Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 136388103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2297

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Released!

The Torrent links aren't working for me.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

gameupdate is offline for a long time now - might even be closed. Try the other links.

Anyone who still hosts the torrents please get in touch with Losthief so that the torrent files can be hosted here.

Felicidades

Is there a way to confirm ive installed the bugs and fixes patch for 6.4?

Steam Version, Win 10

Game is running fine. Just want to confirm I have the most up to date version.

If I have installe

Its asking me for a disk?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

the disk is the .bins if your installing. Or if your running the mod on comp, it needs the mtw2 disk in the system.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Hi

A general M2TW question if I may...

Does a M2TW installation run significantly faster/more smoothly if the data pack files are fully unpacked?

(In other words, do you get a noticeable speed-of-access improvement if the contents of the data pack files are 'unzipped'?)

Thanks and best regards
    V

You should ask that in the M2 forum.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    WAHAHAHA!
    IT'S HERE.
    Seriously, though, props to the SS team.

I don't host the original torrents, but I downloaded all the files + made a readme.txt with the important stuff from the first post and created a new torrent. Here's the magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c3b989c014951df7d7944702c1416337ce251441&dn=Stainless%20Steel%20v6.4

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Echo4 View Post
    I don't host the original torrents, but I downloaded all the files + made a readme.txt with the important stuff from the first post and created a new torrent. Here's the magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c3b989c014951df7d7944702c1416337ce251441&dn=Stainless%20Steel%20v6.4
    Echo 4,

Firstly thank you for your post and joining us here at Stainless Steel?

Please can you clarify the following:

1. What is Magnet and why do you ? it
    2. Where does the long stream of letters and numbers take the poster to?

Navajo Joe
    Stainless Steel Local Moderator
    Last edited by Navajo Joe; June 28, 2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Addition

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

First of all, thank you Echo4 that is appreciated, you can correct me if I am wrong but I believe how it works, is you

1) Download something like qbittorrent
    2) Click "File" on the upper left
    3) Add Torrent Link
    4) Paste the magnet link into there.

Once that's done you can click OK and it should download if people have their computers on and are seeding.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hello I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. As far as I know, there are two ways to download the content of a torrent:

1) the first is to download an intermediary .torrent file (usually of a few KB), then open this file with a torrent client to then finally start downloading the actual content that you need; even if the intermediary file is very small, it still has to be hosted somewhere, so you have to upload it somewhere and hope that the link (server) will remain online;

2) the second is through a magnet link that, as z3n gently explained, can be pasted into your torrent client to directly start the download of the content. An even easier solution is to paste the link into the browser like it is a webpage (with magnet: instead of http: this will prompt your torrent client to start downloading the content; since there are no intermediary files involved, there is no need to hope that the hosting server goes offline.

Making torrents is very easy, so if there is something you don't like (for example you don't want to have a readme.txt, or the name of the folders, or the base version and the update should be separated instead of being in the same torrent) you can easily create a new official torrent, or you can tell me and I'll create a new one

Foederatus

Hello everyone,

Can i still believe for an update to SS 7.0 in 2019?

It will be awesome if SS 7.0 came out this yeear. I'm sure it will be awesome! Would anyone know if there is a script for changing the fertality rate of family member?

Im getting an "unable to locate Kingdoms.exe" error when loading the game which makes sense, it doesn't exist. What's the process for this with Steam? I have the "definitive version" and it didn't give me a Kingdoms.exe just the 4 folders installed next to 6.3.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

It worked for me! I did the installation right and I changed the edb script file for all unit recruitment to be 1 instead of ex... 0.45 and so forth. You will have to copy and paste the medieval2.exe file and rename it kingdom.exe. Pm me if u need help.

i didnt work for me..!! i'm having a definitive edition on steam, i follow all the step and created the kingdoms.exe !!! all i get a splash screen and then CTD with no error message!!! help anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan_83 View Post
    i didnt work for me..!! i'm having a definitive edition on steam, i follow all the step and created the kingdoms.exe !!! all i get a splash screen and then CTD with no error message!!! help anyone?
    i just checked the log.!! error something like this..!! anyone can help?

13:41:12.004 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:41:12.004 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    13:41:12.004 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:41:12.004 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:41:12.004 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:41:12.004 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:41:12.020 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:41:12.020 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:41:16.540 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 733, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'early heavy horse'.
    13:41:16.540 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.