Thread: SS 6.4 Southern Europe Siege Crash

Default SS 6.4 Southern Europe Siege Crash

Hey guys, when I siege southern europe cities in map i click start battle button and game crashes on loading screen, others have no problem.Does anyone know that bug, i do some research in forum but i cant find any info, can you help me.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: SS 6.4 Southern Europe Siege Crash

It happens to me too, because I have an integrated GPU and can only use 3.2 GB of my RAM because my Windows 7 is 32 bit. I fixed it by downgrading every graphics setting (except unit size, which I keep on huge) to the lowest possible. When I've already entered battle, I can increase them. I can decrease them again when I'm about to exit so it doesn't crash before the next battle. There's something weird going on here because my computer, in practice, has no problem running the game at its maximum settings (except when scotching large amounts of soldiers at the same time with Greek fire), so as long as I can cheat my way past the loading screen, I'm fine. Might be different for you though, but this is my idea of your issue.

Same is happening to me. just tried installing the bugfix thing but it hasn't helped my campaign in progress, which I was enjoying.
    messing with settings hasn't helped either

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

Try this. Works like a charm for me. I didn't know of its existence yet at the time of my previous post.

unfortunately that didn't work either, thanks though

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

To what .exe did you apply it?

I am also experiencing CTD whenever my Siphonatores (The Greek fire) strikes and scorches a huge mass of units on the castle gate.

My laptop is a HP pavilion 15 gaming, Windows 10, 8GB ram (going to upgrade it to 16GB) and I can run any modern game on high settings normally.

My game is the steam version and I am using SS 6.4 with No mercy gracul AI plus BGRV. Tried to patch the game using 4GB (on the SS 6.4 launcher and setup.exe as well) but this weird and annoying CTD keeps happening whenever Siphonatores comes to action.

Any idea on how to fix it?
    Last edited by Rafaelvdervaart; October 26, 2021 at 07:54 PM.