Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Default Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Welcome!
    Forum members and lurkers alike, Europa Barbarorum fans all.

You may have seen several mod packs, some planned, some made; some good, some buggy, some useless; and many small.

However, You've never seen Mini Mod pack so large, that it must be named Mega Mod Pack. You have now.
    One that will completely change the way you play and feel the game, that will upgrade your experience to a whole lot better.

Introducing:
    Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack

JEBMMP v1.1 Alpha The 1.1 Alpha version of the JEBMMP is available to be downloaded by anyone. The current build as of this writing (1.1 Alpha Build 2 + Hotfix 1) is a very barebones version that contains many fixes I deemed essential to the mod pack; it is perfectly stable (I have used it personally ever since I developed it, even for video game streaming and multiplayer on EB Online), but contains no enhancing mods at all except for my own ExTSO and the Historical Battles Add-On (which I also deemed indispensable, hence why I added it to the alpha build).
    JEBMMP v1.0x With two versions:
    Jirisys' Rome: Total War - Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack
    Rome: Total War version
    Current version is 1.0.2
    With 22 Mini Mods, Mega Mods, Fixes and changes included and bug tested to be compatible with each other.

Release Notes

Code:
    v. 1.0.2
    *Removed bugged mods
    *Removed the preferences.txt file
    *Edited the ReadMe
    ======------------======
    v. 1.0.1
    *Corrected mispelled name in the ReadMe.
    *Corrected mispelled mod name in the ReadMe.
    *Added Rome sign on both installation images.
    *Added .exe at the end of Rome in the Installation's program name.
    *New Splash Screen.
    *Edited Typographical error in the ReadMe
    *Added several new mods
    Jirisys' Rome: Total War - Alexander - Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack
    Alexander version
    Current version is 1.0.3
    With 27 Mini Mods, Mega Mods, Fixes, changes and the capability to run EB on the Alexander expansion engine, with more stability and greater units, the one recommended by the creator (if you have the Alexander expansion).

Release Notes

Code:
    v. 1.0.3
    *Removed bugged mods
    *Corrected an EDU entry
    *Removed the preferences.txt file
    *Edited the ReadMe
    ======------------======
    v. 1.0.2
    *Corrected mispelled name in the ReadMe
    *Corrected mispelled mod name in the ReadMe
    *New Splash Screen.
    *Edited Typographical error in the ReadMe
    *Added several new mods
    ======------------======
    v. 1.0.1:
    *Added missing name from an uncredited mod from Atraphoenix to the mod list.
    *Edited several typographical errors in the ReadMe and Install.
    *Changed the name to "Jirisys' Rome: Total War - Alexander - Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack" in order to distinguish from the Rome: Total War version.
    *Added Atraphoenix' Extended Offices Mod and Atraphoenix' Roma Surrectum Legions Adaptation Mod to the installation
    *Corrected a Typographical error in the 'Saka Late Cataphract UI Correction''s folder name.
    *Added an Alexander sign in both installation images.
    *Correctly replaced an old modified "descr_cultures.txt" with an error for a fully functional one.
    *Added the Force Diplomacy 1.2 ReadMe inside the root folder, it was stated that it was already there, but it was forgotten.
    However, there is no planned version for the Barbarian Invasion engine since it has mostly the same properties as the Rome: Total War engine

The list of mods that are contained in common between each other are as follows:

• EB 1.2 Official Script, Sprites and EDB fixes.
    • Darth Vader's AI Formations v. 16.2 for EB.
    • Cute Wolf's Garamantine and Habukoz Scandinavian Fix.
    • TuCoT's Eastern Hellenic Portrait Pack.
    • Jarardo's ForceDiplomacy Minimod.
    • Jirisys' Phalanx Mod Reduplication.
    • New EB Quotes.
    • Tellos Athenaios' Unnoficial Trivial Script Update.
    • Vartan's EB Online MP EDU 1.1
    • Megas Methuselah's Watchtower/Village Mod.
    • Jirisys' Watchtower/Village UI Mod Addition.
    • Centurio Nixalsverdrus' Getting Rid of the Giant Trees Mod.
    • LDC Historical Battles Pack Mod 2.0
    • Jirisys' Saka Late Cataphract Unit UI Correction.
    • Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod.
    • Atraphoenix' Extended Offices Mod.
    • JEBMMP's splash screen for Rome: Total War.
    • socal_infidel's Strat and Battle Map Mini Mod.
    • Hannibal Smith's Roma Surrectum 2 Environements for EB (Only water is included).
    • Archer's Skymod (Only lens flare).
    • konny's Trait Changes (only command stars).
    • Jirisys' Polybian Triarii and Pedites Extraordinarii Unit Size Correction.

