Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: World Map Mod

Default Re: World Map Mod

Mountains: Yes
    Forests: No, I think that where trees are at is defined by a completely different file, which I don't know how to edit.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus

Errrrr......on a related note, is there anyway to download the original files that this mod overwrites? The mod causes the game to crash immediately after it loading up. I didn't put the original files in the correct place and ended up confusing the mod files with the originals so now there really isn't any other way to fix it......I don't want to reinstall the game either because I'd have to pay for DLC all over again.

Edit: I found out the exact issue. Is there anyway to download the original region.esf file?
    Last edited by Rebelyell; March 28, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

This is mindblowing. I remember, back before Empire came out, before we learned it was nearly impossible to mod, when we tried to put together a Whole World mod. Still seems a good bit of work before that's feasible, but this is a HUGE new step!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    This is mindblowing. I remember, back before Empire came out, before we learned it was nearly impossible to mod, when we tried to put together a Whole World mod. Still seems a good bit of work before that's feasible, but this is a HUGE new step!
    Amen. With a bit more work, maybe Switzerland could be added into that black hole in the Alps.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

WOW!!! And La Plata? Or Buenos Aires can be made?

Very nice! If they ever crack the regions, you sir will be a god of gods! My Fav thing about empire was the huge theatres of war, atm I'm greedily rubbing my hands together thinking about the possibility of conquering the entire world, Fighting Zulus, Australia colonies, brazil tribes (If their any left in this period) or maybe the Chinese and Japanese **** its got me exicted just praying for the regions and colonies!
    Last edited by PrinceJohn; March 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

OH MY GOD +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

what's up people i'm here to report a problem. that happened when i've changed the regions.esf it bugged my indian battlefield in campaign making the trees,buildings and ground dissapear. without it the battlefield get back to normal the world map still working normal too but i can only see the normal theaters. the bug only happened when i've changed the regions.esf so it's better everybody make a backup before change it good luck and now please make south america now i'm dreaming in see my country in the game. i will canot play. but see it will be good

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusAntonius View Post
    what's up people i'm here to report a problem. that happened when i've changed the regions.esf it bugged my indian battlefield in campaign making the trees,buildings and ground dissapear. without it the battlefield get back to normal the world map still working normal too but i can only see the normal theaters. the bug only happened when i've changed the regions.esf so it's better everybody make a backup before change it good luck and now please make south america now i'm dreaming in see my country in the game. i will canot play. but see it will be good
    Interesting, didn't noticed that, do you know if that is happening only in India or is it happening in other theaters too?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

it's only in india in campaign. the custom battle was normal and the other theaters too. its just with the regions esf the other packs still ther working normal

Ei Fortes, with this new map, the commercial routes will end? Or will depend some other mods?

The trade routs doesn't end, you just can't see them in the new areas that I've added.

Darkpriest667's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    The trade routs doesn't end, you just can't see them in the new areas that I've added.

Really wish you guys could get the mod tools from CA that were mentioned over 2 years ago. That certainly would help you guys. Possibly give you the ability to create new regions and extend the trade routes.
    In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    MOBO:ASrock Fatal1ty p67 professional series
    RAM: Gskill 16380MB @ 1600mhz
    GPU: XFX 6970 2048MB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
    HDD: 2 x Samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB each
    ODD: Asus DVD Burner 22x

Hey guys, just wanted to tell that I'll try to release a new version soon, mainly textures to Indochina

Very very very nice. This mod is the greatest
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Teleros's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Fortes View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to tell that I'll try to release a new version soon, mainly textures to Indochina
    Good stuff .
    Clear ether!

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod is really frustrating, in facts.

It is like to see a cake behind a window, you can see it but you can not catch it.

Same thing with the WM mod, you can see the new territories, but you can not move your troops in the new territories.

Shame on you, body, for being so rude with us!

Nevertheless, I can prevent me from loving this mod!

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

a man can dream...a man can dream
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi