Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

When it will be final, it will probably compatible with disabled RR

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

thanks for making the mod seems very interesting and would love to give it a try... But i seem to CTD after seeing the loading screen for a few secs..... (i dunno how to attach my system log... so i posted it here)

i un-installed 6.4, 6.3 then did a clean install....applied your copied data folder but didnt work (including downloading the new EDU on post 82). im pretty sure i followed all the steps correctly..

15:37:25.045 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:37:25.053 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    15:37:25.057 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:37:25.058 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:37:25.059 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:37:25.061 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:37:25.061 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:37:25.061 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:37:29.131 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 382, column 45
    Unknown unit type specified: Nobles of Jerusalem
    Last edited by steelshaft; January 26, 2011 at 02:29 AM.

You don't want that EDU from post 82, as that was from before the Crusader States were added. Just use the files in the two downloads from the first post, and you're good to go.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've removed all about the game (original one, extension and SS).
    I've cleaned everything in the registery.
    Then, I've installed again the original game + kindom extension + SS6.3 + SS6.4
    Up to that stage, everything was fine.
    Then I've installed the sub mod as show in post 1.
    Now, I can start the game. I choose "single player", then "early era", then a faction and "start". But instead to start, I'm back on the screen on which I have to choose again "early era" except that nothing happen. I can only go back and start my choice all over again.
    Here is the system log. Hope it helps.

12:45:08.959 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:45:08.959 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:45:08.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:45:25.837 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id Highland Archers requested.
    12:45:25.837 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id Highland Archers requested.
    12:45:31.050 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Highland Archers'.
    12:45:31.050 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1772, column 1
    Could not create(Highland Archers) from the unit database.
    12:45:31.050 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1772, column 1
    Unable to create new army

And you did properly extract both files listed in the first post?
    I installed this, just a day ago, and it works fine here.
    Are you installing your Medieval II into the Program Files/Program Files(x86) folder? If so, I'd suggest creating a new folder to install to, like C:\Games\Medieval II.
    The Program Files folders are specially protected in windows, and can cause problems.

Blog Entries

The game is installed as follow: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\
    I have downloaded both zip files. Then unzip them in and I've got 2 folder "Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part1" and same name part 2. Each of them has a "data" folder. I have merged both "data" folder in one and then have merged that one with the "data" folder in SS6.4 (which appears as SS6.3).
    I can try to install the complete game again as you said PerXX. I know that problem especially with Windows Vista and 7.
    Many thanks for your help.

It does sound like you're doing it correctly, so I'd imagine it it could be the Program Files/UAC that's causing the problem.
    If not, I can try uploading my text files that I know is working.

Vista and Window 7 can be so problematic . As Perxx saids, disactivate the UAC to the lowest "protection" and try again. Be sure that your main M2TW is in the Program files (x86) or Program files. Otherwise, the game won't work.

shucks, is it hard to make it compatible?

Need to play with the EDB and EDU, it's not that much but it takes time . I'll ask Newt to be sure.

BG by the way you say in the post that you need help with UI, that unit info?
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Indeed. I did some Unit info but they are not the same borders as in SS. I don't have the skills for doing the small ones unfortunately (probably I don't understand for the background thing for the UC )

So I tried your mod successfully at first and then set turned of the disable RR, which made the game crash every time I launch acampaign or load a game. I tried to reinstall the submod, but the same happens, which is weird seeing as it worked the first time. I tried with RR both on and off. Any suggestions?

I see what you mean, the lines of the rectangular pictures have a foggy blur which gives it a nice tone, no idea how to do it but I'll keep searching to find it.
    Oh just found out how to blur but still no luck getting the right color for these though...
    Last edited by DioD2; January 26, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Blog Entries

I've checked my UAC and it is off.
    Anyway, I've removed and have reinstalled everything one more time.
    But, I still have the same problem as I said in my second last post (#144).

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I've checked my UAC and it is off.
    Anyway, I've removed and have reinstalled everything one more time.
    But, I still have the same problem as I said in my second last post (#144).
    That's really annoyed me when something goes wrong and people can't play with it. Ok, try to replace the Descr_strat with the file I uploaded at the post 114. Take it and replace your by this one. Hopefully it will works.

Blog Entries

BG,
    We're making progress.
    I did as you said. The game seems ok. I did quickly a few turns.
    However, the world map (bottom, on the left) has an error message (see picture).
    I also put the system log.
    What's your feeling?

Well lad, you give me a lot of challenge that's ok, I learn more each time. Here, take this campaign_script and replace yours by this one. It's located in Medieval II total war/mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Now, you supposed to have no problems at all .

Other things, does anyone has the same problem as Lifthrasir? If not, don't replace your files with the uploaded one unless say otherwise.

Here's one of the new unit for the Crusader States; the Guards of Jerusalem. They are powerful two-handed spearmen and they hold a big shield for further defense.

Blog Entries

BG,
    I've replaced the file you upload. The game seems ok now. Thank you for your help and quick replies. +Rep
    I can't test it further now but will tonight and let you know.
    Another thing, after to have replaced the files, I did a set up again, choosing as previously savage AI, BGR IV, Longer assimilation, permanent arrows and permanent watchtower. Then, starting the game again, I had the same problem as in my post #144. I closed everything and started the game with the desktop shortcut. Then, the game works.
    I don't know if it can help you yo understand what the problem was or is.