Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Reintroduce two of my favorite Order's units: The Marshall of the Templars and the Hospitallers. The MOTT will be more on offense and they frighten the enemies while the MOTH tend to be more on defense and bolster your units nearby. They will be really strong but also expensive and very few.

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Reintroduce two of my favorite Order's units: The Marshall of the Templars and the Hospitallers. The MOTT will be more on offense and they frighten the enemies while the MOTH tend to be more on defense and bolster your units nearby. They will be really strong but also expensive and very few.
    I actually like that there is the ability to give some units morale boosting bonus for nearby units. For SS the only ones that do that are the platform crosses that Italians get and of course generals.

There could be more uses of such and Hospitallers are certainly one unit that should get such a bonus in limited numbers. Templars and a fear bonus probably fits their reputation enough though they could get morale bonus instead as well as Hospitallers.

Probably a few other units that could do similar thing but they have to have famous reputation to justify it I'd guess

I give this also for Scotland and Norway,s bodyguard. They are GB footmen. To compensate them, I give bolster aura for Scotland (reckless and proud people) and Frighten enemies for Norway (viking origins, fearful reputation). I also give the Highland Nobles the frighten_foot ability and the warcry ability. The Warcry will give them some Atk boost for a moment but they become more exhausted.

The change in bodyguard gives a fresh feel to the factions.good job

In battle Danes don't seem to have the same BG units as Norway, so that bug doesn't even seem to need fixing, other than in custom battles ^ ^, still enjoying the mod, is there a way to play TO with the new units tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    In battle Danes don't seem to have the same BG units as Norway, so that bug doesn't even seem to need fixing, other than in custom battles ^ ^, still enjoying the mod, is there a way to play TO with the new units tho?
    No, I distinct the Danes and Norway so the Danes as GB as the other factions (influenced by the Germans Westernized.)Only Norway and Scotland possess GB footmen

Seems there was an exception with the Danish king, his gb were footmen but they didn't have the models, they were just sort of.. silver.

Seems there was an exception with the Danish king, his gb were footmen but they didn't have the models, they were just sort of.. silver.
    What do you mean? In the campaign or in custom battle. They are only available for Norway but it possibles that I give the hirdsmen to Denmark. The Danish king or the Norway King?

The Danish king, i haven't seen it from any other Danish bgs including the royal family (Prince etc).
    All Norwegian generals that I've tested in battle so far have the BG and the models are fine.

Edit: Not in custom battle!

Alright, thank you to spot this error, I'll correct it for the next update . If you found any other problems just tell me.

The hirdsmen(classified as feuadal troops) from the Norwegian roster have no free upkeep in castles.Is this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Chees3 View Post
    The hirdsmen(classified as feuadal troops) from the Norwegian roster have no free upkeep in castles.Is this intentional?
    No, it's not supposed to, I forgot to add this attribute. I'll correct it right away

You can correct it by yourself by adding this at the end of this line in the EDU:

attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, hardy, free_upkeep_unit

just open the EDU, do ctrl+F and type norse swordsmen. Then find this entry in the Norse Swordsmen entry and add what's in blue .

New buildings for the Crusader States done. It's coming

Looking forward to it!
    I'll see if i find any other bugs, how specific do you want me to be?
    From silvery bodyguards to typos i mean.

Looking forward to it!
    I'll see if i find any other bugs, how specific do you want me to be?
    From silvery bodyguards to typos i mean.
    Yes, mistakes in writing, silver units, free upkeep missing, building tree recruit etc.

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Jerusalem Early 1TPY Released!!

Well, I finish the early campaign. Would love to upload it today but my computer wants to do nothing . So I'll upload the mod tomorrow. You can look at the first post for the changes.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Jerusalem Early 1TPY Released!!

I'm a little confused. I want to download this, as it looks awesome, but I can't find a download link anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    I'm a little confused. I want to download this, as it looks awesome, but I can't find a download link anywhere...
    It's normal, I remove the submod to bring the updated version but it seems the upload is really bad. I'll try to upload it tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the inconveniences.

BG,

Let me know if these are the style you want for the unit cards.

Regards,

Ronnie

Kerapp. The files didn't attach.

Here's another try