Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Submod Early/Late 1TPY Released!!!

The final version of the Clan's chieftains, the first picture was a try (and I fix the gigantic axe). They are reckless, strong, frightening and unique to Scotland. They will be part of the clan system along the Clansmen Warbands.

Here is the unit pack that goes wrong.

How do you view these unitcards? Just curious

EDIT: +rep'd ronnie for helping BG

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    How do you view these unitcards? Just curious

EDIT: +rep'd ronnie for helping BG
    If you have photoshop or a program similar, you could see them. Otherwise, take the files and paste them in the SS 6.3/data/ui/units/scotland(norway for the norwegian units)

Well, I will postpone the release further to include a total revamp recruitment system for all the factions and at the same time, it will be a small preview for the CHIP system.

Check this BG and tell me if it's sort of what you want or if not.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

here I'll help you of what I mean of unit type. Remember when you read a unit description, you'll see these lines. And I wrote some units as example that are these unit types. Feudal and mercenary units are not necessary. This is what I mean for regrouping each unit in the game by type. I just need one entry of each different unit (except the local units, add the entry of the unit that is available to the other factions, this is the AOR units )

Type: Late Professional (increased training time based on unit type and quality, higher proportion of disciplined units).
    -Scoutatoi
    -Yeoman Archers

Type: Early Professional.
    -Armored Sergeants
    -Men-at-Arm

Type: Urban Militia (free upkeep in cities, reduced morale in the field).
    -Arbalest militia
    -Urban militia

Type: Urban Professional (increased training time based on unit type and quality, higher proportion of disciplined units).
    -Arquebusier
    -Castrophilakales

Type: Local (lacks formal military training, typically low discipline and less morale).
    -Highlander
    -Longbowmen

And use one of the two methods to find the units that I've post you (use the export_units file to find the unit entry name and find them in the EDB)

OMG LOL I always get things wrong... 0K so I only use those 5 types?
    Example of what you mean:
    Local:
    - woodsmen
    Ok the units ONLY have to have their name I can see now.
    Last edited by DioD2; February 15, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    OMG LOL I always get things wrong... 0K I only use those types??
    Everyone makes mistake, it's a kinda big job to do. I just need the Late Professional, Early Professional, Local and Urban Professional unit types. If you need more info, just ask

EDIT: Yes, just take the entire line of the unit entry in the EDB and regroup them in your notepad.

Lol thanks for post. Lol I would have made a mess and spent precious time just doing unneeded stuff. By the way thanks for the words of encouragement .
    Hey do I specify what EACH unit is? Example: Type: Early Professioanl. -Papal Guard (Infantry)
    Or should i just leave them be their selves and combine everyone of them without saying?
    Last edited by DioD2; February 15, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    Lol thanks for post. Lol I would have made a mess and spent precious time just doing unneeded stuff. By the way thanks for the words of encouragement .
    It's a pleasure, that will really help me, have a rep to give you some motivation

Ok please check. How about now? (Can tell me anything even if it's pretty bad for me lol no worries)

Hmm..Not yet. Check carefully what are the unit type. Here an example of setup for work:

Type: Late Professional (increased training time based on unit type and quality, higher proportion of disciplined units)

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

Type: Urban Militia (free upkeep in cities, reduced morale in the field).

recruit_pool "Toxotae" 1 0.84 6 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter new_era_begins 1

Type: Urban Professional (increased training time based on unit type and quality, higher proportion of disciplined units).

recruit_pool "Castrophilakae" 1 0.84 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter lateran_council4 1 and not event_counter first_watch 1

Type: Local (lacks formal military training, typically low discipline and less morale).

recruit_pool "Prussian Axemen" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource prussia

Type: Early Professional.

recruit_pool "Cavalarii" 1 0.25 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 15, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Lol can't believe I forgot TO ADD THE ENTRIES! Oh well, ok now I think I get it... Again thanks for your effort on explaining.

Well, my change will affect the entire game. Imo, there were too many availability for superior troops and a ridiculously huge number of cavalry (We need to remember that owning a horse was a sign of wealth and respect, on the battlefield, a men could gain a grade just by getting a horse. Plus buying a horse and the equipment for it was expensive, especially the war horse). So here what will be my change for the new recruitment system:

-Reduce the unit pool and the refill of all professional units.
    -Change several building trees for unit recruitment.
    -Tweak the professional units. With a reduced unit pool, you'd better to take care of these units, losing several stacks of professional troops will hurt you military power drastically.
    -The local units will be tweaked. A new building that will let you recruit these units by the cost of reduce Law order.
    -Militia will be tweaked. They will be more the core of the army composition (which was the historical core of the army)
    -The feudal troops unit pool will change a bit. They will be precious and more rare. The dismounted version will be recruited at the same level as the mounted one. Adding a new building tree for recruiting these troops along other main tunits.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Well, my change will affect the entire game. Imo, there were too many availability for superior troops and a ridiculously huge number of cavalry (We need to remember that owning a horse was a sign of wealth and respect, on the battlefield, a men could gain a grade just by getting a horse. Plus buying a horse and the equipment for it was expensive, especially the war horse). So here what will be my change for the new recruitment system:

-Reduce the unit pool and the refill of all professional units.
    -Change several building trees for unit recruitment.
    -Tweak the professional units. With a reduced unit pool, you'd better to take care of these units, losing several stacks of professional troops will hurt you military power drastically.
    -The local units will be tweaked. A new building that will let you recruit these units by the cost of reduce Law order.
    -Militia will be tweaked. They will be more the core of the army composition (which was the historical core of the army)
    -The feudal troops unit pool will change a bit. They will be precious and more rare. The dismounted version will be recruited at the same level as the mounted one. Adding a new building tree for recruiting these troops along other main units.
    Good ideas BG, the more professional units of the army should be much rarer in the early part of the game. Also I'd like to see more specialized buildings. Maybe something along the lines of "increases recruitment rate of xxx unit, but decreases that of another". So that castle's could specialize in recruitment of say, cavalry over infantry or, professional troops over other types.

I also agree that there is too much heavy cavalry in some rosters. Especially the eastern factions such as the fatimids and khwarezmians.

I will also tweak the feudal units. They will be even more rarer. Maybe to compensate, I'll give a slight adjustment on their stats and giving a ability called "command" to the Elite and above. This will give a bonus on the morale of the troops as long they fight beside them and the feudal units are alive.

Succeed to add the new setup along with the Late professional units into game. Was kinda long and complicated but now the fourth of the recruitment system is done

Hi Byzantium Guard,

first of all the mod runs stable.
    Iam in 1304 in my England Campaign i recongnized this:
    i have only Spear Militia in my Cities (very funny against French Knights and the new Scottish ubar Troops) And i cant recruit Longbowmen...afaik they should be available after 1270? And Also the Spear Militia should be replaced at the beginning in the bigger City with Urban Spear Militia.

Late Game as England

Glad to hear that it's stable. For these problems, I'll fix these for my update. Thanks to pointing out.