Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for 6.4! - Post CTDs in a new topic!

CelticAssassin's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug Reports for 6.4!

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    just copy paste this at the bottom

[misc]
    show_hud_date=true
    Worked, thanks Newt. +rep

so my problem is that I have a clean install of both 6.3 and the 6.4 patch and before i installed 6.4 everything worked perfectly and i loved the game, but now with 6.4 my game window is smaller and in the left hand top corner of my screen and I dont know why thats happened?

thanks Meneth! worked perfectly

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

not a bug per sé, but still an annoyance...

In early campaign when choosing faction there are no borders when displaying the starting territories and in late campaign there is...

I prefer non-border mini-maps so this could maybe be adressed...

Nessun Maggior Dolores che Ricordarsi del Tempo Felice Nella Miseri

Thanks for the quick response!
    The launcher works =)

I don´t know if it´s already known, but with a german version of MTW2 some factions are muted (at least on the campaign map), for example Novgorod, Kiev and I think it was Poland. Already had that problem in SS6.3

The Grand Campaign Mod had the same problem, there was a fix for it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176117

Only problem for me: what are the correct names for the different nations? Fix doesnt sound that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wölfchen View Post
    The launcher works =)

I don´t know if it´s already known, but with a german version of MTW2 some factions are muted (at least on the campaign map), for example Novgorod, Kiev and I think it was Poland. Already had that problem in SS6.3

Only problem for me: what are the correct names for the different nations? Fix doesnt sound that complicated.
    I think Fred Putz had that one fixed for 6.3 but seeing as totalwar-zone.de shut down I can't link you to it. Maybe he sees this, I'll drop him a visitor message in any case

Ninefingers's Avatar Civis

Few minor things I've noticed over the course of a few campaigns, still playing a fresh 6.4 with no submods.

- Hanseatic League headquarters offered in more than one city; playing as Denmark, I had already received (and accepted) an offer for the HL HQ in Arhus, and when I bought Hamburg from the HRE it was offered there as well. I declined, so I don't know if it would have actually built it or not but I assume so. This is only a bug assuming that the HQ is supposed to be unique.

- Playing as Aragon, I bought Toledo (God, I like to buy provinces) from Leon and among the units spawned there were Mailed Foot Knights, whose unit description depicted two-handed axemen. Unit description text and stats looked normal, as did the unit card.

- During several occasions of (you guessed it) purchasing provinces from AI factions, if the province is a sufficiently high-level castle a generic unit of General's Bodyguard will spawn there; just the cavalry, without the general. The unit remains 0 upkeep and can be retrained.

"The enemy flees! Probably back to his palaces and prostitutes!" -Eastern faction battle announcer, Rome: Total War

I play the Crown of Aragon. My generals have no negative
    characteristics, King is decent and the successor of the crown is not bad at all. Their
    movements were normal, but they stayed for 3 rounds in castles/city and I practically
    can't move them.
    For example. From Barcelona to the nearest town, a simple general's move would take 40 turns. What's the cause? Inventory? It's not
    written anywhere that for some reason, they have limited movement.
    Tarried too long? Rheumatism or they're lazy?

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Wölfchen View Post
    The launcher works =)

For 6.4 the "old" 6.3 version should work too:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393831

Unfortunatly the Totalwar-Zone.de is dead as Bane already mentioned. If Your looking for a new german TW site - it´s here:
    http://strategie-zone.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=209 as part of the "Strategiezone.de". There is also a small Stainless Steel area and a nice musicthread.

I wanted to integrate that "soundfix" into the new upcoming and overhauled german translation i´m working on atm. (Featuring "Heldenhaft" and some Improvements from the latest RR/RC version which was more accurate all the time) Should work with the setup.exe too - i´ll have a look at that later (next weekend will be release - perhaps)
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Don´t forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

Rock´n´Roll!

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Need to add spear militia to russia and kievan_rus factions for recruiting in low-level town barracks - they can also recruit junior militia but the slave faction can't recruit junior militia.
    So slave faction can't recruit anything in low-level barracks in russia and kievan_rus faction creator regions. (easy enough to do.)

also need to add Baltic Spearmen to units slave has ownership of, as they appear to be only spears recruitable in lithuania faction creator regions, and slave can't recruit anything in those settlements
    in low-level barracks either unless it has ownership of them.

I cant even start playing 6.4.
    6.3 worked perfectly but when i upgraded to 6.4 it crashes right before any cinemas or loadings.
    all i see is cool picture of some templar and then it crashes to desktop and doesnt give any errors or anything.

I have windows 7 and have Savage AI, RR/RC and permanent arrows and watchtowers

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Please report only non-CTD bug's in this topic, such as typos or graphical errors.

If you have a CTD (crash to desktop) problem, create a new thread in this sub-forum.
    Information to include:

• when is the CTD happening (turn number, who's turn, which era)
    • attach your zipped/rared system.log (can be found in start menu -> stainless steel -> error log)
    • optionally you can attach the save game file.

Most importantly, if you encounted a CTD or CTM(crash to menu) on faction selection and you just installed 6.4, this is most probably an UAC\VirtualStore Problem.
    The release thread has a solution to this, another way would be to install 6.3 in a different folder outside Program Files, and install 6.4 on it. Due to the nature of the launcher this solution will work.

I had this problem while I was using the SS Setup, I clicked late campaign then unchecked permanent arrows then pressed ok and I got this error message.

"Error while processing Watchtowers.txt

File does not exist:
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt"

then I reinstalled a clean 6.3 then 6.4 and I'm still getting this pop up, help

newt's Avatar Primicerius

OS?
    Steam?

windows7 and I'm not using steam for m2tw.
    6.2 or 6.3 didn't give me any problems like this

Where did you install it? Program files is not a good place. Put it somewhere else if that's where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Where did you install it? Program files is not a good place. Put it somewhere else if that's where it is.
    moved the folder and it worked.
    why is program files not a good place?

Because of UAC, Vista doesn't allow changes to files in program files

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Same with Windows 7.
    In general, never install games into Program Files, as games often require the modification of files. Program Files is set up to not allow the modification of files.