Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Hambi View Post
    I already installed this interesting mod and played a few turns without problems, also this African-coast-ctd seems not to occur when sliding the camera over it.

question; is this addon-mod as stable as to say: yes, you can use it and start your campaign without expecting ctds related to only this addon mod, or should I wait for fixes?

Advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
    you can use it , i have it with rs2 enviroments and rs map textures , save the game like every turn and at the after battle screen leave till the music finishes before pressing continue , you will get the odd ctd but i have found it to settle down after a few years

thanks GRANTO!
    Have you found some instructions for adding the textures of RSII or have you done it yourself, guessing that you're skilled in this?

ok found it, sorry. Will add RSII textures prior to the mod, as you suggest

Anyone else here experiencing a massive amount ctds before and after battles with this mod?

actually I only fought 1 battle, and I got a ctd after it was done, when I clicked on the tick...
    I'm using RSII invironment on highest settings. will lower them and try to do a new battle... very frustrating though. cant really recommend it yet

jirisys's Avatar Senator

actually I only fought 1 battle, and I got a ctd after it was done, when I clicked on the tick...
    I'm using RSII invironment on highest settings. will lower them and try to do a new battle... very frustrating though. cant really recommend it yet
    It's not my fault that you use the RSII envs when I told you there was a CTD error.

Then you come here and actually try to blame me because you are stubborn enough to do things that I myself have reccomended not to?

It's voiding the garranty.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; April 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    It's not my fault that you use the RSII envs when I told you there was a CTD error.

Then you come here and actually try to blame me because you are stubborn enough to do things that I myself have reccomended not to?

It's voiding the garranty.

~Jirisys ()

I understand that you're pissed off, but I didn't mean it that way. I dont recommend using your mod together with RSII textures "yet". I might not have stated that clearly enough. I also did not insult you with any words...

anyways; is hgnji using the mod with RSII textures or not?

I've just uninstalled this mod anyways, but no I wasn't using RS2 textures. I don't think I can really relate the ctds with this mod just yet tbh because I've yet to test it thoroughly without it, but so far I've got an unplayable amount of ctds whichever way I install EB.

install rs2 enviroments or map texture before jirisys mega mod , after battles leave till at least the music stops playing before continue , this way ctds only happen rarely oh and make sure uv got 2 gig o ram that helps , jirisys mod is fantastic , rs2 enviroments are fantastic , enjoy

Granto, I did as you suggested. I sent a spy to Carthage and after walking around it crashed... doesn't this happen to you?

jirisys, this seems to be a known problem. Is there a solution to it you are aware of?

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Granto, I did as you suggested. I sent a spy to Carthage and after walking around it crashed... doesn't this happen to you?

jirisys, this seems to be a known problem. Is there a solution to it you are aware of?
    It seems the RSII water textures.

Too bad, they look perfect

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

it doesnt happen that often with me ,mabey once in 20 years or so , how much ram have you got?

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    It seems the RSII water textures.

Too bad, they look perfect

~Jirisys ()
    keep loading it again , it should settle down and not happen so much , you should get 40 -80 moves before it happens {which imo is not a problem at all} you need 2.5 gig o ram though , 0.5 for the computer to run and a whole 2 gig free for the game

well I'm sure its not because of a bad pc. I git 3GB.
    but if only the water textures are put back in from the original EB, it should work better, right?
    is this even possible?

just start it again and load in ur save game , it should settle down , dunno about the water textures i havent really had a problem since i sussed it out , dont lose hope , if you can handle having the odd crash its worth it , i couldnt see me playin eb now without jirisys and rs2 env and rs map

ZOMG!!!

Most awesome submod for EB ever!!!

And idk wtf are ppl complaining about ctds.

Ive never had any so far.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

I did the same battle with medium quality on RSII textures and pressed ok as soon as the battle result popped up; no ctd. I'm sure the more resources needed by high quality settings, the higher the chance for a ctd. it got nothing to do with the Mega Mod pack, which in deed is a great mod!

the only problem left is the ctd when scouting the african coastline... will try again today though. if someone finds a solution, would be great to let others know.

greez,
    Hambi

Hi all!

i've played eb now for quite a while and i love it, easily the best mod for rome, so i thought i would look for any other mods to go with it and found this.
    i must say i never had a ctd with normal eb ever and so far i've had four in 12 turns. i have started a new campain and activated the script also unistalled everything and re-installed it again with all the right patches but it is still the same. i like the look of this mod but i have not had the chance to test it out properly due to the ctd

Quote Originally Posted by abitofananimal View Post
    Hi all!

i've played eb now for quite a while and i love it, easily the best mod for rome, so i thought i would look for any other mods to go with it and found this.
    i must say i never had a ctd with normal eb ever and so far i've had four in 12 turns. i have started a new campain and activated the script also unistalled everything and re-installed it again with all the right patches but it is still the same. i like the look of this mod but i have not had the chance to test it out properly due to the ctd
    I guess you're using it without RSII textures; just plain Rome, Alexander, EB 1.2 and this mod, right?
    when do you get these crashes? on the campaign map or in/after battles?

you were mostly right in your guess but i dont use alexander. its always the same when it crashes and thats when i press end turn