Links, descriptions and images
    EB 1.2 Official Script, Sprites and EDB fixes.
    This official EB 1.2 fix adds missing sprites, missing nomad mercenary general recruitment and several EBBS script fixes. This will possibly remove any errors you may have had before. No screenshots (obviously).

Darth Vader's AI Formations v 16.2 for EB.
    What it does is make the AI get better formations at the start of a battle, with many historically realistic formations. Adapted for EB by Lysander13.
    Image from Darth's TWCenter Thread (in RTW engine, not EB):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cute Wolf's Garamantine and Habukoz Scandinavian Fix.
    This mod changes the model of the Garamantine, Gaut and Scandinavian spearmen, so that they use their sharp side of the spears (they used the blunt side, the back).
    Screenshots (Don't worry about the silly banners, It's Cute Wolf's idea of historicity):

TuCoT's Eastern Hellenic Portrait Pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by TuCoT View Post
    This add-on includes new and more realistic diadochi general and civilian portraits. (Arche Seleukeia, Ptolemaioi and Baktria)
    Don't worry about the historical accuracy (...) They're just Greek generals wears in Egyptian and Eastern fashion.
    A Collage of many portraits:

Jarardo's ForceDiplomacy Minimod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarardo View Post
    This mini mod (V 1.2) will allow you to force the AI factions to agree to your diplomatic proposals in EB v 1.2
    As long as you activate it anyway. Instructions are in the ReadMe contained in your Rome: Total War folder.
    Screenshot of it's use:

Jirisys' Phalanx Mod Reduplication.
    It modifies the Makedonian and Classical phalanx, the Makedonian phalanxes are now more vulnerable from missiles, they push harder, but it may make them push so hard that they lose formation cohesion. The Classical phalanx now marches without dragging the spears beneath the ground, have shorter, 9 foot spears, keep the formation when charging and fighting, making them push harder, being less lethal to reflect hoplite warfare.
    Screenshots from the original creator's thread (Only from the classical phalangites, as the effect for the Makedonian phalangites cannot be shown on images):

New EB Quotes.
    Modifies and adds several new quotes for the transition screen, the old ones have a more expanded source and new ones are great just as well. An official EB AddOn.
    Screenshots:

Tellos Athenaios' Unnoficial Trivial Script Update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    I've stumbled on a bug in the ebconfig.xml file shipped with the Trivial Script in the EB 1.1 installer: instead of using -show_err, it uses -show_error.

While I was editing my ebconfig.xml anyway I added a few other options I thought might come in handy:

1.Support for multirun parameter: use it to run multiple instances of EB side by side
    2.Support for na parameter: use it to disable all audio from EB
    3.Support for ai parameter: use it to let the AI control all factions so you can watch
    4.Support for movie_cam parameter: use it for better screenshot capture in replays
    Screenshots:

Vartan's EB Online MP EDU 1.1
    It's a modified EDU version for playing the Official (Unofficial) EB Multiplayer and their respective tournaments, to be played with Vartan's Hamachi Network. For more information, visit the EB Online Website. No Screenshots (Obviously).

Megas Methuselah's Watchtower/Village Mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    I think the "barbarian" factions get the coolest watchtowers. They look like little villages, you know? It gives off the appearance of the map being more densely populated. Anyways, I thought, "Why not give all the factions a village for a watchtower, eh? It would look awesome, having more than one settlement per region." So, did is what I did. It's quite simple, to be honest.
    Screenshots:

Jirisys' Watchtower/Village UI Mod Addition.
    (Unlisted Mod). This Mod replaces the regular Watchtower UI from watchtower images to village images to be paired with Megas Methuselah's Watchtower Village Mod.
    Screenshots:

Centurio Nixalsverdrus' Getting Rid of the Giant Trees Mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post
    I have edited the map_climates.tga file (which determines the vegetation of a tile in the EB main campaign) to get rid of the annoying giant California Redwood Trees. These were loaded into a battle or settlement-on-battlemap-view when the tile in question had the dark green "alpine" colour. To get rid of these, I changed every single tile with this colour to either northern European (dark orange) or lower mountainside (yellow) colour.
    Screenshots:
    Before:

After:

LDC's Historical Battles Pack Mod 2.0
    Adds 32 Historical Battles created by LDC to the Historical Battles menu.
    Screenshots:

Jirisys' Saka Late Cataphract Unit UI Correction.
    Not a mod in itself, it's a fix, the UI image has a space after the name, which causes the Late Cataphract UI Unit Card Image to be the "generic" one. No screenshots.

