Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Jerusalem Early 1TPY Released!!

If I could make a suggestion ronnie, perhaps try cropping them closer to the soldier so that he appears bigger in the unit card.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Jerusalem Early 1TPY Released!!

Finally uploaded, now you can download them. Follow the same steps as the previous version. Please give me feedback for the Crusader States, I'd maybe a too strong roster. Just tell me if it's balanced but I think it should, especially when the RW's rosters will be together. Sorry for the inconveniences.

@Ronnie76. Good job for the UI, as CC saids, just to make them bigger and that will be perfect
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 01, 2011 at 07:29 AM.

HELP !!!! When open the .rar, an error ocurred:

! C:\Users\ERNI\Desktop\Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1.rar: Error de CRC en Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1\data\unit_models\_units\bgskin\textures\armenia_medium_normal_2.texture. El fichero está dañado ( corrupted file )

! C:\Users\ERNI\Desktop\Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1.rar: Final inesperado del archivo ( unexpected file end )

whats the solution ?

pd: sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by Werety_CE View Post
    HELP !!!! When open the .rar, an error ocurred:

! C:\Users\ERNI\Desktop\Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1.rar: Error de CRC en Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1\data\unit_models\_units\bgskin\textures\armenia_medium_normal_2.texture. El fichero está dañado ( corrupted file )

! C:\Users\ERNI\Desktop\Crusader States, Norse, Scots, Teutonic part 1.rar: Final inesperado del archivo ( unexpected file end )

whats the solution ?

pd: sorry for my english
    Usually it happens when file is not downloaded properly. Have you tried to re-downloaded it again?

Let me know if this is close enough.

I will have to work with the Galloglaich a bit probably in Milkshape to get the whole axe and the soldier up close. Will try to some uploaded by Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie76 View Post
    Let me know if this is close enough.

I will have to work with the Galloglaich a bit probably in Milkshape to get the whole axe and the soldier up close. Will try to some uploaded by Thursday.
    Yep, it's good

Now that you are working on that CHIP mod , is it worth trying this out and will you abandon this standalone mod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Now that you are working on that CHIP mod , is it worth trying this out and will you abandon this standalone mod ?
    I won't abandon this stand alone. In the CHIP mod, not all of my changes will be in for several factors. I just updated the submod this morning. I'll continue to work on this stand-alone. Compare to CHIP, it's quicker to work on than that mod because it's smaller. I'll release a Late camapign version and a 2TPY version for both campaign as well

On other topic, try this one, and give me your feedback about the Crusader States . Download the files at the first post.

That`s good news indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungus View Post
    Usually it happens when file is not downloaded properly. Have you tried to re-downloaded it again?
    Thanks Lord Humungus, I try again download the file and not error ocurred

in the later version was missing units mentioned but when I start the game ( new re-downloaded installed ), crash to desktop

I do not know that I am wrong

Post your system log

thanks !!

As I can see, it's not my submod that causes these crashes. Do you have any submod previously installed? This submod is only compatible with SS 6.4 vanilla (no submods, only clean install) and only 1TPY Early Campaign. I suggest you to reinstall everything (I know it sucks but most of the problems will be corrected). Then tell me if it works

Hey BG, I merged your submod with RW's somewhat, and after all was said and done,
    I get a crash when the engine tries to open my customized battlemodels.modeldb.
    The odd thing is, there are 0 errors in that file.

Is there a hardcoded limit on the BMDB that I am not aware of?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Is there a hardcoded limit on the BMDB that I am not aware of?
    None that anyone has yet to reach.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I fixed my problem, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Love the new Armenian units, BTW.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    As I can see, it's not my submod that causes these crashes. Do you have any submod previously installed? This submod is only compatible with SS 6.4 vanilla (no submods, only clean install) and only 1TPY Early Campaign. I suggest you to reinstall everything (I know it sucks but most of the problems will be corrected). Then tell me if it works
    this meaning not even the submods that come packaged (ie BYG, permanent watchtowers, etc...)?

EDIT: even with a completely clean and fresh install, it doesn't work, I start SS and get an instant CTD. HALP!
    Last edited by Torvus; February 01, 2011 at 09:27 PM.

I just checked that .log, and it appears that you have a unit in your EDB that doesn't exist
    in the EDU, namely the Outremer Swordsmen.

Check your EDB, and remove any lines that include that unit.

Ok, I upload the fixes, should work now. If anyone got problems with the submod, apply these fixes. Say yes to all replacements. Noted it's not compatible with BYG but not sure. Try it. It supposes to work with permanent watchtowers, any AI but not disable RR for now.

I also strongly recommend to apply these files or you might get surprise..the dreaded CTD!!

@SL: Don't need to remove these entries, it should work now.

EDIT:The new fixes are at the post 245.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; February 02, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I dled the fixing files, I deleted all references to the Outremer swordsmen and I'm still getting a CTD.