Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Lord Hamilton's Avatar Treun anns a' chath

Default Re: For East and West mod (FEAW) (Formely known as BG Submod). New project (Soon faction's preview)

BG, I'd be happy to lend a hand with unit creation if you need some help...

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: For East and West mod (FEAW) (Formely known as BG Submod). New project (Soon faction's preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy9685 View Post
    BG, I'd be happy to lend a hand with unit creation if you need some help...
    Thanks Frenchy. What will be needed is that you continue your western units. Your models are just excellent. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    it would be excellent in 1453 byzantines lose some of settlements to turks such as istanbul.only some settlements in thrace and in main greek land can stay with them.it would be super but greek players would not like this idea.also u are a greek too.

i can help ur mod no problem.yes i ve already a nice turkish roster.i can give them to you.%90 of them rusichi and from mongol invasion.so they are nice looking.also i am not modeller.so nothing in my works belong to me.i take from other mods and edit-integrate into game.
    auto lose a settlement is lame ,but give a army or two to help ottomans(if they are alive) do like in history would not be a bad idea...but the player as byz or hungary can survive it...

Just thought i would make a suggestion for the Scottish and Norse. Maybe their BG could have a javelin as a secondary weapon, i know this could make them OP, but personally i think it would help balance the fact that they lack the speed, mobility and charge capability of cavalry. I did some research and there is evidence of both the scotts and the Norse using javelins.

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

@Betto: I won't do a script that attack Constantinople. It might be historical but really OP for the Ottomans since if I had the Sultan Osman appearing as well making a strong roster, it will be quite enough.
    @David93:Both cultures have used the javelins. I'll do javelinmen for each but not for their General Bodyguard. Scotland will have a mounted GB but Norway will have a footmen GB. I've make some researches and the Claymore wasn't used until the 1400. But still, I could make a dismounted version for Scotland, a really heavy infantry using other equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    @Betto: I won't do a script that attack Constantinople. It might be historical but really OP for the Ottomans since if I had the Sultan Osman appearing as well making a strong roster, it will be quite enough.
    @David93:Both cultures have used the javelins. I'll do javelinmen for each but not for their General Bodyguard. Scotland will have a mounted GB but Norway will have a footmen GB. I've make some researches and the Claymore wasn't used until the 1400. But still, I could make a dismounted version for Scotland, a really heavy infantry using other equipment.
    Very cool
    + rep

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Update the OP for idea concept, read it and I would like your help for the cultural aspects

Looks good, any idea how the crusades will work? If their all different cultures will only the members of the culture that calls the crusade be able to tale part?

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    Looks good, any idea how the crusades will work? If their all different cultures will only the members of the culture that calls the crusade be able to tale part?
    Oh no, all the catholic/muslim factions will still call crusades/jihads without problems. These cultural changes will only affect the units only.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

So are you starting over or just changing units you havent got to yet?

Is it possible to create crusade/jihad rebels when a crusade/jihad is called to add a little more flavor to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    So are you starting over or just changing units you havent got to yet?

Is it possible to create crusade/jihad rebels when a crusade/jihad is called to add a little more flavor to the game?
    Reupdate the OP and changing considerably the thread.

I actually quite like the new thread. You were really overextending yourself with 3 mods at once!
    Looking forward to see the new factions

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: St. Polycarpe's Workshop for CHIP Unit Rosters (Soon faction's preview)

Tell me your going to include Hospitaller Crossbowmen in CHIP.

Default Re: St. Polycarpe's Workshop for CHIP Unit Rosters (Soon faction's preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Tell me your going to include Hospitaller Crossbowmen in CHIP.
    I'm sorry, I won't add the Hospitaller crossbowmen but I'll add a new Latin crossbowmen mercenary. That unit was more or less real, most of the crossbowmen that the Crusader States have employed were Latin. If you want an idea on the CS roster, here's the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=bg+submod, I will base it on this discussion but I may add something else

Everyone, the Norse unit roster preview will be shown Friday. Stay tuned until then

\o/ Excellent, looking forward to it!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    Everyone, the Norse unit roster preview will be shown Friday. Stay tuned until then
    I am waiting....

Will we see the preview today? I can not wait for this mod!

Will you update your submod along with CHIP?

Thanks,

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Default Re: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Norse Preview at first post!!)

Finally, for my 1400th post, I presents you the Norse along with a small gift for you at first post

Default Re: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Norse Preview at first post!!)

Those are quite nice.

If you don't mind, BG, could you list what quality the units are, and how they are employed(Late pro, Early pro, feudal, etc.)?