Atraphoenix' Realistic Movement Mod.
    This mod adds realistical movement points to every army, character and navy to be able to move the distance each of them would within three months.
    Screenshots:

Atraphoenix' Extended Offices Mod.
    This mod adds ancilliaries to several factions, adds legatus for 35 legions and several satraps or governor ancilliaries. They are a great roleplaying mechanism and add to your faction's governors abilities.
    Screenshots:

JEBMMP's splash screen for Rome: Total War.

socal_infidel's Strat and Battle Map Mini Mod.

Hannibal Smith's Roma Surrectum 2 Environements for EB (Only water is included).

Archer's Skymod (Only lens flare).

konny's Trait Changes (only command stars).

Jirisys' Polybian Triarii Unit and Pedites Extraordinarii Size Correction.

The list of mods that are exclusive the the Alexander expansion engine are:
    • Maksimus' Alexander EB Mod.
    • Jirisys' No Torches for Night Battles (Light Effects Off) Mod.
    • Atraphoenix' Roma Surrectum Legions Adaptation.
    • lt1956's Aquilifer unit.
    • JEBMMP's splash screen for Rome: Total War - Alexander.

Links, descriptions and images
    Maksimus' Alexander EB Mod.
    This mod gives you the ability to run EB with the Alexander expansion engine. Gives you the ability to fight night battles, the retraining feature is used by the AI, also is the naval invasion and battle flanking and better tactics; it also adds better movement to phalanxes than the one on Rome: Total War. Use the most stable engine of all Rome: Total War expansions.
    Screenshots (From the mod thread):

Jirisys' No Torches for Night Battles (Light Effects Off) Mod.
    (Unlisted mod). It provides realism to night battles; the soldiers no longer hold torches and fight, and the light glow (to which the Light effects Off refers) beneath their feet is removed, gives a far better aspects to night battles.
    Screenshots:

Atraphoenix' Roma Surrectum Legions Adaptation.
    It adds 39 Roma Surrectum Legions to recruit for roleplay purposes and also a great addon for Romani (and non-Romani fans) to be able to battle through the main Roman legions of the marian and imperial era. 13 for marian reforms, 22 for the imperial reforms and two praetorian legions.
    Screenshots:

lt1956's Aquilifer unit.
    It adds a Aquilifer (Eagle carrier (Roman officer, carrier of the Aquila (Eagle Standart))) to the roman first cohorts (and Atraphoenix' Praetorian first cohort).
    Screenshots:

JEBMMP's splash screen for Rome: Total War - Alexander.
    Instructions for both the Rome: Total War and the Rome: Total War - Alexander versions are contained either, in the ReadMe file (JRTWEBMMP ReadMe.txt and JRTWAEBMMP ReadMe.txt respectively) in the Installation section. Or within the executable, in the same section in the readme within it.

Unfortunately, this mod is Not Save-Game Compatible, and very likely that newer versions will not be either with the old ones, or on themselves.
    Unless expecifically stated, The newer versions will be fully compatible, but you will still need to restart your campaign.

The file is an executable (.exe) and is 113 MB for the Rome: Total War current version (v. 1.0.2) and 148 MB for the Rome: Total War - Alexander current version (v. 1.0.3).

Download links are in the post below, or you can go to the downloads page on my website.
    This page will be automatically updated with each new version, so stay tuned to it

Please consider providing feedback, and any suggestions.
    Thank you, and enjoy!

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; August 09, 2020 at 11:28 AM.
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

JEBMMP 1.1 Alpha JEBMMP 1.1 Alpha Build.
    The 1.1 Alpha version of the JEBMMP is available to be downloaded by anyone. The current build as of this writing (1.1 Alpha Build 2 + Hotfix 1) is a very barebones version that contains many fixes I deemed essential to the mod pack; it is perfectly stable (I have used it personally ever since I developed it, even for video game streaming and multiplayer on EB Online), but contains no enhancing mods at all except for my own ExTSO and the Historical Battles Add-On (which I also deemed indispensable, hence why I added it to the alpha build).

Download link.

JEBMMP 1.0x BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD!

There is a serious problem that causes lots and lots of CTDs, it's the New Quotes and a Watchtower Village Mod error I made, they have some issues that cause CTDs, so here is the fix. MUST HAVE. Just extract it into your RTW folder (e.g. D:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War).

