View Poll Results: Your impressions of 2.5?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Technic (launcher, installer) got an improvement (launcher, installer)

20 66.67%
  • Technic (launcher, installer) is now worser then before

3 10.00%
  • Game is now more stable

15 50.00%
  • Game is now more crashing

2 6.67%
  • The artwork now is an improvement (menue, music, introvideo, quotes)

19 63.33%
  • I liked the older artwork more (menue, music, introvideo, quotes)

1 3.33%
  • Campaign Map now is an improvement (region/faction distribution)

18 60.00%
  • I liked the older campaign map more (region/faction distribution)

1 3.33%
  • Diplomatics now are good tuned (war delcarations, overall relationships)

9 30.00%
  • Diplomatics now are bad tuned (war delcarations, overall relationships)

4 13.33%
  • Campaign AI behaviour is now more challenging

12 40.00%
  • Campaign AI behaviour is now less challenging

8 26.67%
  • The new campaign characters & buildings are an improvement

20 66.67%
  • I donīt like the new characters & buildings

1 3.33%
  • Recruitment - & tech - system makes the game more interessting

16 53.33%
  • The vanilla systems where better

1 3.33%
  • Iīm happy with the updated units (most impact on mexico and european major factions)

17 56.67%
  • No, this unit changes are not that good.

3 10.00%
  • Overall i would say this update worth it.

24 80.00%
  • Overall i would say this update do not worth it.

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ACW 2.5 Feedback

Default Re: ACW 2.5 Feedback

Thanks for this.
    The real deal why i take papal states and not savoy is because the are protected in the first turns by surrounding minor states. Sure what i have can do where to rename savoy and change the flag. that was an failure. This was the fastest way to implement this. Will be improved in 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Thanks for this.
    The real deal why i take papal states and not savoy is because the are protected in the first turns by surrounding minor states. Sure what i have can do where to rename savoy and change the flag. that was an failure. This was the fastest way to implement this. Will be improved in 3.0
    wow...thanks a lot for ur kind and quick cooperation!!

greats
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

...There are multiple threads running, but I just post all here...
    1...Firstly, I’m no Unit Modeller...Do the amount of model LOD’s make a difference?
    ...I am noticing some camera lag around the colored units...(frapped)
    ...is this because all 4 animated LOD’s (since 2.5) are running off just 1 unitmodels/Union_Black_Infantry_lod1.variant_weighted_mesh
    whereas before they had 4 seperate lods 1,2,3,4, of unitmodels/Euro_Light_Infantry_lodxxxxx.variant_weighted_mesh?....just curious?

2...if you have permission to use Darthmod...Ask Lord Vader (out of forum courtesy first, or to get permission to replicate the DM ideas etc ) to adjust your ACW unit stats...especially deployment ranks, rank and file spacing/R & F dismounted /max unit cap Size @ 300 for Ultra settings (large = 225, medium will give you 150) etc...previously (2.5) you hadn’t adjusted your ACW stats to match Darthmod stats...
    3...Curious to see what the new defensive Earthworks Model Hinkel hinted at in screenshots looks like?
    4...Keep up the good work...it will all come together nicely

hey

1) This was an emergency fix,otherwise the look like zombies because we encountered there was a mix up with textures. So we set to all 4 LODīs the highest working one. Will be corrected in 3.0
    2) The only thing what not match "darthmod stats" are 2-3 ranks but the are needed here since b&g is an mod with focus on historic correctness. So itīs not my decision. And ultra unitsizes makes this only worser.
    An army in ETW with an unitsize of 150 will every time work better then one with an unitsize of 400, even with darthmod. This is the reason why i also will recommend medium size in my Indian Mutiny project. You get with this setting an much better acting BAI.

He, and you could post this screen into the POTW submission

Just played my first battle with the mod. A fantastic, fresh, immersive experience. On to the campaign now.

