Thread: The TWC Art Gallery

Default Re: The TWC Art Gallery

lord rahl nice work, i think there is just too much sharpness to the whole image though, especially around the planets
    "I have not escaped punishment, as some may imagine; I am punished every hour I live for the folly of my life, and what it drove me to do. My enemy and I were mined from the same mortal seam; cast into the same furnace of creation, our images impressed on opposite sides of the same coin, separate, but not distinct, conjoined by some fatal alchemy. I killed him; but in doing so, I killed the best part of myself." -E.G.

i am working on my modeling skills, a month before i just couldnt make heads and face, now i can

Last edited by Yosemite; January 16, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Dr. Manhattan?
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Hey Yosemite, ...

Solrac's Avatar Decanus

made some progress (not on that spot if you know what i mean)

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Drew this entirely by freehand/freemouse on MS Paint, rather than overlaying photographs and whatnot.
    Basically, Maximilian von Compton at age 17, in the paramilitary uniform of the National Humanist Imperial Labour Party.

At an early age, Prince Maximilian of the Terran Empire was an open National Humanist, and after being invested as Crown Prince of the Terran Empire in 6267, was elected General-Secretary of the party within the next month. Around half of the Imperial Parliament were members of the National Humanists, the only legal party of the Empire, and Maximilian's election as head of the party, and appointment as Prime Minister of the Empire, gave him enormous power and experience as a governing ruler; he made a name for himself as a powerful orator, and an hawkish advocate of war against the alien races of the Milky Way. This opportunity came with an all-out galactic conflict between two powerhouse alliances in December of 6267.
    Maximilian's father, Francis Charles, would tragically die in battle a year later, and the young 18-year old Prince Maximilian would take the throne; within seven years of his coronation, he would galvanize the collective human war effort, and reorganize a conquered galaxy as a centralized dictatorship which, while holding National Humanism as the state ideology, would not abide political parties of any sort. Maximilian would tolerate no mixed loyalties in his new Central Galactic Union.
    However, much of the National Humanist's membership would be subsumed into the government, its symbols and colours appropriated as those of the State, and the paramilitary arm would serve as the template for the Union's dreaded security force, the Stormguard.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Great pic
    Drew this entirely by freehand/freemouse on MS Paint, rather than overlaying photographs and whatnot.
    Basically, Maximilian von Compton at age 17, in the paramilitary uniform of the National Humanist Imperial Labour Party.

At an early age, Prince Maximilian of the Terran Empire was an open National Humanist, and after being invested as Crown Prince of the Terran Empire in 6267, was elected General-Secretary of the party within the next month. Around half of the Imperial Parliament were members of the National Humanists, the only legal party of the Empire, and Maximilian's election as head of the party, and appointment as Prime Minister of the Empire, gave him enormous power and experience as a governing ruler; he made a name for himself as a powerful orator, and an hawkish advocate of war against the alien races of the Milky Way. This opportunity came with an all-out galactic conflict between two powerhouse alliances in December of 6267.
    Maximilian's father, Francis Charles, would tragically die in battle a year later, and the young 18-year old Prince Maximilian would take the throne; within seven years of his coronation, he would galvanize the collective human war effort, and reorganize a conquered galaxy as a centralized dictatorship which, while holding National Humanism as the state ideology, would not abide political parties of any sort. Maximilian would tolerate no mixed loyalties in his new Central Galactic Union.
    However, much of the National Humanist's membership would be subsumed into the government, its symbols and colours appropriated as those of the State, and the paramilitary arm would serve as the template for the Union's dreaded security force, the Stormguard.
    You made that up? You must have a lot of free time.

Well, me and my friend made it up. And yeah, we do have a lot of free time.
    It's part of a huge sci-fi epic story we've been working on for years. I posted up a timeline of events prior to the story itself on AH.com, as a reference guide of sorts. I've talked about it here quite a bit, especially in this thread where I've posted a lot of pics related to it.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Battlefield 2142, anyone???

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

You're talented holger

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Battlefield 2142, anyone???

Sweet!!! Very nice.

You are getting really good at this modelling stuff, Holger
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

sup guis

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    You are getting really good at this modelling stuff, Holger
    Thanks Had a lot of practice too over the past couple of years..

Here's my latest contribution to the Infinity community.

It should be a fully working and textured model in a few months... Keep your eyes open for YouTube previews!

And this is all on SketchUp, Holger? Way cool.

Yep I tried Blender but failed epic at it..

A brief biography to accompany a character drawing. Again, from that story.
    Paul Albert Rudolph Lanning, better known as simply Rudolph Lanning.
    Date of Birth: June 17, 6248.
    Place of Birth: Berlin, Earth.

Son of an old Terran family with a long military tradition, Rudolph Lanning was raised around the militaristic society of the Terran aristocracy. As such, he enlisted in the Terran Imperial Army after secondary school. After completing the two-year program at the Military Academy in Munich in a year's time, he was commissioned a junior officer in 6267. Serving with distinction during the Great War, he rose through the field officer ranks to become a Colonel by 6270. The next year, Emperor Maximilian brought the brilliant commander onto his staff as a Lieutenant General; within the next half-decade, Lanning rose as the Emperor's most trusted military advisor, and became the leading Field Marshal in the empire as the Chief of the General Staff.
    Lanning's strategic theory resulted in a total shift in army doctrine; rather than using large units and stiff upper-echelon planning, Lanning reorganized the troops into smaller and smaller tactical units, and gave lower officers and NCO's more control over achieving their objectives. Furthermore, he made sure that all Division-level formations were truly combined-arms units with armour, infantry, and artillery regiments; this gave small units massive versatility and capability in the field. The victory in the Great War led to the creation of a new Union- the Central Galactic Union.

Lanning himself was not a very political man, but he had been educated around and raised with the prejudices and beliefs of the preceding generation, and in the military that generally meant human nationalism and a fair degree of aristocratic conservatism. So, when Maximilian's new republic advocated the implementation of National Humanism without the need for political parties, Lanning expressed enthusiastic support. In Maximilian's cabinet, Lanning was made Minister of War and conferred the supreme military rank of Reichsmarschall, as well as keeping his position as the Army Chief of Staff and Chief of the Wehrmacht General Staff. He brought his reforms into the CGU military, and made it into a powerful force of two hundred billion soldiers, which he used effectively to put down a large revolt in the late 6270's. Gradually, as a member of the Union government, he became more and more inclined towards National Humanist ideology.

In 6288, he was given a new task by his Dictator and Führer: to mobilize the Wehrmacht for total war against a new alien enemy: the Zaaroft Imperium. It would prove a daunting task, but one that could very well make him a hero in the eyes of the human race.
    In this picture, he is shown in the uniform of the Reichsmarschall, a pearl-grey open-neck jacket with black lapels and gold piping, under which he wears the regulation brown shirt of the civil service and government. He displays the Cross of Union (left breast pocket), Star of the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross (right breast pocket), Grand Cross of the Iron Cross, and Order Pour le Mérite, along with several award ribbons on the jacket's left breast. He holds the specially-made white Reichsmarschall's baton, in contrast to the red baton of an Army Field Marshal and the blue baton of a Navy Grand Admiral.

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Since we are on the subject of Mechs. Here is another one of mine. Sorry for the loss of detail, I shrunk it down from the original size of 1600 x 1050 so that it would fit on this page.

Last edited by haloband; January 20, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Cool mech.
    I usually make mine a bit more streamlined and whatnot, but it's not exactly realistic that way. Yours is a tad more of a realist mecha design: bulky, short, basically a walking helicopter-gunship. XD