Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic Roster (beta) Released!!

Oh darn, I totally forgot that this EDu has new units in it.
    Do you have back-up your EDU. I'll check this out after school.

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic Roster (beta) Released!!

I upload the fix, basically, I forgot to add the Light men at arm to Scotland and Denmark and fix range for longbows. It should work and you could try but I do not guaranty it but it should be save compatible.

Once again great job with this !!
    Last edited by stevehoos; January 20, 2011 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    I can't get this new EDU to work ? HUM

19:59:46.534 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 4011, column 49
    missile range of 234 is impossible with projectile elite_mass_bodkin_arrow (max range 234)
    19:59:46.572 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 16783, column 51
    missile range of 215 is impossible with projectile quality_mass_bodkin_arrow (max range 215)
    19:59:46.674 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 4825, column 380
    unit(Light Swordsmen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(denmark)
    19:59:46.674 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 4825, column 380
    unit(Light Swordsmen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(scotland)
    The EDU just before your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    The EDU just before your post?

CRAP my bad it works lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    CRAP my bad it works lol
    Fiou, thought that one was messed up too

with the Crusader States, I've also change the Armenian mercenaries. I,ve took the Armenian models from BC mod (credit for them)

Armenian cavalry:Change the model, better stats, higher cost and upkeep.
    Armenian Archers:Change the model.
    Armenian Infantry: Are good javelinmen who throws javelin and then go into melee.
    Armenian Noblemen: will replace the Armenian of Cilicia, they are well armoured swordsmen.

I,ll give you pictures for them

As promised, here's the new Armenian units!!

Thanks for this mate by the way care tell me which modding tutorials you used?
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Well that's a question. I did search through the Mod workshop taking what I need. It's a really good resource for modding .

Diversus's Avatar Civis

BG, have you tried conversion of Lithuania as you mentioned in some other topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Diversus View Post
    BG, have you tried conversion of Lithuania as you mentioned in some other topic?
    There's two thing that make me unable to do that for now:
    1)I have to wait for the Lithuanian roster of RollingWave.
    2)I didn't finish my current projects .

But after it will be done. I'll work on both Lithuanian conversion, his late roster and a new roster project for the HRE roster.

Diversus's Avatar Civis

What about buildings? I suggest to add school, seems logical that with christianity school's come too. Maybe teutonic chapter house?

I didn't start the project on lithuania. I have other things to do before as well learning to do better scripts.

The submod has been updated with the Crusader States. I did it quickly so it's an unpolished roster but the main roster is here. Later on, I'll make it more better it also includes the fix of the EDU problem.

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

I will check it out BG

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Ok I tried again.

Fresh install of SS6.3 - SS6.4 (Setup - Early Campaign, Savage AI, Longer Assimilation, and Permanent Watchtowers).

Then downloaded your submod new links part 1 and part 2, then combined those two data folders, then pasted the combined folder into the SS6.3/6.4 directory.

Houston we have liftoff.

Custom battle with all available Scotland Early Units. Check

Campaign start. Check.

Definitely working now.

Thanks for all the hard work. Now to sift through all that hard work and without regards to your feeling begin pointing out all that is wrong.

Just kidding.

Good work.

Some information from reading several books on Medieval battles on the British Isles.

There is some material on Medieval Scottish soldiers and how they would have appeared during the time of the battle of Bannockburn and before, which would have been in saffron-coloured tunics called "leine croich" and they used a range of ingredients to get the boldest possible colors. Also several books that confirm the use of pikemen at Bannockburn and that the expertise in which they were deployed suggests that they had been in use long before, even as far back as the beginning of the Hundred Years War.

As far as archers some of my reading do confirm the use of longbowmen by Scotland but that the only ones of any worth were from Ettrick. Some of the texts also refer to the fact that during battles throughout the Hundred Years War Scottish archers would have often fired as many volleys as possible quickly then picked up melee weapons and joined the fight.

I'm not saying that you should necessarily incorporate any of this in your mod, but just trying to share some of the info that I have read.

Thanks again for your efforts to improve this wonderful mod and game.

Regards,

Ronnie

thanks for the info Ronnie, I always open minded for suggestions and idea. As it's said, it's a beta some fell free to share historical infos

Right on.

I really wish I could dedicate enough time to help you with the mod, but alas work, school, and wife prevents it. As is I will toy with your marvelous work and maybe just upload some of the ideas I come up with for you to ponder when your busy schedule permits.

Here is a couple of the units I made previously (Rabble Archers and Highland Raiders). I think I have included all of the files needed. EDU and MDB are not complete so the units would have to be copied from the files I uploaded to someone's current files. Also including some in game pics.

Rabble Archers compare to SS6.3 peasant archers except they have an axe and are slightly stronger in HtoH combat.

Highland Raiders compare to viking raiders except they carry javelins.

I do not have any artistic ability so I am unable to make any changes to textures or models other than kit bashing parts from other meshes

Again I'm not asking you to use these just throwing out things for you to do with as you will sire.

Regards,

Ronnie