I wanna thank you all in the name of the B&G team for your kind words, feedback (if positive or negative), suggestions and votings.
    This thread will be closed soon as we will bring a new thread for 2.6 feedback then.

Cheers, Shokh

ar there gonna bay two ranks fire
    i dont mean fire volley

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    ar there gonna bay two ranks fire
    i dont mean fire volley
    The rank fire that is ingame is not the same, as it was used in the civil war. There were other fireing styles, which can't be represented in game.

Its not possible to do new fire styles, so we use the most common used in the civil war.. fire at will and volley fire.
    Last edited by Hinkel; February 02, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

When. Come. 3.0 out and. Is. 3.0 the. Same.as. 3.0beta

This thread is only for 2.5 feedback rohan. We have no release date yet.

Well the mod played smooth for awhile but the further i got into it the buggier it got.First it started to freeze up on turns.Then every once and awhile it would crash to desk top.Now at 1863 turn 35 the game crashes to desk top everytime i try to start it up.It is unplayable now.I have to start over.It was good for about 25 turns the went down hill from there.

I find that the tech and building armies to slow for the time allotted for the 4 year war.Tech during the civil war was fast in development then.They went from musket rifles to repeaters by the end.

Can't build very much cavalry and the confederates seem to have the upper hand in hand to hand with equal type troops.I had 3 units of union regular infantry hand to hand with 1 confederate regular infantry and lost.Thats not quite the balance i like.I think to really enjoy this mod faster tech and building huge armies would make it better.Also i think increasing the turns per year would make it more enjoyable to.

1860 Henry Rifle

Burnside Carbine

Cavalry

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Donald/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

Springfield Model 1861

Lead Minnie bullets for the Enfield and Springfield including (4) a Williams cleaner bullet

1855 Springfield Musket

2-band Enfield Musketoon

Pattern 1853 Enfield

Austrian Lorenz Rifle

Sharps rifle

Colt Revolving Rifle

Burnside Carbine

Henry Rifle

Spencer repeating rifle

Hall rifle

The Kentucky rifle is an example of a hunting weapon adapted for military use by Confederate sharpshooters.

Civil War units look awesome Very nice work.

But I took Richmond on the 7th turn, it was too easy.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You can reach Richmond within one turn on that small campaign map, so you have to limited yourself a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    Civil War units look awesome Very nice work.

But I took Richmond on the 7th turn, it was too easy.
    This mod should be played with house rules..
    Just don't rush, let the AI a year to build up etc... dont be aggressiv and don't rush the enemy.

There are many house rules in the download thread btw

Any other house-rules?
    1. Do not (excessive) use trading theaters.
    2. Do not exploit military access for attacks.
    3. Do not avoid enemy armies when you go for their settlement
    4. Do not buy or steal techs
    5. Roleplay your faction in diplomacy
    6. Do not load after a battle lost
    7. Do not use Pause in battles
    8. Do not rush
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Laetus

Why is the Mexican Empire so big, because in 1861, Mexico was not an empire, but a republic; also, they went from the Rio Grande to North Guatemala, just like today, same borders as the current. New Mexico belonged to the United States. You are probably confusing the borders of Mexico with the ones in 1821, which were not so in 1861. All those nations in Central America were under control of Mexico in 1821, but in 1823 they all declared independence. Panama was controlled by Columbia and Venezuala was its own country. Also, Benito Jaurez was the President of Mexico from 1858 to 1864, to which King Maximillian von Bavaria replaced him, and the Second Mexican Empire was established. Also, France and Britain are at war, which is totally inaccurate, they had indifferent relations to each other at the time. Also, France and Britain was friendly to the South and unfriendly to the North, it is the opposite in this mod. In addition, why is the CSA an absolute monarchy??? It may be because you took it from the Cherokee Tribes, who can't be a Republic, but what do I know?

As for Europe, the German Empire was established in 1871, but from 1848-1871, they were a Constitutional Monarchy, the Kingdom of Prussia, having the same flag as the vanilla version of the game. Here's a map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ac.prussiamap3.gif.

