Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: ###UPDATED### WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD

  1. #1

    Icon6 ###UPDATED### WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD

    Hi there,
    I have made a small wolves mod for the OoG and OotMM fractions enabling them to train wolves using the models from Rome: Total War. They don't have handlers and are a shock troop type unit and their power is in the charge but once bogged down they won't last long. It was part of the Arnor & Gundabad units and events mod but that is taking time so I'm releasing some of my work early.

    UPDATED:
    -Unit rebalanced
    -Changed to handler unit so the animations now work
    -Less stuff in the modeldb file
    Still a small bug where the dogs stand after being killed by a special animation but far better than it was.
    They can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJ5I4N1J
    Download Instructions: Unzip the folder anywhere and paste the data folder in to your Third Age folder.
    To avoid any crashes it also might be an idea to back up your data folder.

    Pictures here (There are brown ones too) :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Feel free to use in any other mod just make sure you rep me first and and ask if you can use them

    And remember there is room for improvement so feel free to leave any ideas and I'll do my best
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; January 14, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Beorn's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,258

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    It's looking niiice!
    +rep

  3. #3

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    It's looking niiice!
    +rep
    Thanks Beorn

  4. #4

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    it looks good, but 1000 wolfs lol?
    a little bit to mutch, + rep anyways..!


  5. #5

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    it looks good, but 1000 wolfs lol?
    a little bit to mutch, + rep anyways..!
    That was 300 wolves, they are just spread out lol. Each unit has 100 each. Thanks for the rep btw
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; January 12, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Hi first off.. great you made this for TATW.. i have suggested wolves for like 10 times in the suggestion thread haha.. so i think it's great +rep..

    i also have a few remarks which might improve it even further
    i think wolve packs should be a bit smaller.. i think 50 is already good.. you just alter it with the upkeep and training costs to balance it out again.. packs of 300 wolves is a bit unrealistic haha.. and perhaps also a small change to not have those gondorian man flying through the air.. that's only logical for large creatures i think..

  7. #7

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Nice work Lord Uxbridge.

    +Rep.

  8. #8

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    Nice work Lord Uxbridge.

    +Rep.
    Your welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    Hi first off.. great you made this for TATW.. i have suggested wolves for like 10 times in the suggestion thread haha.. so i think it's great +rep..

    i also have a few remarks which might improve it even further
    i think wolve packs should be a bit smaller.. i think 50 is already good.. you just alter it with the upkeep and training costs to balance it out again.. packs of 300 wolves is a bit unrealistic haha.. and perhaps also a small change to not have those gondorian man flying through the air.. that's only logical for large creatures i think..
    Yeah I probably will change the unit size, their defence stats are quite low so they might die quickly in smaller groups but I'll do some testing with them.

    And about the men flying in the air, I'm not sure I can remove that easily because the only way I can get the wolves to be on their own is for them to be set as elephant so it might be hard to remove. But I'll test with different stats and see.

    And if you use them yourself please say if you think they are OP or not, thanks

  9. #9
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Uxbridge View Post
    Yeah I probably will change the unit size, their defence stats are quite low so they might die quickly in smaller groups but I'll do some testing with them.

    And about the men flying in the air, I'm not sure I can remove that easily because the only way I can get the wolves to be on their own is for them to be set as elephant so it might be hard to remove. But I'll test with different stats and see.

    And if you use them yourself please say if you think they are OP or not, thanks
    well i'm going to try it out after my exams this week.. i really like the idea.. and they look nice to on the pictures.. just the packsize and the impact need to be changed a bit.. i believe the last can be altered by altering the strenght of impact..

  10. #10

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    well i'm going to try it out after my exams this week.. i really like the idea.. and they look nice to on the pictures.. just the packsize and the impact need to be changed a bit.. i believe the last can be altered by altering the strenght of impact..
    I have A level exams this week, I have chemistry tomorrow morning

    They might need a bit better animations too the ones at the moment are alright but the dieing animation because they are set as elephants when the dog goes to fall over he does it a bit suddenly. It's not that bad but it could be better. And I might redo the unit card. Also the Battle_Models file might have another unit I have made but there are no files for it. I hope that won't make a CTD otherwise I will have to find it, it all works for me though.
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; January 12, 2011 at 05:16 PM.

  11. #11
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Perhaps you can use the ancillary resource pic from a wolf from my spmod

  12. #12
    Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece, Europe, Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,543

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Nice work Lord Uxbridge! +rep Always wanted wolves. I'll include them in my mod too, if you don't mind.

    About the men-flying thing, just remove the "area" thing, I think that's what causes it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    Perhaps you can use the ancillary resource pic from a wolf from my spmod
    Maybe, I want to remove any units that don't exist from the battle_models file first because I don't want people to get CTDs. Do you know if it would make a CTD if the only place a unit is mentioned is in there not in the EDU but there are no files for in??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    Nice work Lord Uxbridge! +rep Always wanted wolves. I'll include them in my mod too, if you don't mind.

    About the men-flying thing, just remove the "area" thing, I think that's what causes it.
    Sure, you can use them. But can you wait until I remove any random battle_models entries?? I'm worried about crashes in the game. I'll have to do it tomorrow though ASAP
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; January 12, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    unit coding is only thing i don't know anything about

  15. #15

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    unit coding is only thing i don't know anything about
    Unit coding is what I am best at, it should be fine. Are you any good at animation stuff.
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; January 12, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

  16. #16
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    No i can do some mapping.. coding movies.. making ancillaries.. and other minor stuff.. you should ask alreadyded if he wants to help with the animation..

  17. #17

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    No i can do some mapping.. coding movies.. making ancillaries.. and other minor stuff.. you should ask alreadyded if he wants to help with the animation..
    Yeah, he's quite good at that stuff. I would like to get good at animating and skinning. I'm trying to learn how to script events currently though

  18. #18
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    For which mod are those events? Pm me about it.. and your other plans.. perhaps we can team up

    You should start with 1 specialism.. i believe alreadyded gives a mondeling or animation class i believe..
    Also many workshops and other courses..

  19. #19
    Nergor's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main,Germany
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    I love this unit - looks great, + rep

  20. #20
    paradamed's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brasília, Brasil
    Posts
    5,808

    Default Re: WOLVES/WARDOG UNIT MINI MOD - for personal use or modding

    Great submod. This submod makes the OotMM and OoG more appealing. Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •