Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Default Re: BG Submod Early/Late 1TPY Released!!!

alright, thx

tried playing my norway campagin again. seems the save still works fine
    Last edited by Andali; February 04, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Hi,

first of all very n1 mod!

I get this ctd in my CS Campaign turn 10:

22:53:36.190 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:53:36.190 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:53:36.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:54:09.494 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Hashishim'.
    22:54:09.494 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

and if i wanted to start a Teutonic Campaign before the campaign map starts this:

22:53:36.190 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:53:36.190 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:53:36.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:53:36.193 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:54:09.494 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Templar Crossbowmen'.
    22:54:09.494 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

any suggestions?

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Have you installed all the fixes?

The fixes are for the Early Era only, right?
    I'm getting the same Hashishim error in my own newly started Late Era Crusader States campaign.

I think I've found the problem, the campaign_script file, located in the SS 6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Will love to upload it but computer doesn't want . I'll guide to correct this mistake:
    1)Do ctrl+F and write "hash"and search.
    2)When you found them replace the unit name by this one : Dismounted Arab Cavalry
    replace all of them. and search until you've can't find any hashishim entries.
    3)Now, do Ctrl +f again and write "templar crossbowmen".
    4)Do the same steps as for the hashishim and replace the entries by this one: hospitaller crossbow
    5)Here you go, it should works fine now. Sorry for being unable to upload the file.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 05, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

That seems to do the trick. Need to restart the campaign though.

How's the next (final?) version coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Goma View Post
    How's the next (final?) version coming along?
    Getting an even more interesting roster for both Scotland and Norse

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

as other guy asked before IS THIS COMPATIBLE WITH MSC !

No, read lad

I would love to know how your campaign is going on?

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

too bad i realy wanted this mod but i cant play without the long live and prosper and the heir sub mods (((

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Very n1 mod BG, and you have the fastest customer service if had problems :-)

My Campaign CS:

The Units of CS are very strong and beautiful. I can imagine that with the low upkeep costs the CS is a faction to count on. Norway is blitzing Danemark and Scotland giving England a hard time. TO has taken Hrodna but is too eager at crusades.....not much garrisoned troops left at home.

The Idea of the Orders Houses is amazing. No more Pisan and Genuese or Spearman Militia Cannon Fooder.
    Really looking Forward for Chip!

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

I just tried running this and I followed the install instructions exactly. Could someone look at my error log and tell me if they know what the problem is?

Edit: I'm also only using the early part if that makes a difference.

Edit #2: I looked into it a bit further and I checked the original files that I downloaded for the submod, and there seem to be tons of discrepancies between export_descr_unit and export_descr_building. Lots of units being recruited in EDB that don't exist or don't belong to that faction. I downloaded the two files in the first post of this thread. Were those the correct files?

Edit #3: Sorry about this. I just missed the fixes on page 13. It's working fine now. Looking forward to trying it out!
    Last edited by kevindrosario; February 07, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I'm playing Crusader States, M/M, Early Era, Savage AI and BGR IV. I'm in turn #17. Money is back in positive for only 3 turns. It makes me remember RTW with the mod Apocalypto: no money, no upgrade, each movement needs to be checked carefully and each battle needs to be won with minimum loss. I've conquered in chronological order Gaza, Kerak, Tortosa, Aleppo and recently Adana but I've lost Gaza (which has been brided). A small stack (500 soldiers) has just defeated 2 Fatimid armies (about 3000 soldiers). Many thanks to the bridge.
    At present, I'm besieging Damietta and I'm preparing a small stack (can't afford a big one) to reconquer Gaza.
    Even if it isn't a strong faction, the Fatimids give me a hard time. So far, the CS is not overpowered. Waiting to be able to recruit professional armies to review my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindrosario View Post
    I just tried running this and I followed the install instructions exactly. Could someone look at my error log and tell me if they know what the problem is?

Edit: I'm also only using the early part if that makes a difference.

Edit #2: I looked into it a bit further and I checked the original files that I downloaded for the submod, and there seem to be tons of discrepancies between export_descr_unit and export_descr_building. Lots of units being recruited in EDB that don't exist or don't belong to that faction. I downloaded the two files in the first post of this thread. Were those the correct files?

Edit #3: Sorry about this. I just missed the fixes on page 13. It's working fine now. Looking forward to trying it out!
    Glad to hear that, sorry if all the fixes are everywhere, my upload is kinda crappy recently

@Ilkanor, thanks for saying that, I try to correct bugs as much as I can, it's a lot of work playing with codings, even a small space in an entry can crashes everything . Does this bother you tat I removed the Pisan sailors?Just to know

@Lifthrasir, when the CHIP will be ready, the challenge will be more intense and fun New rosters for all Muslim factions by RW will make the CS ready to confront Islam . Good to hear that you like the roster

@Ilkanor, thanks for saying that, I try to correct bugs as much as I can, it's a lot of work playing with codings, even a small space in an entry can crashes everything . Does this bother you tat I removed the Pisan sailors?Just to know
    mate be sure nothing like this will bother me or 90% of the community :-)
    The Sailor were a CA non lovely unit. I mean plz....italians with clubs, even the fanatics were more atmospheric :-P

as you mentioned before i understand that the CS must be strong for oncoming CHIP Submod, but now i can recruit kickass order nights who annhilate every Middle Eastern Setup and the Upkeep costs are for the quality of the troops a joke.

But nevertheless you and others like RollingWave are going the right way, more historicly accurate troops and biggest point is that they lovely designed. Iam Playing Broken Crescent now....it cant be compared in many ways against SS but the Units give a good historical atmosphere and are very specialized (Charger Cavalry, Close Combat Cavalry, and so on) and i would look forward if you would take some ideas from that mod (like the Cataphractoi...those guys are chargers with Javelins which gives you some very interesting playstyle)

PS: i just wanted to start a scotland campaign, but i get a startup CTD like mentioned above with this time the Hospitaller Crossbowmen

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkanor View Post

PS: i just wanted to start a scotland campaign, but i get a startup CTD like mentioned above with this time the Hospitaller Crossbowmen
    Well, maybe when you correct it in the Campaign_script (I believe so) you wrote "hospitaller crossbowmen". It should be "hospitaller crossbow".

If it still don't work, post your systemlog.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 07, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Well, my Scottish roster is for now not historical . Claymore were only started to be used in 1400 (but pretty sure they did export zweihander from Germany in 1300)meaning that the Clan's chieftains is inexact. I'll add new units as follow:

Lochabermen militia: They peasants were using the lochaber axe, a polearm weapon similar to the bardiche.
    Lochabermen: These commoners are professional troops using the lochaber axe.

These two units are filling the role as the billmen and available at the same period as their England counterpart.

EDIT: Well, I still working on it, forget these ones.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 07, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

Around turn 10 or so your economy as CS should be more than enough to support a good army.
    At first it seems almost impossible with the upkeep but it sort of makes sense considering that they probably have the best roster in the game.
    My advice would be to disband the Knights at the start if you'd like to avoid any kind of debt, they're not very useful when taking the rebel settlements at the start anyway.
    Once you've taken 3-4 rebel settlements your economy should be more than fine