Thread: [HISTORICAL ISSUE] - KERA TAMARA - film project

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon5 [HISTORICAL ISSUE] - KERA TAMARA - film project

Kera Tamara was the daughter of the Bulgarian Emperor Ivan Alexander and his second wife Sarah-Theodora. Kera Tamara was a sister of Ivan Shishman and Ivan Sratsimir. She was born in the 1340s and originates from the Shishman dynasty.

The first husband of Kera Tamara was despot Constantine. According to one theory he was the despot of Velbazhd Constantine Dragash whose daughter Helena Dragash married the Byzantine Emperor Manuel II and became mother of the last Byzantine Emperor Constantine XI. However, that theory has been dismissed by the historians because in 1371 Kera Tamara was already a widow while Constantine Dragash died in 1395. Therefore, despot Constantine who was depicted in the Tetraevangelia of Ivan Alexander next to the Bulgarian princess was another man.

As early as 1371 when Ivan Alexander died and Ivan Shishman inherited the throne, in the capital Tarnovo arrived ambassadors from the Ottoman Sultan Murad I to arrange his relations with the new Emperor of Bulgaria. The Sultan who was obviously familiar with the beauty of Kera Tamara and the fact that she was a widow demanded her to become his wife as a guarantee for the peace between the two counties. Ivan Shishman managed to divert his demand and prolonged his decision for seven years. On that occasion an anonymous Bulgarian chronicle from the 15th century records

Last edited by SpyrosM91; January 03, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Default Re: KERA TAMARA - film project

Interesting but the sight of that hooka is pretty failtastic.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

but the sight of that hooka is pretty failtastic.
    ???? I don't get it what you meen

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

hooka > b!tch, whore
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

And what's this? a Bulgarian film? it looks a bit home made

This is not the film but quckly made advertisement clip .The movie is yet to be shot

hooka > b!tch, whore
    intresting when i put it on the transletor it ment наргиле .Yes Nikola i think the same when i read it

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    Yeah we here still eat bananas and our highest technological achievement is the wheel Think before posting
    It's just a clip made by a bunch of enthusiast...
    MORAL

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

So the shooting haven't even started.... For crying out loud....
    CW probably meant nargila, I don't see why he would call her a whore? Even with this Romano-Bulgarian thing going on. But let the man speak for himself.

So the shooting haven't even started.... For crying out loud...
    It was made as experiment to see if the bulgarian society likes the idea of the film.And the intresting is that without no advertisment for several days the fans are 3000 people.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

People enjoy the idea of historical spectacle about their country/character. Can a country come up with required budget is another thing. I say nice, go for it. But when you posted I thought it was the actual movie.

Hooka is what i guess is more popularly called in the Balkans as Nargila. The thing hadn't been invented as far as I know until much later than the film is presented. It would be like seeing a musket in an Alexander the Great film.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

yes nargila