Norway is its own country as well.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY: focus on separating the Mexican Empire into its true form, using emergent factions to fill the places that don't have factions, also make sure Panama and Columbia are one country.

The Emperor of France is Napoleon III, not Napoleon XVI.

Why is France and Britain hostile to Russia? They love each other.

Also, the Russian Empire controlled Dagestan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Courland, this game says differently.

I could be an ACW mod team historian, if you want.

PS Why do you not ever get any regular infantry for the first 30+ turns before researching the tech that allows it? Fighting with mere militia isn't very fun when you're Union and the Confederates have regulars.
    Last edited by AdmiralZebulon; February 17, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

We told in many places this all factions beside CSA & Union are not supported.
    The get their units step by step in next versions.

We also know about history from Mexico, donīt know if you read it but we stated out that we have to do some altered history for Germany, Italy and Mexico for technical aspects.
    This was an compromise.

But thanks for your feedback, every time welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralZebulon View Post
    Why is the Mexican Empire so big, because in 1861, Mexico was not an empire, but a republic; also, they went from the Rio Grande to North Guatemala, just like today, same borders as the current. New Mexico belonged to the United States. You are probably confusing the borders of Mexico with the ones in 1821, which were not so in 1861. All those nations in Central America were under control of Mexico in 1821, but in 1823 they all declared independence. Panama was controlled by Columbia and Venezuala was its own country. Also, Benito Jaurez was the President of Mexico from 1858 to 1864, to which King Maximillian von Bavaria replaced him, and the Second Mexican Empire was established. Also, France and Britain are at war, which is totally inaccurate, they had indifferent relations to each other at the time. Also, France and Britain was friendly to the South and unfriendly to the North, it is the opposite in this mod. In addition, why is the CSA an absolute monarchy??? It may be because you took it from the Cherokee Tribes, who can't be a Republic, but what do I know?

As for Europe, the German Empire was established in 1871, but from 1848-1871, they were a Constitutional Monarchy, the Kingdom of Prussia, having the same flag as the vanilla version of the game. Here's a map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ac.prussiamap3.gif.

Norway is its own country as well.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY: focus on separating the Mexican Empire into its true form, using emergent factions to fill the places that don't have factions, also make sure Panama and Columbia are one country.

The Emperor of France is Napoleon III, not Napoleon XVI.

Why is France and Britain hostile to Russia? They love each other.

Also, the Russian Empire controlled Dagestan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Courland, this game says differently.

I could be an ACW mod team historian, if you want.

PS Why do you not ever get any regular infantry for the first 30+ turns before researching the tech that allows it? Fighting with mere militia isn't very fun when you're Union and the Confederates have regulars.
    Thank you for your feedback, I try to answer some of your questions:

1) Regular infantry:

We have a new recruitment system, which is explained in the download thread. So its important to read it complete, to get an overview on the mod..

You need a command center (like brigade, division or corp headquarter) to recruit better units, militia or volunteers are recruitable just in the big province cities, the better ones in the smaller cities with command center or armories. Just have a look in the download thread and you will find how it works.

2) The other nations

Personelly, I'm not interested on other nations in this mod. For version 2.5, other factions aren't supported in no way! For gameplay reasons, we can't delete other nations so we made some big powers (like germany) powerfull and based on 1870. So germany will always destroy the smaller german states first and build the german empire. But this can't be insert in the campaign (like changing the name into german empire after a while), so we changed prussia directly into the german empire.

So thats the same for all the other factions too. We havent worked on them, so they have other names or other country borders. This mod will just support CSA and USA and the civil war, other factions won't get any big attention.

For the upcoming version 3.0, other nations might get some new units, but they won't get the support to make them playable or 100% historical.

