Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Submod Early/Late 1TPY Released!!!

I've made the CS really strong but they will suffer a good lost if Jerusalem is no more in the hands of the faction.
    -No more Guards of Jerusalem unit.
    -No more Knights of Jerusalem units.
    -Outremer cavalry/Swordsmen has a decrease on the recruitment.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

This mod sounds great. Unfortunately, when I download the files they are not in data folders but all in the same location. I know where all the doc files go but not the rest. And seeing how well 6.4 is running with only my 2 TPY edits, I do not want to mess it up by miss placing anything from this mod.

Do you have a list of which files go to which folders so I can install the mod? thanks

(Love the Einstein signature on WW3&4, for a dead man, he sure has a way of commently wisely on current events (Perhaps it is Pythagorean clairvoyance). I am using it in my emails now give the unrest in N Africa + M East)

Alright, don't worry about messing with files. What you have to do is to download both parts and merge them into one. I've made that you just have to drag the data folder into your SS 6.3 folder and merge both data folders and saying yes to all replacements. Then you download the fixes and follow the install. . I advise you the current mod is only for 1TPY only. What I could do is to upload a file that will make your generals ageing 0.5 YPT just like in the M2TW vanilla. Hope I give you the answers you seek.

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Byzantine Guard, your mod is good and + rep

Done anything with the war clerics yet?

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey BG, I'm not sure if anybody else mentioned this because I don't want to read through all 15 pages of this thread, but I noticed that the Teutonic Order building can still be built in castles with other religious order buildings. If I click to build a templar building, for example, I can still build the teutonic building after that. But if I click to build the teutonic building first, I can't build any other religious order buildings after that. I think this is why
    Code:
    templar1 requires factions { jerusalem, } and not building_present hospitaller_house and not building_present teutonic_brotherhood_chapters and not building_present lazarus_house
    versus
    Code:
    teutonic_brotherhood_house castle requires factions { teutonic_order, jerusalem, }
    The templar building excludes other religious order buildings, but the teutonic order one doesn't.

Thank you to pointing me out this mistake. Have a rep for that one

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    Done anything with the war clerics yet?
    I think I'll give the dismounted version a polearm as weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    I think I'll give the dismounted version a polearm as weapon.
    Not sure if that's a good idea. Aren't polearms more of a common-mans weapon? The Clergy would generally be considered fairly high on the social rank list. At any case, they should probably keep the blunt weapon, as it is suggested that the Clergy wasn't allowed to draw blood. For instance, that appears to be accepted as the reason why Bishop Odo were shown wielding a club in the Bayeux Tapestry.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'd also suggest making them start out in chain, rather than in plate and have them available from the start (once the required level of Church have been build, of course)
    For instance, the Battle of Fodevig were fought in 1134, and had 5-6 bishops and at least 50 priests amongst the dead.

The Norse clerics were called Fraelsir meaning free of payments. They were nobles that could get excellent equipment but didn't have the same training as a knight. They appeared more in later period, but I could stick to the current weapon they have.

Well, the Frelse weren't specifically the Clergy, but a common term for the nobles (and priests) that were free from paying taxes. However if you're using Wrath of the Norsemen's Frælsir, I can't complain as thats one badass unit.
    I'd still say that I'd prefer them available earlier, and then perhaps upgrade to the Frælsir later on. Would mean they'd start out with polearms early on, obviously.
    The battle at Fodevig in 1134 and Bishop Absalon (1128-1201) who was known as a great warrior certainly indicates that the Clergy took part of battles early on.

Part of the war cleric's appeal is their weapon, I can't think of any other unit that uses a weapon like theirs. Like the previous post stated, It'd be nice if they were available earlier on

I'm working with a Norwegian historian to build a good Scandinavian roster. He's quite busy itm but I'll ask him when they actually appear. For now, I'm improving the roster of both Scotland and Norse for better historical accuracy, models and setting

Bad news, my milkshape program has just expired . I can't save any of my models.

EDIT: Fixed, let's continue
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 09, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Purchase it HERE, using one of several ways to transfer the money.

The Clansmen Warbands! I will play with the textures to gives better colour . These guys will be a powerful treat to any enemies. They will be numerous, reckless and dreadful.

And the mighty clan's chieftains, since claymore was used in the 14th-15th century, I have to change the weapons, nevertheless, these men will be devastating. They improve the morale of their men as well frightening his opponents.

Last edited by Polycarpe; February 09, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Awesome, looking forward to the release

Crafty's Avatar Libertus

Hey.

First: Nice work there

Second: I´ve done a clean installation of SS 6.4, selected Early Era, Byg Grim IV, Savage AI, Perm. Watchtower and longer Assimilation and then added your Submod. Now every time I start the game, it freezes in the first loading screen (the crusader dude, with the sword over his head) and shuts down the game.
    I remember this problem was mentioned here before, but not solved.

My System log is below.

I hope you guys can help me.
    "If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak." - Jayne Cobb.

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

That system log looks completely normal. That's what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Hey.

First: Nice work there

Second: I´ve done a clean installation of SS 6.4, selected Early Era, Byg Grim IV, Savage AI, Perm. Watchtower and longer Assimilation and then added your Submod. Now every time I start the game, it freezes in the first loading screen (the crusader dude, with the sword over his head) and shuts down the game.
    I remember this problem was mentioned here before, but not solved.

My System log is below.

I hope you guys can help me.
    So it does a CTD without any error message? If so, that's pretty annoying to find the problem, your systemlog is your guide to find errors but your current systemlog doesn't show any mistakes