Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: The TWC Art Gallery

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

This community never ceases to amaze me! We must have everything here. Erudites, political geniuses, and now artists!
    Lord Rahl, the level of detail in your pictures is simply amazing! I like the Smaug picture the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    I really wish I didn't suck so much at drawing. It would be cool to be able to draw things I envision.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I often have these really 'picturesque' ideas and it sucks not being able to put them on paper.
    I have the same frustration with moviecsenes. I can often imagine entire scripts for scenes or short sequences of a movie, down to music and camera angles, and I can never turn them into 'reality'.

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

heres a spear, its really plain due to the lack of the detail but i'm trying to give it more yet i do not have much ideas. Any of you guys got some ideas?

WOW, Lord Rahl your drawings are excellent i wish i could draw as good as you.......
    Last edited by rayzzz; January 19, 2006 at 04:51 AM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Even more Samurai

Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Heres one of mine, a Spartan hoplite fighting a persian

New pics on 24/4/2007

mithradetes's Avatar Miles

the muscle tone is a little overdramatic but i wish i could i could be a little more dramatic with the physical features in my pictures

here is one i drew earlier today when i got bored in computer class
    "soldiers don't cry over girls"
    Last edited by mithradetes; January 19, 2006 at 09:25 PM.
    "What the ? I told you to put him in guard and you do a forward roll? You can take that summersault and shove it up your ass!"
    -Renzo Gracie

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Sorry mithradetes, but I can't see the picture.

And yes bestantreas the arm is pretty overdone, but else quet nice.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

this is the improved version of "soldiers don't cry over girls"
    "What the ? I told you to put him in guard and you do a forward roll? You can take that summersault and shove it up your ass!"
    -Renzo Gracie

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I don't see it.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Siblesz made this a year and some months back:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11767665/fanart.ppt.html

enjoy!

"Soldiers Don't Cry Over Girls" with a back ground and foreground improvements
    -Renzo Gracie

Nice drawing, I like it. Can you put a helmet on the guy in the front, it would be much better, to see him crying inside the helmet!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

i've made a few more improvements to it now, and it's finally done, but i'm not gonna put a helmet on him cause it'll take to much erasing and stuff, i have got a couple of drawings i plan to post though when i get my scanner back to working
    -Renzo Gracie

An Irish Deaisbard concept drawing for the mod, Arthurian: Total War. Support it!

Along with unit drawings like this one, I hope to start putting in my own Ancient-Medieval art sooner or later. Thoughts?

~Sher Khan

We always tend to get the same boring impression of armor in the medieval and ancient period (Everybody in muscled cuirass, then everyone in lorcia segmenta, then everyone in simple chainmail duds, then everyone in plate), but this kind of art goes to show the real diversity and quality in different appearances of armor. Very cool.

THIS IS THE FINAL PRODUCT
    "Soldiers don't cry over Girls"
    -Renzo Gracie

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is a sketch that I made three days ago, and I just scanned it to the computer and coloured it because I was bored today.
    Its a Nobili Akris [royal pikemen unit] from the Verien State (my story) during their "Classical" Age.

It doesn't have background because I didn't know what to do, and its just one man. When I do pictures of many soldiers I always make a background so they aren't "floating".

This is a picture I made during my lunch and decided to edit...
    A little something rather.

A daochi swordsman holds a very shiny sword in the Kamari desert, watching out for desert raiders..

"brush the hand of grace"

"father forgive me for i have sinned"

"Command"

"battlefield hella"

plz criticize with honesty
    -Renzo Gracie

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I really like the second one. Especially how you tie it together with the title. It's pretty good. And on the third one........the guy's chest looks kind of......what's the word?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I just realized that I accidentally deleted the layer where I fixed the lighting and lack of shadow near the rocks.
    I saved it after I broke it... Again!
    Anyway, I hope that some day I'll be able to draw lots of proportional humans.
    Its also nice to see that other people are still posting in the art gallery!