We have a submod forum, so if you would like to make every country in 1861 situation, you are allowed to make your own submod

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, I try to answer some of your questions:

1) Regular infantry:

We have a new recruitment system, which is explained in the download thread. So its important to read it complete, to get an overview on the mod..

You need a command center (like brigade, division or corp headquarter) to recruit better units, militia or volunteers are recruitable just in the big province cities, the better ones in the smaller cities with command center or armories. Just have a look in the download thread and you will find how it works.

2) The other nations

Personelly, I'm not interested on other nations in this mod. For version 2.5, other factions aren't supported in no way! For gameplay reasons, we can't delete other nations so we made some big powers (like germany) powerfull and based on 1870. So germany will always destroy the smaller german states first and build the german empire. But this can't be insert in the campaign (like changing the name into german empire after a while), so we changed prussia directly into the german empire.

So thats the same for all the other factions too. We havent worked on them, so they have other names or other country borders. This mod will just support CSA and USA and the civil war, other factions won't get any big attention.

For the upcoming version 3.0, other nations might get some new units, but they won't get the support to make them playable or 100% historical.

We have a submod forum, so if you would like to make every country in 1861 situation, you are allowed to make your own submod
    Okay, well I was wondering about the government of the CSA, it was a Republic in 1861, but in the game, it's an Absolute Monarchy, with Jefferson Davis being a drooling savage with only one experience star. I was wondering if this is to be fixed in 3.0.

I was also wondering about the New Mexico Territory, this should probably belong to the US for the fact that this was a region in the Mexican Cession.

Also, Great Britain(with the proper Union Jack) and France, or just GB, should be supported, as they played minor, almost major, roles in the Civil War as they both considered invading the US, before they dropped the idea after Vicksburg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain...ican_Civil_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_...tion_in_Mexico

I think the ACW team would do well to at least make the American theater of war correct, like having Columbia a country and have Greater Antilles belong to Spain and break up the Mexican Empire. These facts were influenced by the Civil War. (See Spanish-American War and Mexican-American War).

You should also fix the diplomatic relations, like the fact that in the mod, Great Britain loves the North, but hates the South, when it was really the other way around in real life.

PS Usually what most people do is make the faction the way it is at the start year, then see how it turns out.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralZebulon View Post
    Okay, well I was wondering about the government of the CSA, it was a Republic in 1861, but in the game, it's an Absolute Monarchy, with Jefferson Davis being a drooling savage with only one experience star. I was wondering if this is to be fixed in 3.0.

I was also wondering about the New Mexico Territory, this should probably belong to the US for the fact that this was a region in the Mexican Cession.

Also, Great Britain(with the proper Union Jack) and France, or just GB, should be supported, as they played minor, almost major, roles in the Civil War as they both considered invading the US, before they dropped the idea after Vicksburg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain...ican_Civil_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_...tion_in_Mexico

I think the ACW team would do well to at least make the American theater of war correct, like having Columbia a country and have Greater Antilles belong to Spain and break up the Mexican Empire. These facts were influenced by the Civil War. (See Spanish-American War and Mexican-American War).

You should also fix the diplomatic relations, like the fact that in the mod, Great Britain loves the North, but hates the South, when it was really the other way around in real life.

PS Usually what most people do is make the faction the way it is at the start year, then see how it turns out.

Thanks.
    We don't have monarchies in 2.5/2.6 any more. There are Pro slavery, Contra slavery and neutral state governments, just the tooltip says its absolutly monarchy. This is the first step to rework the government system for 3.0

Besides that, we decided that we won't support europe any more.
    In 3.0, you will just find the american map (third chapter of the road to indepencene campaign) and the warpath map. For that, we will make the other factions in america more historical, like correct names and borders

We have a submod forum for that and you are welcome to put your historical starting position for the other users!

We wanna thank all for their useful feedback done here.
    The poll results are telling us we are on the right way.
    This thread will be now closed and unsticky,
    there will be a now one for our 2.6 release.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345