Download CTD fix

Jirisys' Rome: Total War - Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack v. 1.0.2
    (113 MB)
    Download link.

Jirisys' Rome: Total War - Alexander - Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack v. 1.0.3
    (148 MB)
    Download link.

Submods
    I took into account the advice of "Easterner" back in the Guild, so, I'm releasing these semi-complete submods that I had stored for the new release.
    These submods are 100% save-game compatible, just extract it into your RTW\ folder.

Submods
    • Victory Conditions images for the Victory Conditions mod. (I've altered the VCs a tad, but it's fully SGC).
      Download link.

• The Epilektoi Hoplitai Voice Correction (No longer do they say "Thorakitai Hoplitai", but "Hoplitai").
      Download link.

• Extended Trivial Script Options (ExTSO) 1.1 (you can use Trivial script to play with multiple engines now!).
      ExTSO at the JEBMMP Website

Requested fixes:
    Requested fixes

• Disable Realistic Movement Mod.
      Reverts strat map movement to vanilla settings. To disable the Realistic Movement Mod, just extract this file in your RTW folder. NOT YOUR EB FOLDER. Your RTW one, where RTW.exe is in..
      Download link.
    Unofficial Submods:
    Unofficial Submods

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; August 09, 2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Signature

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Good work
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

impressive work

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

Hi Jirisys,

Fantastic work but on all the download links I get this message:
    DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.

Can you help! I love your mod.

M

jirisys's Avatar Senator

M? Mulceber?

Have you tried with another mirror?

Use FileFront or File Factory...

Nevermind, I figured out the problem, there was a mistake with the URL when passing it from the Org to here. I'll be more careful next time, thanks for the advice.

~Jirisys (I'll check on them right now)
    Last edited by jirisys; January 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Signature

Thank you very much for this great mega-mod!
    2 questions:
    You can add RSII The new environments?
    Includes files Maksimus EAEM?
    Thanks

jirisys's Avatar Senator

I will add the aerial map and water textures for the strat, but... With the climates and trees and all that, You can't play too many battles or do many things without crashing, I'm going to try to add it in the next version and figure out how to adapt it.
    No it isn't there, I think it would replace several modded files already; however you could just modify my modded files and I see no problem with CTD or anything.

~Jirisys (Stay tuned )
    Signature

jirisys Thanks for your quick response!
    Best wishes!

jirisys's Avatar Senator

No problem, I'm quick...

~Jirisys (Not for EVERYTHING!!!!!!)
    Signature

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

I have been playing with the RSII environments and the naval strat mod and I seem to do alright for myself. Cant tell if the occassional crashes I get or just normal crashes or related to incompatability or anything. Theyre always after battle crashes though so I think it might be because I get too impatient and dont let the end battle screen sit for a bit. In my Greek campaign I managed to get pretty far along before I hit an after battle crash so I think the environments can be installed before this mod and still work right. Its more or less just a graphics update to the battle maps anyway

Really Nice compilation of mini-mods ...installed this over fresh Rome and EB 1.2 ... facing a lot of after-battle CTD's even after waiting for a while before closing the menu ...Any idea why ?

jirisys's Avatar Senator

What version of the mod is this? RTW was 1.5? Did you install any other mods afterwards? Did you use the shortcut that is located in the RTW folder (If it is the alexander version)?

~Jirisys (I need more info please)
    Last edited by jirisys; January 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Signature

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Don't worry about the silly banners, It's Cute Wolf's idea of historicity

you didn't delibrately insert my joke AAR Sweboz banner inside the mega mod pack don't you?

Cute Wolf

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post

you didn't delibrately insert my joke AAR Sweboz banner inside the mega mod pack don't you?

Cute Wolf
    Not even when drunk...

~Jirisys (neither mad nor crazy)
    Signature

Nice work! +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Not even when drunk...

~Jirisys (neither mad nor crazy)
    oh, so you pack this mod pack when drunk?

(BTW, how about the fix on two handed swordsmen?)

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    oh, so you pack this mod pack when drunk?

(BTW, how about the fix on two handed swordsmen?)
    Ahistorical.

You said it yourself.

~Jirisys (I don't drink... water)
    Signature

jirisys any opportunity to add China's Maksimus units, I love these units ....

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kornella View Post
    jirisys any opportunity to add China's Maksimus units, I love these units ....
    As long as I am given the link and possibly not alter heavily important files, yes.

By the way, version 1.01 of JRTWEBMMP and 1.02 of JRTWAEBMMP are up for good

~Jirisys (Enjoy!)
    Signature

Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast