Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Opinion changed about the phalanx

Tried a group of Spartans in vanilla EB formation against a group of Hoplitai Haploi in your phalanx formation, it was an even match.... Got the Spartans back into your formation: a massacre of the poor Haploi...

So, yeah, im gonna stick to your phalanx mod

Still don't really like the way the guys in the back rows form a tiny-ish version of the Macedonian phalanx, but hey, the fact that the new formation actually makes them fight like hoplites is worth it Didn't really think it would be that much of a difference until I tested it myself.

Anyway, thanks for this cool sub mod/sub mod collection, and for telling me how to edit that formation
    + rep

You are going to add more submods? I wish that you will add the City mod, Win Conditions etc.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    You are going to add more submods? I wish that you will add the City mod, Win Conditions etc.
    The stable version is this one, win conditions need more work (since I lost the altered files ) and city mod is too buggy and unresolved. It's not compatible with night battles either.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

In my Pontos campaign, CTD on the FIRST TURN! I was going to assault Mazaka but before the battle commenced, it crashed. Well that's really frustrating.
    My shortcut : "the ALX path" -mod:EB -show_err -nm -ne -noalexander
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lmt96 View Post
    In my Pontos campaign, CTD on the FIRST TURN! I was going to assault Mazaka but before the battle commenced, it crashed. Well that's really frustrating.
    My shortcut : "the ALX path" -mod:EB -show_err -nm -ne -noalexander
    Ok...

Zoom all out, that helps. Set affinity to your second CPU... Get more RAM.

I'm sorry, but it might happen sometimes pre-battle, but it ain't too common.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

hi , i have been getting ctds with belgae campaign a few turns in , using this with rs2 enviroments , other factions seem to be fine except belgae, is this common?

wiande's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    hi , i have been getting ctds with belgae campaign a few turns in , using this with rs2 enviroments , other factions seem to be fine except belgae, is this common?
    you got jirisyssubmoded owned, this was a trap !!!!!!

doh........

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Is it compatible with the RS2 textures then? I installed them and the splash screen is back to normal EB, yet the mods still seem intact. How can I know for sure?
    Last edited by ROFL Copter; March 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by wiande View Post
    you got jirisyssubmoded owned, this was a trap !!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    doh........
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Is it compatible with the RS2 textures then? I installed them and the splash screen is back to normal EB, yet the mods still seem intact. How can I know for sure?

It has the water textures. The land textures cause more campaign map CTDs and the battle-map causes CTDs a LOT. I tested it, but if you want to try it; there's no problem

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Really wish the RS2 battle map textures could eventually be added, but at the moment this is still the best mod for the best mod for the entire Rome game! Fanatastic work, do the battle map textures add more CTDs? Those are the ones that look incredible, the campaign ones arent worth the heavy CTDs they can cause

I have found{through much experimenting} that putting the rs2 enviroments and map textures in seperatly before the alex mega mod works for me , played 20 years with only 1 ctd , before i was putting them in after alex mega mod and crashing like mad , worth a try people , works for me , also keeping the game files defragged regulary seems to stop crashing when loading battles

Wow... I mean I don't even play EB anymore, or any other games for that part either, but I did try this sub-mod for a while and it's simply the best of its kind.
    I recommend it.
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; April 09, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

The Wicked's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by spartan753 View Post
    Opinion changed about the phalanx

Tried a group of Spartans in vanilla EB formation against a group of Hoplitai Haploi in your phalanx formation, it was an even match.... Got the Spartans back into your formation: a massacre of the poor Haploi...

So, yeah, im gonna stick to your phalanx mod

Still don't really like the way the guys in the back rows form a tiny-ish version of the Macedonian phalanx, but hey, the fact that the new formation actually makes them fight like hoplites is worth it Didn't really think it would be that much of a difference until I tested it myself.

Anyway, thanks for this cool sub mod/sub mod collection, and for telling me how to edit that formation
    + rep
    Still a unit of hoplitai haploi devastated a unit of phalangitai deuteroi from the FRONT..!!!! yes they had their casualties but they passed through the ranks of pikes and engaged the pike man in hand to hand combat and massacred them, and a second thing is that again the pikemen cannot stop a charging cavalry unit again from the front, what's wrong with the piked phalanx?

MAKEDONIA WAS,IS AND WILL BE HELLENIC
    http://macedonia-evidence.org/faq-history.html

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked View Post
    Still a unit of hoplitai haploi devastated a unit of phalangitai deuteroi from the FRONT..!!!! yes they had their casualties but they passed through the ranks of pikes and engaged the pike man in hand to hand combat and massacred them, and a second thing is that again the pikemen cannot stop a charging cavalry unit again from the front, what's wrong with the piked phalanx?
    In reality, that would have happened.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Hey man! Nice sub-mod you got there. It's got the hoplitic phalanx type I like. Is this plalanx mod only for Alexander??? I don't see it in your Rome version. Can you please explain the instalation for Alexander? I copy-paste the paths (target and start) from the original Rome exe or Alexander (they're the same). What exactly is supposed to happen??? Your icon doesn't change to anything, and if I press the Alexander exe it starts the original game. Something I do wrong I guess. If you please..?
    You know, just out of sheer luck, I got it to work the first time - although I got many crashes. But still, I saw that formation
    Bottom line: A) rome + 1,3 + 1,5 + Alexander + EB 1.2 + your mode for rome = works with EB single or multiplayer exe (but no phalanx mod)
    B) rome + 1,3 + 1,5 + Alexander + EB 1.2 + your mode for Alexander = crash (generic error, failed to load sound database bla bla bla). I fail to grasp the tweaking.....

The Wicked's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    In reality, that would have happened.

~Jirisys ()
    yeap but not by levies.....

MAKEDONIA WAS,IS AND WILL BE HELLENIC
    http://macedonia-evidence.org/faq-history.html

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Hey man! Nice sub-mod you got there. It's got the hoplitic phalanx type I like. Is this plalanx mod only for Alexander??? I don't see it in your Rome version. Can you please explain the instalation for Alexander? I copy-paste the paths (target and start) from the original Rome exe or Alexander (they're the same). What exactly is supposed to happen??? Your icon doesn't change to anything, and if I press the Alexander exe it starts the original game. Something I do wrong I guess. If you please..?
    You know, just out of sheer luck, I got it to work the first time - although I got many crashes. But still, I saw that formation
    Bottom line: A) rome + 1,3 + 1,5 + Alexander + EB 1.2 + your mode for rome = works with EB single or multiplayer exe (but no phalanx mod)
    B) rome + 1,3 + 1,5 + Alexander + EB 1.2 + your mode for Alexander = crash (generic error, failed to load sound database bla bla bla). I fail to grasp the tweaking.....
    No, it's for both

Yeah, you have to keep the '-mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander -enable_editor' at the end of the path.

Huh... I don't have that problem. Didn't have it and I made a clean EB/JMMPAlex install.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked View Post
    yeap but not by levies.....
    Levies v. Levies, the ones pushing and piercing will beat the crud out of the phalangites who are just holding their spears.

Deuteroi = levy
    Haploi = levy

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

wiande's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post
    Wow... I mean I don't even play EB anymore, or any other games for that part either, but I did try this sub-mod for a while and it's simply the best of its kind.
    I recommend it.
    probably, if you're not part of those having land ctd with north africa

I already installed this interesting mod and played a few turns without problems, also this African-coast-ctd seems not to occur when sliding the camera over it.

question; is this addon-mod as stable as to say: yes, you can use it and start your campaign without expecting ctds related to only this addon mod, or should I wait for fixes?

Advice would be much appreciated, thanks!