Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 156590105106107108109110111112113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,297 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

It didn't work for me and I don't know anybody's fix because this topic doesn't say us that we needed to update it with someone's fix thing. It still doesn't work for me.

What O/S are you using, (I use Win7 64 bit), what are your system specs and can you post the error log. To ensure that 6.4 and meloo was going in to the right folders I ran the exe's and installed them into separate dummy folders. That way I could see the file structure and knew exactly where to place them. I installed 6.3, ran it checked working and able to launch campaign.. Then copy/pasted my 6.4 install. checked it, then copy/pasted meloo fix, ran SS_setup and unticked everything but the AI and it worked. I have 0 UAC enabled. And because I'm paranoid, also set both the kingdoms exe and the medieveal2 exe to administrator. If using Win 10, and not using the copy paste method, you might need to set the ss6.4 exe to run as administrator and (maybe even the meloo patch).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    It pays to read all the fine print. Now working - needed to run the SS_setup again without any but AI selected to run (and finalise setup) as stated in meloo's patch notes. The batch file doesn't do this automatically so you might (like me ) assume that if you just run the melloo patch per the SS6.3/SS6.4 installation instruction that will do. Gumby award for me but happy that it is working.
    There is my guide that also links to an installer for Meloo's fix - for the fix it's important to have the default setting, the reason for which you noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meloo's fix installer
    INSTALLATION

It is recommended that you have a clean version of SS6.4, that means no third party submods.

1 - Deactivate any submod with the SS_setup.exe - ignore at your peril, Gig.
    2 - Run this installer
    4 - Before launching the game you must run the SS_setup.exe with no submod selected
    (just the mandatory AI option of course) this will finalize the bugfix setup.
    5 - Now you can run the SS_setup.exe again, activate any submod you want and play as normal
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 10, 2020 at 08:53 PM.

Hi guys. I usually play Medieval TW 2 using Steam remote play (the game is running on my PC and i play on laptop). My question is will i be able to play the same way Stainless Steel?

Thank you

Blog Entries

Mods are an extension of the game so you shouldn't have a problem. You may have to copy and rename the medieval2.exe file to kingdoms.exe to make the mod Steam compatible and start it from it's desktop shortcut. A guide for installation of the mod and the copy\rename procedure can be found here.

I'm not guessing there is a Mac version of Stainless Steel or a simple way to play it with the Medieval II Total War Steam version for Mac? My head is pounding from trying to use skins to get the .exe files to work.

Blog Entries

Check here for more info. The current version is all small caps so it should make an installation easier.

is there a link for the old 6.3/6.4 files that dont include meloos fix?
    SSHIP doesnt work with the newer version.

Blog Entries

The old download link can be found at modDB.

Hi! i have the lastest version SS 6.4 with bugfix compilation 1.27 and im with hungary. i have constantinople and if i have a huge city defence battle in it then it crashes when i fininsh the battle.
    When first i had this i just played with auto result and it was fine. But after like 30 turns there is another one and it crashes the same way so i have to lose with auto result again. Pretty funny that the most important part of my campaign cannot be played out.

My pc is much stronger then what is needed so that shouldnt be the problem. Any idea what is happening? thanks!

i can't get rid of the RR feature, is there any way to get rid of it ??

Blog Entries

Deselect using set up? Then start a new campaign.

Foederatus

Thank you for your Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    Congrats! +Rep and such what...

Hmm....
    ya beni whatsapp grubuna alırmısınız steen steel ile alakalı sorunlar yaşıyorum yardımcı olurmusunuz

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    Congrats! +Rep and such what...

Hmm....
    ya beni whatsapp grubuna alırmısınız steen steel ile alakalı sorunlar yaşıyorum yardımcı olurmusunuz ynmz_mt instagram yazarsan sevinirim

Hello.
    I have a standalone game that I bought a long time ago. After installing this mod the it only opens the Steam page. I dont want that, I'd have to buy the game again.
    Is this mod Steam only? I tried reinstalling with ModDB files and after instalaltion it asked me that Steam was detected on my system and if i wanted to play it through Steam? I clicked NO. Forced Steam to open anyway and I'm stuck at M2:TW steam page to buy it.

Is this mod steam exclusive or is there a way to play without steam?
    Thanks.

Friends told me it probably only works with steam so I got the steam version and no more fiddling the CD-s. Nevermind. Looking forward to this masterpiece of a mod.