Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland (beta) Released!!

Well, the Norse is almost finished, the rest is coding. After that, I'll make Meneth compilation and the submod compatible.

Byzantium guard

You can upload some screens new units on a battlefield?

Here's some pictures from several new units attached to the post (can't figure to upload and insert the picture right in the post )

Other pictures and I include the new norse units

In order for me too get the Scottishbody guard to show up in the fortress before the late period what else do I have to do besides changing EDU to ERA 0 . I hate to ask( don't want to keep bugging you) but I can't figure out what other file to edit?

I did this below

ownership scotland
    era 0 scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    Last edited by stevehoos; January 13, 2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    In order for me too get the Scottishbody guard to show up in the fortress before the late period what else do I have to do besides changing EDU to ERA 0 . I hate to ask( don't want to keep bugging you) but I can't figure out what other file to edit?

I did this below

ownership scotland
    era 0 scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    You work with the wrong file. It will only show in custom battle. Here what you have to do:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1)Find the Export_descr_buildings in your data folder.
    2)do Ctrl +F and type "NE bodyguard"
    3)Here what you'll find:
    recruit_pool "NE Bodyguard" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, poland, hungary, norway, jerusalem, }

4)What's in blue is what you must remove.
    5)Copy that entry on top of the NE Bodyguard:
    recruit_pool "Noble Bodyguard" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { scotland, }
    6)Now in your search (the ctrl+F) search again for "NE Bodyguard" and do the steps 3, 4 and 5.

Et Voilà, now you did modding friend

Thank you!! This mod really made my whole day!

The submod is updated; the Norse Roster is added!! You can download it at the first post. (Scotland roster is also in the download)

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse Roster (beta) Released!!

I'm really liking the looks of this submod. I never could really play Stainless Steel because it made the Northern Factions so vanilla-esque. So thank you for making the game playable for me!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse Roster (beta) Released!!

The same here, I´ve never liked especially the norse vanilla units, so thanks for this. I will sure give it a try it looks really great.I have played SS 6.3 a few times, but with your improvements its a good reason more to try out 6.4

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

What's next to be added ?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    What's next to be added ?
    Good to see there's no problems. I'll take more time for the next release, it will be the Teutonic Order with the Crusader States.

Other pictures of new units in the Norse roster.

DisableRR compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    DisableRR compatible?
    No Sorry

Great initiative seeing as the Scandinavian roster really need an overhaul, but I find it strange that the Royal Hirdsmenn would use scale armour instead of mail (their helmets are also a bit strange), and the shields of the "regular" hirdmenn should be round and of wood. Actually, I think you should make them more like the vanlilla Landsmenn (and you should probably stick to the "Landsmenn" name, since having three different Hird units is a bit over the top), which would mean less armour and more ordinary looking in general. The Huskarl unit should also look more different from the Royal Hird axeman.

The Norwegian "Landvaernsmann" unit should also be renamed into "Leidangsmann", since "Landværn" is a Danish word.

Excellent job cant wait to try it out! Always thought that the norse needed a roster update. +rep
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic Roster (beta) Released!!

Submod updated with the Teutonic Order!!! Including several adjustments, script errors etc.
    One new thing for Scotland, I give a new ability to the Clansmen's chieftains; the warcry ability. You can activate this ability to make this unit more devastating for a while

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic Roster (beta) Released!!

Several pictures from th TO, enjoy

What I'm going to do next is the Crusader States. After that, I'll work on the Late campaign version and adding the Late Roman Empire at the same time + making a new feudal tree system.

This feudal tree will make the dismounted version recruitable at the same tier as the mounted version. The refill rate will be a bit slower than the dismounted one.