons and buttons are completly screwed up! I was playing the Romano-Brits and i noticed that instead of the RB icon in the HUD i saw the Seleucid icon! And when i zoomed in on hte minimap the + and - signs turned into the faction icons for carthage and Macedon. Also when i ended turn i saw that all the other factions' icons had vanilla icons. Its a mess!
    Wow that is a big problem...are you sure you installed it right, cause im playin thr Romano-Brits too but everything is good over here

Hi Celt I think you have either installed it wrong or installed it over another mod and getting a conflict. My install works fine. I would try installing over a fresh install of Bi , good luck mate.

Thanks to everyone for reporting the broken link, it is fixed now, I have no excuse other than it was late last night and i had been working on the mod for 10 hours and got tired and sloppy.
    I have all these people waiting for the mod and then i fall at the last hurdle

anyway have fun guys
    Goth

...just what the doctor ordered! Thanks Gothie!

Great mod Goth, so far the only thng thats weird is when a faction is eliminated the cinematic doesnt show, its black. I thought this was just a random thing but so far another faction was eliminated and same thing happend, but other than co bugs, id say your mod is pretty clean

Need to give this a try
    Btw it will work with Playerone bug fix for v1.6?

I've installed it now, and it looks nice. But every once a while I get these CTD's, both in custom battle and when fighting it out on the campaign map. It's very random. I installed it on a clean BI 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar
    I've installed it now, and it looks nice. But every once a while I get these CTD's, both in custom battle and when fighting it out on the campaign map. It's very random. I installed it on a clean BI 1.6.
    I think i have found the problem joar . there were 3 spelling mistakes in descr_model_battle.txt (basically i had written warlord instead of warlords) that were causing the ctd. I have also taken the opportunity of rectifying a non ctd error in export_descr_unit.txt .
    I am calling this patch 2.1. its only 30k long for downloading . sorry for any inconvenience everyone but just copy and paste these 2 files into your BI\data folder and you should be ok. Any more ctd bugs please post em with as much info about when where it happened and the factions involved and that way i can get patch out asap. I am still looking into why no faction eliminated videos are working but i will keep looking.

***patch 2.1.1*** Download here http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...=0#entry168511
    You will find the patch in the first post

Thanks

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; January 20, 2006 at 02:02 AM.

OK, Goth, thanks. I will do it asap ( in the morning ).

Another thing, the ERE Clibinarii "disappers" when you're not close to it. The same with the heavy archers. I guess it has something to do with sprites?

I have posted some screenshots(I cant get them to work here) just click on the link below

http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...0&#entry169175

Goth

I also experienced those random crashes, I can still continue my campaign with the patch right???

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

hmmm 2 questions:

first of all please could you host the downloads somewhere else as well? everyone seems to use rapidshare lately....78 minutes to wait until I can dl the patch

2nd I tried to search for the spelling mistakes you talked about so I can test the mod a bit until I can dl the patch....so I haven't tested it yet but I found several lines with another spelling mistake... "romno-britishc.tga" just thought I'd mention that, dunno if it causes a ctd.

ok, so finally thanks for the mod, gonna test it now.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Playing as the Romano-Brits, I noticed that when i conqueor new cities I cant seem to recruit my advanced heavy infantry, this is with the army barracks and urban barracks. The only cities i can recruit all my units are the two cities i started out with, dunno if thats how its supposed to be or a bug.

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

hmmmm....something very strange happened to me. I got a CTD fighting against the Sasanids as ERE.

So, i tested all units in custom battle mode and well...it works BUT whenever I use Clibanarii vs Camel Raiders i get a CTD. If I use those units vs something else it works. how can this happen? I mean I do know how to mod the files if there's something wrong with the skin but I never saw something like this.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast